It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RabiatorG0G:
Tarnicus: I am not meaning to appear to be on a high horse, I find some of the titles that people have given me rather amusing. Could you explain how I am appearing to be?
We had some talks in pm, and i really regret seeing you continued with this, like on grunthos64.
I would be a hypocrit saying i did not call out on certain scammers but i had very solid proof when i did, you call out on people where proof is thin or minimal because grunthos did give out stuff.
Regardless i really believe posting parts of a pm is simply not done and is called private for a reason, and this is the opposite of what you are trying to do and you become the bully instead of protecting the victims.
This is just turning out into witch hunts and is not doing the forum any favors either, on the contrary.
Alright. Let me see if I have this (it's 3 am over here, I'm a little fuzzy). So Tarnicus asked Grunthos64 via pms if he/she actually did host giveaways. Grunthos64 replied yes. Links prove that Grunthos64 did in fact do giveaways. Then the matter was basically settled. Then Grunthos64 posted in here, a gifting thread, about Tarnicus, and then Tarnicus responded, and then DyNaer sent Tarnicus different/more links, which Tarnicus provided to this thread in an effort to maintain transparency.

So. Tarnicus was investigating abusers of GOGlodytes' generosity.
Grunthos64 became a suspect.
Grunthos64 has since been validated.
Grunthos64 brought the matter up in the Ninja thread for whatever reason.
Tarnicus acted to maintain clarity since the matter was now being discussed in public.
And a few people are not fond of Tarnicus posting pms to provide context, since pms are generally assumed to be private unless agreed upon otherwise.
Is that about everything?

Alright, can we move along now? This is a gifting thread after all. Just saying.

Edit: My apologies if I came off gruff/sarcastic, I actually was curious if I had missed anything and mean no offense.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Melhelix
Venhiem: Yeah look, long story. I got a key from Greenman for Rush Bros. So I told my friend he should too. He said he didn't have an account so he couldn't get one. I thought I'd get one for him too, and since his b'day is coming soon I said to him it'll be a gift. Now, Greenman wouldn't let me another key and new accounts didn't work. So I asked if there was someone who could send me and extra. They sent me the banhammer. So I guess you could call it begging, even tho I was trying to keep a promise.

Ah well I thought it does? If I'm the downrepper why would I get downrepped on posts even thanking people? And I got downrepped in a page (i dont remember which) where EVERYONE was getting high rated, and I didnt ask for anything I just made conversation and I got downrepped.

WTF now I'm at -53 I dont care go ahead and call me the downrepper I think what is happening ti my posts proves I'm not doing it to them.
Tarnicus: To quote a long story, this story is bullshit. You asked for a game "Venhiem (4 days ago) "Can anyone send me one at [removed email]? I hadn't registered before and I can't get any. It'd be uber-appreciated!" here http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/AcOvW/free-rush-bros-from-green-man-gaming/page/1#26802949 thus breaking the TOS for Steamgifts(an understandable mistake given how used to you are to asking for stuff)

3 days ago you do you first and only giveaway on Steamgifts http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/2PVze/rush-bros

COINSADENCE!!! Same game you were asking for a gift for your friend with your above sob story.

Looking at your Facebook profile Shahmir, you definitely look 15 but also come from a life of privilege most would never get a sniff at. Your Facebook profile focus is free gifts. Many posts associated with your email are about...FREE gifts. Looking at your Steam profile shows an account full of....FREE gifts.

Noticing a pattern here? Wondering why you are being down-repped? Might be time for you to start a fresh account eh?

You might fool others but you aren't fooling me and I hope that people can start to wake up and understand what the concept of social engineering aka scamming is. The basic premise - people will play you when they figure out who you are and what you want in order to get you to give them what they want.
Christ, same old pattern. Did you notice that the game he used for the giveaway, Rush Bros, was being GIVEN away for FREE from GMG? So he uses a FREE game to run his first giveaway, at the same time that GMG is giving them away? F' 'n A'!

As I see it right now, Venhiem has, over the last couple of days, stated that he wants a different rep around here. Maybe some won't forget his past, maybe some will. He's running a giveaway, I gave him some advice, he's responded well. So I'm giving him a clean slate for the time being, and not judging him on his past... for the moment. Time will tell if he learns or goes back to his old behavior.

I'm glad that you've dug this stuff up about him because it shows just how deep of a sheister he's been in the past, which extends beyond the GOG realm. But, that's the past. He's expressed desire to turn things around, at least here (I don't care what he does on Steam because I'm not a fan of that service or community).

Of course nobody has to listen to me, but I implore you guys to give him a chance.... one LAST chance. He probably is young. I was a complete weiner when I was a teenager, arrogant, prideful, selfish, and stupid. Like Tarnicus, I had to the learn the hard-way to be a decent human being, one capable of giving for the joy of it. If he blows it, THEN let his past remain what to judge him by. The Facebook information is exceedingly troubling, but I'll put it over my shoulder for the time-being.

Earlier today, I gave him 3 codes for some indie games to make his giveaway draw more attention. I'm trusting that he won't go off and redeem them himself, or gift them to his friends, or use them as trade bait. It's a small thing, like opening a bank account for an irresponsible child with $50 in it to teach them responsibility. Maybe it's because I know what it's like to be an idiot, and to be bullied, and to want to fit into a community full of cliques (this place is hardly that bad, but still...) or maybe it's just my fatherly instincts and a desire to believe that people can change when they have sufficient reason and a good heart.

Whatever my reasoning, I stand by it as the right thing to do. Let's lay off of him for now and see if he can become a valued member of the community. He obviously has enough time on his hands to be a very productive member, and if those stories have been bullshit than he certainly possesses a creative mind that could turn into a fun person to engage in discussions with around here. Maybe he could become another entertaining character here like Tiny E (no offense Tiny E for comparing you to Venhiem).

All I really know about this situation is that if we, as a community, don't try to forgive, support, guide, and mold the newer, younger users, than we fail as a community completely. We'll fracture, and be part hostile, elitist group that sticks to ourselves and doesn't welcome outsiders, while the other part of the community is nothing but rude inflammatory begging whining lying obnoxious trolls that only look out for themselves, like the rest of the internet. Maybe that's a bit over dramatic, but many good communities have ended up that way.

Now, if he fucks up again, then that's on him, but I won't regret trying to help and giving someone the benefit of the doubt one time.
low rated
nvm
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Venhiem
Tarnicus: To clarify what I meant by "don't mind if I'm not liked for doing this. I don't mind if I am banned from the forums, which technically isn't possible as these scammers have taught us..." is that whenever one says anything, there will be people who agree, disagree and have all manner of opinions inbetween. I am aware that some don't like what I am doing because it exposes what they have been up to. I am aware that some don't like what I am doing because of the methods used, none of which are illegal. Every bit of information I have found has started from these forums.

My comment on being banned from the forums(as per grunthos64's suggestion) and that it wouldn't bother me was because if that were to occur, is because if this community continues to change the way it has by becoming a magnet for greed without anything being done about it, then I would rather not be part of it.

Concerning grunthos: I posted some of the links to giveaways that he has done above, and others have shown their support for him.

I am not meaning to appear to be on a high horse, I find some of the titles that people have given me rather amusing. Could you explain how I am appearing to be?
OK, thanks for the clarification, I made the mistake to link your "i don't mind being banned" to the PM-matter, not grunthos comment. This combined with all the "sheriff "-talk led me to my high horse-comment. Sorry for that.

And in the spirit of melhelix, the voice of reason, first to reply (and first to not have grabbed a game in a while here) gets Evil Genius (GOG), which I got for free during Insomnia and which I planned to add to my first GA, but what the heck..... :) MAHAYO!
Post edited May 19, 2014 by RabiatorG0G
low rated
vulchor: The Facebook information is exceedingly troubling, but I'll put it over my shoulder for the time-being.
In what way? If you mean that just because I posted an email in public doesn't mean anyone can go and exploit my private profile then yes. If you mean that you too think that my facebook profile shows what he said than I'm sorry but it doesn't.

Other than that thanks for the trust. I won't break it.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Venhiem
Melhelix: Alright. Let me see if I have this (it's 3 am over here, I'm a little fuzzy). So Tarnicus asked Grunthos64 via pms if he/she actually did host giveaways. Grunthos64 replied yes. Links prove that Grunthos64 did in fact do giveaways. Then the matter was basically settled. Then Grunthos64 posted in here, a gifting thread, about Tarnicus, and then Tarnicus responded, and then DyNaer sent Tarnicus different/more links, which Tarnicus provided to this thread in an effort to maintain transparency.

Tarnicus acted to maintain clarity since the matter was now being discussed in public.
And a few people are not fond of Tarnicus posting pms to provide context, since pms are generally assumed to be private unless agreed upon otherwise.

Alright, can we move along now? This is a gifting thread after all. Just saying.

Edit: My apologies if I came off gruff/sarcastic, I actually was curious if I had missed anything and mean no offense.
This^ +1
I think you summed it up in a good way.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by MunkiSiren
grunthos64: cutting down on my time here. tarnicus's witch hunt left a bad taste in my mouth
Tarnicus: You're just upset because I asked you via PM if you could show me the giveaways that you said over 2 months ago you were going to do when you had your last cry about being called out on these forums for continually taking and never offering anything back in return.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread/post13614

This is how I replied to you:

"Links would really make things easier for me :) I'm asking because you have quite a history of taking from the generosity of this community, mentioned in that post that you would endeavour to return that generosity, and I haven't seen any evidence of that. I'm not saying that you haven't but it would be nice to see the proof of you following up on your word :) "

I've gotta chuckle at the last sentence of your reply via PM "you are trolling and need to stop. u are not the sheriff of gog offended me greatly "

Nope I'm not the sheriff of GOG but wouldn't that be cool if I was? Here's how I'd imagine it...

I'd love my own shiny badge with a GOG bear on it and a gun that shot game codes that would explode the computers of those who are purely here to take games and nothing more. In fact, you know those 4 codes I gave you for my birthday giveaway last year(when your rep strangely wasn't what it is now)? The might have those powers...

The main benefit of being the GOG Sheriff would obviously be being able to wear riding chaps ALL DAY LONG! I've been doing some shopping online, and came across these. Do you think they'd suit me?
DAMN! Tarni, do your legs look that good in heels IRL?
http://www.gamersgate.com/giftcard/74226A97C2

Pacific Storm Allies (gamersgate gift)
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Heretic777
Heretic777: http://www.gamersgate.com/giftcard/74226A97C2

Pacific Storm Allies (gamersgate gift)
Nice one :) Thanks
Melhelix: Alright. Let me see if I have this (it's 3 am over here, I'm a little fuzzy). So Tarnicus asked Grunthos64 via pms if he/she actually did host giveaways. Grunthos64 replied yes. Links prove that Grunthos64 did in fact do giveaways. Then the matter was basically settled. Then Grunthos64 posted in here, a gifting thread, about Tarnicus, and then Tarnicus responded, and then DyNaer sent Tarnicus different/more links, which Tarnicus provided to this thread in an effort to maintain transparency.

Agreed. Enjoy the ninja thread guys, I'll stay out of here :)
vulchor: The Facebook information is exceedingly troubling, but I'll put it over my shoulder for the time-being.
Venhiem: In what way? If you mean that just because I posted an email in public doesn't mean anyone can go and exploit my private profile then yes. If you mean that you too think that my facebook profile shows what he said than I'm sorry but it doesn't.

I'll message you privately about this irrespective of what I think of you. You're young and lacking an understanding of the internet and how I found your FB profile. Nothing was exploited. You provided everything needed.

Some valuable lessons for all involved here :)
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Tarnicus
hey tarnicus -- what about me? am i still classified as a bad person or did you change your mind?

Tarnicus: Agreed. Enjoy the ninja thread guys, I'll stay out of here :)
Venhiem: In what way? If you mean that just because I posted an email in public doesn't mean anyone can go and exploit my private profile then yes. If you mean that you too think that my facebook profile shows what he said than I'm sorry but it doesn't.

Tarnicus: I'll message you privately about this irrespective of what I think of you. You're young and lacking an understanding of the internet and how I found your FB profile. Nothing was exploited. You provided everything needed.

Some valuable lessons for all involved here :)
tarnicus even if you have good intentions you should really stop investigating other people life and then expose your findings here on the forum -- you are scaring newcomers!
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Ungunbu
low rated
the 1st one saying "i'm stupid" receives a prize
low rated
Ungunbu: the 1st one saying "i'm stupid" receives a prize
i'm not so no thanks :P
Ungunbu: the 1st one saying "i'm stupid" receives a prize
Venhiem: i'm not so no thanks :P
fair enough