It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded a new patch for Ether One that will update your game to version 1.0.2. Please download the Universal update (patch 1.0.2) (filename: patch_ether_one_2.0.2.4.exe) at your earliest convenience.

We recommend backing up your saves (located in InstallDirectory/Binaries/Win32/ )uninstalling the old version (click YES to keep your saves) and re-installing the game along with the patch for an optimal install.

Changelog:

- Fixed FOV slider not updating value
- All item placement related bugs should now be fixed. This includes the
issue where ankle bells could not be replaced in the Mayday puzzle.
Existing save files should also no longer have this issue.
- Fix for camera spinning into oblivion on low frame rates added.
- The Case safe does not allow content to overlap.
- Last projector does not cut out anymore.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Silent_Warrior: Awesome-sauce! But I have another problem: I keep getting motion sickness playing this. Considering it's the same engine as they used for Mass Effect, it should be possible to mess around with the configuration files. I'm not the kind of gamer who'd know how best to do that, though, on my own...
Try adjusting the Field of View slider, perhaps? Sorry, I have no idea how to really solve this :(
JudasIscariot: Try adjusting the Field of View slider, perhaps? Sorry, I have no idea how to really solve this :(
Silent_Warrior: I had some success by adjusting control responsiveness. I dug up the engine configs and reduced response rates and acceleration, as well as movement speed. (I also did my damnedest to get rid of the motion blur - I use a VA monitor, so I get motion blur for free.) I still couldn't play the game in more than 45 minute sessions, IIRC... I'll try the FOV slider.
Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you :) Maybe try toning down the detail settings? Again, not sure...
KitCameo: I've installed the patch, but my camera still spins into oblivion whenever I try to zoom into anything, or when it zooms in itself on safes or spaces to write in.

ETA: They now have a version 1.0.3, but I didn't see anything in the patch notes that say anything else about the problem with the screen flipping out, and there still seem to be people complaining about it on their own forum. Also, why doesn't GOG have the latest patch? It came out in April, according to their Steam forum.
Patch 1.0.3 is live on our site now as well :)