It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1000xRESIST is a thrilling sci-fi adventure – and we hope you’re up for its challenge, because it’s now out on GOG with a -10% launch discount until May 23rd, 3 PM UTC!

1000 years in the future, humanity is all but extinguished and a disease spread by an alien occupation keeps the survivors underground. You are Watcher. You dutifully fulfil your purpose in service of the ALLMOTHER, until the day you learn a shocking secret that changes everything.

Now on GOG!
Tried it out, so far the voice acting is just lifeless, like the actors were just told to read what was on the page but put no effort in it, it almost feels more like a quick AI voice generator was used.

Story is all over the place in the first part, like they were trying to be like Hideo Kojima but fell flat, everything feels disjointed but not in a way that makes you want to try to put it together to find some meaning..

Scene transitions can cause issues in some areas as well were you can end up running back into the previous screen in some areas after a camera switch.

Also it displays Playstation command prompts when using a Logitech controller.

I may not be the audience for this game but it is not a good experience so far.

Does run great in Linux though.
Futurama lied! This isn't the 31st century we were promised!
BreOl72: [The aliens] are not hostile.

- So: why "live in constant fear of an alien attack"?

Makes no sense.
You're right. People in the real world never fear, hate and ultimately attack others who are very different from from them solely on the basis of those differences, and despite those others not being hostile to them. What were these developers thinking? 0/5, and I've called for a welfare check on the devs for being obviously mentally unwell and likely a danger to themselves and others.
Really nice to see this one here. Played the Demo on Steam, it's mostly narrative gameplay.

was instantly taken by the vibe and cyperpunk anime / Manga style.

Demo was a rough around the edges but immediataly put it on my wishlist.

May get it here instead.
Post edited May 10, 2024 by dyscode
HunchBluntley: You're right.
People in the real world never fear, hate and ultimately attack others who are very different from from them solely on the basis of those differences, and despite those others not being hostile to them.
Fun fact: RATIONAL and SANE people really never live in that fear.

Of course: going by where you come from, "the threat at the southern border" probably keeps you up at night.
SargonAelther: Not sure what you two are quoting, but the game description says:

They are not hostile, but it doesn’t matter. Their arrival is a death sentence. Humanity is wiped out in a matter of months, succumbing to a disease the Occupants have brought to our planet.
Breja: We're quoting the same thing you're quoting, just a bit further down.
Well ok, but then you are intentionally omitting the virus.

SargonAelther: Not sure what you two are quoting, but the game description says:

They are not hostile, but it doesn’t matter.

Their arrival is a death sentence.

Humanity is wiped out in a matter of months, succumbing to a disease the Occupants have brought to our planet.
BreOl72: [The aliens] are not hostile.

- So: why "live in constant fear of an alien attack"?

Makes no sense.

- Leading a war, however, is an act of hostility.
- Dreaming about joining a fight against someone (who is apparently NOT hostile), is also a sign of hostility.

But to unwittingly (?) introduce a disease/virus, of which possibly nobody knew that it existed, resp. of which nobody knew, that it poses a threat to the natives' lives, is not an act of hostility - that's just a massive "oopsie".

That's of course, IF the disease is not deliberately used as a weapon, after its life-threatening attribute is discovered.

But the game's blurb doesn't mention anything to that regard, only that the aliens aren't hostile.
I have not played the game, but I assume it goes something like this:
Aliens arrive, they're not hostile, but they bring diseases with them, that are fatal to humans. It is a massive oopsie, as you say.
Because humans are dying, they probably start attacking the aliens to either make them leave or to destroy them. The aliens retaliate and so NOW they are hostile, but they weren't before.

If my assumption is right, then then they could have used a past tense to make it clearer:
They were not hostile, but it didn’t matter. Their arrival was a death sentence. Humanity was wiped out in a matter of months, succumbing to a disease the Occupants brought to our planet.

BreOl72: Which really doesn't support the "the aliens deliberately killed the natives by disease" - theory, that you seem to follow.
My "theory" is based on not omitting crucial information about what wiped out humanity. Diseases can very much be oopsies.
Post edited May 10, 2024 by SargonAelther
HunchBluntley: You're right.
People in the real world never fear, hate and ultimately attack others who are very different from from them solely on the basis of those differences, and despite those others not being hostile to them.
BreOl72: Fun fact: RATIONAL and SANE people really never live in that fear.

Of course: going by where you come from, "the threat at the southern border" probably keeps you up at night.
Well, I know I'M perfectly rational, logical and sane (as are all moose), and due to your very sensible-seeming and not at all un-self-aware posts earlier in this thread--with which I agreed, I'll remind you--I was prepared to extend you the assumption of same. However, the southern border of my home forest range does not threaten and has never threatened me or mine. How foolish of you to assume that we moose would ever need fear the inhabitants of the lands to our south. Most of them don't even have antlers!
Rest assured, my European elk-brethren will hear about you and your brazen and un-factual bigotry. When the ungulate revolution comes, you will surely be among the first to fall under our hooves!

Fucking humans.
BreOl72: Fun fact: RATIONAL and SANE people really never live in that fear.

HunchBluntley: Well, I know I'M perfectly rational, logical and sane (as are all moose), and due to your very sensible-seeming and not at all un-self-aware posts earlier in this thread--with which I agreed, I'll remind you--I was prepared to extend you the assumption of same. However, the southern border of my home forest range does not threaten and has never threatened me or mine. How foolish of you to assume that we moose would ever need fear the inhabitants of the lands to our south. Most of them don't even have antlers!
Rest assured, my European elk-brethren will hear about you and your brazen and un-factual bigotry. When the ungulate revolution comes, you will surely be among the first to fall under our hooves!

Fucking humans.
These are the increasingly rare and precious moments when I remember why I still hang out here.
Looks interesting. Wishlisted.