It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The game works, the launcher still does nothing. I have clicked on it, restarted the computer, reinstalled... still nothing.
KrunoSaho: The launcher continues to create the AvP shortcut on my desktop, I have deleted it twice now.
Same here. Would prefer that this does not happen.
Launcher UI had a confusing element--it showed "Updating" and "Initializing" on the launcher dialog along what was apparently a progress bar, but nothing moved. I was allowed to hit "Play" while ignoring it, but the bar shouldn't appear it's not going to do anything, or it should appear filled if the Initializing action is complete.

Also echoing previously posters' comments--this is starting to look a bit like an uncomfortable add-on if it's going to be bundled with all game executables. It would be best if you could include a "hook" from the game to the Matchmaking lobby program, rather than calling it a Launcher, and leave the multiplayer launcher and the games as separate stand-alone executables. That way, you can update them separately, and users can play the game single-player without having to update the game executable every time you update the multiplayer lobby program. Otherwise, this could end up begin just as inconvenient as Steam DRM.
When i install the game galaxyclient crash two time (in the begin and in the end) but i can install the game, when i start the game galaxyclient crash... so i can't play :(, i don't have log files sorry...
Game installed fine, ran the launcher and it updated the game fine, launched the game using the launcher and everything worked fine. Was able to get into a multiplayer game very quickly and had no issues. Is there going to be more to Galaxy than just this? So far I'm rather unimpressed. I was expecting something more akin to a front-end that provided stats and information along with a single interface to select from my library of games. Instead it's just a multipayer hosting service? Meh.

Windows 8.1 Pro
Asus X200CA w/ SSD
WiFi 802.11g 54.0 Mbps
So far I had no issues of any sort with the launcher. After the initial updates i could launch the game and found no problems at all. The only suggestion for now is to make the launche detect if the pc is connected to the internet: if you connect after launching the launcher, it shows "offline".

Win XP
CPU 3.6 GHz 1GB Ram
Wi-Fi

EDIT: Tried the launcher on WIN 7 on an X101CH netbook and no problems so far
Post edited October 23, 2014 by volpedelnord
Started playing last night. I have launched the game over a dozen times and the launcher works perfectly. No problems to report.
Nothing wrong with the launcher on my side.
nothing here, run really cool =)
I am sure others have already said it, but the whole GOG Galaxy Launcher, being integrated feels entirely too much like DRM software. I was hoping for a completely separate client, like Xfire is. That way, I had the choice of using it or not. Just from what I have seen, while it is functional for me, It is still DRM. If GOG plans to institute this in its future acquisitions or, worse yet, retroactively institute it in its current library, I will cease purchasing from GOG. From what I have seen, GOG Galaxy will simply be Steam of a different stripe. I cannot recommend this.
Launcher works great. I'd much rather have my games DRM free through GOG than Steam.
Being able to play my favorite older games multiplayer in the future would be hugely awesome. (Heroes 2 anyone?)
I like this so far. I still have the original game on cd, but I'm not a huge fan of the Alien Vs Predator multiplayer.
I'm trying to play the AVP Redux mod, but the update launcher interferes and automatically installs the original content. I'd like to be able to choose to update the game, or just play without updating. Other than this, I have no problems with the launcher.
My only "big" complaint is that the Launcher keeps putting a shortcut for AvP on my desktop every time it updates. Otherwise I seem to be able to connect to games on a regular basis.
Everything seems to be working for me. The launcher took a while to initialize(it had to install a C++ redistributable and seemed to hang for a minute), but works fine. Multiplayer works fine for me also. I'm looking forward to the future of GOG Galaxy!
normjhansen: Somewhat surprised that the launcher was bundled in the game download. Long-term that would make all downloads bigger than necessary and be a pain to update all games whenever you update the launcher.
mhtien: Also echoing previously posters' comments--this is starting to look a bit like an uncomfortable add-on if it's going to be bundled with all game executables.
AdmiralBarrett: I am sure others have already said it, but the whole GOG Galaxy Launcher, being integrated feels entirely too much like DRM software. I was hoping for a completely separate client, like Xfire is. That way, I had the choice of using it or not
And again: This is just the case with the AvP 2000 Galaxy multiplayer BETA. Once Galaxy is released (launcher != Galaxy), there will be a Client and/or the old-fashioned GOG installers from your game shelf.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by real.geizterfahr