It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A few points I wanted to mention (there should be an option to install the game with no client; no choice of install dir; not being able to change player name; no shortcut to galaxy client in AvP dir) were already brought up here, so I want to add the just the following thing I've discovered during my first installation of the game & client:

When I installed the game at first the multiplayer didn't work: Initially I chose a different directory name for the game (not "AvP Classic" but "Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000") when I installed the "setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.21.exe". Also I forgot to temporarily disable the firewall during the installation. Even before I gave all the permissions required to connect to the internet to the installer I got the message that the game had been successfully installed. I wasn't so convinced as the installer seemed to have tried downloading something when my firewall was still on. After that I started the client which updated the game. Then I started the game. I wasn't able to connect to a multiplayer game: I got the message "Failed to initialize." within AvP. I have to admit that I was messing around a little bit (frequently opening & closing the client, starting the game not via the client, ...). I then uninstalled the game and the client and reinstalled it to the default directory with my firewall turned off. Now everything works fine.

I don't really know if the game and client did install correctly in the first place and I was just being stupid or if something went awry during the first installation. If the game didn't install correctly the first time I would have the suggestion that if you bundle the client and the game within one installer you should make sure that an error message is displayed when some components couldn't be downloaded/installed... Or maybe it was a thing because the file path I chose for the game during the first installation was too long? I dunno...

Thank you very much for the game, the multiplayer is quite fun and I'll be testing more when I've got the time! :)
Will we can play in LAN without galaxy or will we be forced to login even to play in LAN ?
I installed the game as I always do with my games at "C:\Games\..." and I just noticed that the installation created an empty dir "C:\GOG Games". The game installation itself is alright and multiplayer works.
ninjablooper: I'm starting GalaxyClient.exe and absolutely nothing is happening. It's not starting up or anything. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
I'm getting the exact same behavior on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I'm assuming this is related to 64-bit Windows, but without any errors to be found (yet) I'm not sure.
So far I have not found major problems , there were cases where I could not connect but once connected the matches occured without problems. Good work so far! Will keep testing!
Sorry, I created a new thread before I saw the sticky and I don't know how to delete it, so you can answer here or there. But, anyway, I just noticed that the window for the launcher loaded behind the window for the downloader, so I couldn't find it at first. It might be better for the launcher window to load on top of the other windows, if that makes sense.
ninjablooper: I'm starting GalaxyClient.exe and absolutely nothing is happening. It's not starting up or anything. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
vuldin: I'm getting the exact same behavior on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I'm assuming this is related to 64-bit Windows, but without any errors to be found (yet) I'm not sure.
I don't think the client is intended to be opened by itself. Windows 7 64-bit here, and using a shortcut to AVP Classic works when the target is as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\GalaxyClient.exe" /gameId=1207665883 /command=launch /path="C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic"

I think the launcher actually needs a game to launch, it isn't intended as a standalone application. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

As for my experiences. Launcher works well. Trying to import the game into Steam using my desktop shortcut didn't work (it trimmed the extra launcher options) so I had to copy and paste the above target line into Steam... then it worked just fine with the Steam overlay and everything. Login worked, updating the game worked, and launching the game went well.

Things that would be nice:
Option to logout or "go offline"
Under the More button - options to update game graphics properties for games that support such external changes
Under the more button - a "find savegames" option that opens windows explorer at the savegame folder for the game
Maybe a server status icon? Green good, yellow spotty connection, red no connection
Updates on upcoming server maintenance, or latest patch notes, in the launcher window (so much unused space)
vuldin: I'm getting the exact same behavior on Windows 8.1 64-bit. I'm assuming this is related to 64-bit Windows, but without any errors to be found (yet) I'm not sure.
Spem: I don't think the client is intended to be opened by itself. Windows 7 64-bit here, and using a shortcut to AVP Classic works when the target is as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\GalaxyClient.exe" /gameId=1207665883 /command=launch /path="C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic"

I think the launcher actually needs a game to launch, it isn't intended as a standalone application. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

As for my experiences. Launcher works well. Trying to import the game into Steam using my desktop shortcut didn't work (it trimmed the extra launcher options) so I had to copy and paste the above target line into Steam... then it worked just fine with the Steam overlay and everything. Login worked, updating the game worked, and launching the game went well.

Things that would be nice:
Option to logout or "go offline"
Under the More button - options to update game graphics properties for games that support such external changes
Under the more button - a "find savegames" option that opens windows explorer at the savegame folder for the game
Maybe a server status icon? Green good, yellow spotty connection, red no connection
Updates on upcoming server maintenance, or latest patch notes, in the launcher window (so much unused space)
Thanks, it's working now.

edit: One problem though. How do I set AVP to run in windowed mode. My non Galaxy shortcut is just the normal one with -w at the end and it works fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to run it in a window while also using the Galaxy client.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by ninjablooper
Game is unplayable for me. It launches into 640x480 full screen and on my computer, that spells black screen with flickers of green dots. The game either needs to launch at 800x600 (preferably 1024x768) full screen or as windowed. Windows NT 6.# terminated support for 640x480 and my monitor apparently quit supporting it too.

Edit: Enabling GPU scaling in AMD Catalyst Control Panel "fixed" it:
My Digital Flat-Panels -> Properties (Digital Flat-Panel) -> Image Scaling -> check "Enable GPU Scaling"
Post edited October 21, 2014 by FordGT90Concept
Like so.

(he tried to attach the image and couldn't, so I uploaded the original I sent him.)
Attachments:
Post edited October 21, 2014 by m4gic
Please make the updates installed via the launcher silent/unattended. I was trying to type up a storm and the VC++ runtime/etc. kept stealing focus. Super annoying.
(spanish) Todo esta funcionando perfecto.
(english) Everithing is working perfect.
The installer put a shortcut on my desktop which I moved to my games folder as is my usual habit. Then I launched the game and it updated, after which I discovered another shortcut on my desktop. I'm assuming the updater put it there the second time. I don't think the updater needs to keep recreating the shortcut.
Issues with launcher:

Clicking feedback while it's updating for the first time opens AvP Classic\Support.ico - Extremely confusing!
Can't figure out how to get back to it after I've installed the game. I appear just to be forever logged in?
So far things have been smooth in game. However joining a game has been difficult at best. Sometimes the available games will change suddenly (like a half full server will just disappear) Or after quitting a game no server will be available. I i just left a partially full server with at least three other people there is no way that all of them quit at the same time I did. There has not seemed to be a lag issue, but considering how fast the aliens move hit detection is hard to accurately determine. It is just about equally likely that I did hit the alien but it wasn't registered due to lag as it is the alien was just really fast. This makes this a hard game to judge lag in. That said I haven't noticed other symptoms of lag such as marines suddenly teleporting from place to place. So over all Galaxy seems to be working, it just seems to lose track of what games are online from time to time.