It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Even if I cap the framerate to pretty low values, the GPU stays at 100% and max Wattage all the time. Why?

Oh, and it doesn't matter if it is done via engine.ini or Radeon Chill. This is pretty strange. I can handle it by lowering the Power Target, but that must be a bug.
FR4GGL3: Even if I cap the framerate to pretty low values, the GPU stays at 100% and max Wattage all the time. Why?

Oh, and it doesn't matter if it is done via engine.ini or Radeon Chill. This is pretty strange. I can handle it by lowering the Power Target, but that must be a bug.
It might be because by default from what I've tested the FPS is capped at 200. You can cap it by editing GameUserSettings.ini in:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\ANX\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

and setting bUseVSync to True:
bUseVSync=True

or by editing FPS directly:
FrameRateLimit=0.000000
Post edited October 16, 2020 by Suicide_Machine
Thanks for the reply. But as I already mentioned, I tried all of that settings. And I also tried to cap the framerate with Radeon Chill. It kinda works as the framerate gets lower. But it doesen't matter how low I go (70, 60, 50, even 40). The GPU stays at 100% and heats like an oven (yeah, my Vega 64 LC is an oven, but all other games go up and down on load).

There is something strange. I hope they get it sortet. Imagine a RTX 3090 at 100% Load all the time :) :) :)
Post edited October 17, 2020 by FR4GGL3
FR4GGL3: Thanks for the reply. But as I already mentioned, I tried all of that settings. And I also tried to cap the framerate with Radeon Chill. It kinda works as the framerate gets lower. But it doesen't matter how low I go (70, 60, 50, even 40). The GPU stays at 100% and heats like an oven (yeah, my Vega 64 LC is an oven, but all other games go up and down on load).

There is something strange. I hope they get it sortet. Imagine a RTX 3090 at 100% Load all the time :) :) :)
GPUs don't go to 100% for no reason. They go up to 100% doing work and provided your GPU is not hitting its limits with this game (and Vega 64 shouldn't, assuming you are not running the game uncapped* or at 4K), I'd again urge you to try setting an FPS cap in the config file since the one in Radeon Chill last time I checked only works on OpenGL applications.
I DID set the FPS cap in the config (I started at 70, then 60, then 50, then 40). Already before I opened this Thread. I also lowered TAA to FXAA in the config.

I did ALSO try to cap the FPS over Radeon Settings (Radeon Chill). But it doesn't matter if the Frames are capped or uncapped (even if they are capped at 40 FPS). The GPU always goes to 100% and 266W and heats like an oven.

The only workaround is to set a powerlimit at -40% or -50%. The GPU still goes to 100% but then the driver caps the powerlevel and the card throttles its power (and the FPS go down, as the power is limited).
FR4GGL3: Even if I cap the framerate to pretty low values, the GPU stays at 100% and max Wattage all the time. Why?

What model is your GPU?
It is a Vega 64 LC.

But the effect is also in discussion at Steam. And even on nvidia systems. So it has to be an Issue on the ANX Side of things.
Update: I got myself a RTX 3080 today. My Problems are gone as long as VSYNC is set in the config. My Problems are gone.
Post edited October 24, 2020 by FR4GGL3