It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'am happy to know that the GoG Galaxy well be a differen prograf from game installers.
In my few time playng AvP online i have not problems with connection non lags during gameplay.

I have this issue with the launcher:
- When i close it, and then i reopened it, it show a blank window or do not open.
If i try a secon time, it open regularly.

My System:
- Intel i7
- GeForce GTS 450
- 16GB Memory
- Win7 Pro 64

Excuseme for my bad english
real.geizterfahr: Minor annoyance:
Is it really necessary that the launcher creates new shortcuts after every update?
Same for me...
That's totally unnecessary...
Hallo I have Kasperky Internet Security (Latest Version) installed and running.After running the Game Launcher
I coudln't go online.I've had this problem fixed since I've disabled a setting causing Kaspersky software to scan all encrypted connections.I hope this is useful to somebody.
1) Is it possible to logout? I can't find such button
2) The client silently installs with the game, and a service is installed into my OS. It's not good to do such things without notification.
3) Desktop link is created to run game with galaxy, but does not state it clearly.
4) I am unable to install game without it(though it's fine for a test. Please don't do this in final version).
5) Good thing is that game runs fine even with disabled service, so I hope it will be possible to play without having it installed at all. I also hope, that if game supports direct connection or LAN options for multiplayer, those won't require installing and/or running galaxy.
Some suggestions:
1) Option to store every update package received - if game receives update, it is downloaded, installed and left there for user to take it and install manually next time. (if it is technically possible)
2) Run game immediately if no action is required(Don't show this Run dialog if there is no update available)
3) Option to choose desktop icons: without galaxy, with it(if it is installed) or both
khaelenmore: 1) Is it possible to logout? I can't find such button
2) The client silently installs with the game, and a service is installed into my OS. It's not good to do such things without notification.
3) Desktop link is created to run game with galaxy, but does not state it clearly.
4) I am unable to install game without it(though it's fine for a test. Please don't do this in final version).
5) Good thing is that game runs fine even with disabled service, so I hope it will be possible to play without having it installed at all. I also hope, that if game supports direct connection or LAN options for multiplayer, those won't require installing and/or running galaxy.
Some suggestions:
1) Option to store every update package received - if game receives update, it is downloaded, installed and left there for user to take it and install manually next time. (if it is technically possible)
2) Run game immediately if no action is required(Don't show this Run dialog if there is no update available)
3) Option to choose desktop icons: without galaxy, with it(if it is installed) or both
My feeback is similar, the points 1,2,3 have my total support.
When I installed the game and show the option to launch the game, had never been able to sign to my account, had to use the icon on the desktop.

Edit:
Ah, the first time, when I launched by second the launcher and try to send a support one image was being opened instead of the url to the forum (being log out)
Post edited October 23, 2014 by Belsirk
Launcher works for me
But game search may give wrong number of players when you go into play sometimes no one is there.
Any other games besides Death Match?

AMD Widows 7, 64bit
So if I understand correctly, non-critical issues should be logged directly here?

Here they are:
- Still can't log out when I use the launcher, just like when I used it for The Witcher Adventure Game.
- Updater re-installed the Visual Studio 2012 redistributables even though they were already installed during the initial installation.
- Why install both the Visual Studio 2012 x86 and x64 redistributables anyway? Unless the game contains both 32-bit and 64-bit code, it doesn't make sense.
- Immediately after installation, when I tried to boot the game from Windows 7's recently opened programs list from the Start Menu, it launched the game directly instead of the launcher. Even when I used the launcher multiple times afterwards, the raw version always appears higher in the list.
Installer installed C++ libraries twice, then the updater installed them again.

Windows 7 x64
MODS vs updates
I installed the REDUX mod and some custom maps with the launcher running.
When the launcher exited and was restarted, it downloaded 100MB of updates - those replaced the files the mod had replaced. It would be nice to have an indication whether the _launcher_ or the _game_ is receiving updates, and it might be nice to check for the presence of the 'custom' folder inside avp_rifs, or a modded.txt file in the game's root directory to prevent nuking mods?
Or some kind of would-you-like-to-overwrite dialog box, even though that may become unwieldy once the entire GOG catalogue is converted to be galaxyfied ;-)

BOTS
I checked against the SP game in Skirmish mode - bot support is still there with the -debug and -lampcxtr launch flags.
CROUCHMODE, ALIENBOT and PREDOBOT directives inside the CONFIG.CFG file get auto-executed on launch of a skirmish game.
However, I could not get these flags to register when the game was launched via the launcher; the "Launch Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000" shortcut ignored the flags, as did writing them into goggame-1207665883.info in the game directory. Making the launcher accept custom command-line flags and handing those to the executable to be called would be super handy! Imagine Species DM with bots =)
I've flat out uninstalled it and am not taking part in beta testing (or even future galaxy support) until the installer is a separate, transparent program that allows me to choose where it installs.

Of course the fact that I can't stand the feel of AVP doesn't help either, I can't believe how awkwardly dated and sparse the game feels to me. If only something like Unreal Tournament 3 was coming here as a Galaxy beta title...
It would be nice if the launcher could present a list of games currently in progress. While we're wishing, it would be nice to have a voice chat system where joining a game would also join a voice chat room with the other players in that game.

Back in reality, the launcher does what it's supposed to. Yay!
Changing nickname would be a nice feature. I dont like the sticking to forum nick.
Kondeki: I'm trying to play the AVP Redux mod, but the update launcher interferes and automatically installs the original content. I'd like to be able to choose to update the game, or just play without updating. Other than this, I have no problems with the launcher.
I have same probleem, only thing I can do is to unplug internet cable. :( Is the way to just start the game in offline mode ?
MagicBoy: I have same probleem, only thing I can do is to unplug internet cable. :( Is the way to just start the game in offline mode ?
I did have a moment where the launcher asked me if I wanted to start the game in offline mode, but it doesn't give me that option anymore. It's probably in there somewhere. I think the launcher detects the internet connection and removes the option to start in offline mode, for the time being. I would like to be able to choose the offline mode, regardless of my internet connection, in the future.
So far I've had a pretty good experience with the game and client (I've only been playing the single-player campaign).

The one issue I'm having with the Galaxy client (which has also been mentioned in this thread a couple of times), is the inability to log-out or change accounts. I still haven't been able to figure out where that info is stored (in theory, you could then just delete the folder/file where the login info is stored and it'll ask you to log in again)
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Grooberz