It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JustSayin:
theslitherydeee: There's no real solution to this problem though that could be implemented. Rep doesn't work, its too easily exploited. Join date doesn't work, they just have to join and come back a couple months later. All you can do is try and get to know a couple of people and even then it doesn't solve the problem since there's so many other users.
All of what you said is true. I would just rather people actually have to show up for a free game instead of them waking up one morning and seeing their script has gotten them 3-5 free games the night before.
I'm changing my title right now!
MAHAYO!!!
Post edited April 30, 2014 by Venhiem
I wonder how big MAHAYO will be.
JustSayin:
theslitherydeee: There's no real solution to this problem though that could be implemented. Rep doesn't work, its too easily exploited. Join date doesn't work, they just have to join and come back a couple months later. All you can do is try and get to know a couple of people and even then it doesn't solve the problem since there's so many other users.
Agreed but free-range codes encourage trolls to visit..and eventually to show up and post for a few freebies - take a look at Maestro27 in the classified for a good example. He even snubbed the people he scammed with a snarky "happy easter" message after he was found out.

We gotta make this place about behaving like we do in real life, like human beings...not faceless internet trolls. For now, lets make free-range codes a thing of the past... If a human being cannot ask to be gifted (either via PM or post) then they should not be able to lurk and snatch without leaving a paper trail.

Frankly I'd love if Steam (like GOG and Desura) showed the name of the redeemer of a code.. No hiding, troll ;-p In the meantime, let's not let the trolls hide under bridges snatching free games...

MAHAYO!
low rated
Momo1991: Agreed but free-range codes encourage trolls to visit..and eventually to show up and post for a few freebies - take a look at Maestro27 in the classified for a good example. He even snubbed the people he scammed with a snarky "happy easter" message after he was found out.

We gotta make this place about behaving like we do in real life, like human beings...not faceless internet trolls. For now, lets make free-range codes a thing of the past... If a human being cannot ask to be gifted (either via PM or post) then they should not be able to lurk and snatch without leaving a paper trail.

Frankly I'd love if Steam (like GOG and Desura) showed the name of the redeemer of a code.. No hiding, troll ;-p In the meantime, let's not let the trolls hide under bridges snatching free games...

MAHAYO!
I'm with you MOMo! I'm getting over my code craze and I think all those trolls should be given the silent treatment ... like (Mountain)Troll for example.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post71710

lol, I say thanks for the drop even though I did not take the game and I still down rep for kindness and politeness. :P

EDIT: infact this has also spread to DyNaer, niniendowarrior and ggf162 to, some one dose not like politeness evidently!

EDIT 2: In fact someone went on a massive down rep spree. never mind. :P
Post edited April 30, 2014 by platercake
high rated
platercake: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post71710
lol, I say thanks for the drop even though I did not take the game and I still down rep for kindness and politeness. :P
EDIT: infact this has also spread to DyNaer, niniendowarrior and ggf162 to, some one dose not like politeness evidently!
Yeah, you're right. Even I was downrepped... (O_o)

Last night I was 1068, today I'm 1066. Still I don't know why I'm been hit with (-2) by the end of the day or early in the morning, and it has been like this all this week... (-_-)

I'm getting tired of this s**t. If I'm still been hit, I will stop giving free keys here on GOG and leave. Period.
Post edited April 30, 2014 by Azrael360
It is beyond me why anyone of you would care about an insiginifcant number under your avatars. Why do you let that get to you? The world and its people can be cruel, and random or aimed downrepping, while not nice, is sadly on the bottom of the list of "Cruel things people do".
Get over it?
high rated
Eleusis (desura key)

N1V1A-VZ3K7-B1IYT-6N2GO-DJGEL
Azrael360: I'm getting tired of this s**t. If I'm still been hit, I will stop giving free keys here on GOG and leave. Period.
just ignore the rep. This community feels so tight that you don't really need rep to build a trust with other people here and leaving because there are some retarded kids somewhere that have some weird sort of fun by harming some virtual counter near your avatar is not the right reason.
Azrael360: I will stop giving free keys here on GOG...
It might be that this is the exact thing the downrepper is trying to do. I don't really care about rep, but almost everyone who did some gifting was hit by this (including myself).
Heretic777: Eleusis (desura key)

N1V1A-VZ3K7-B1IYT-6N2GO-DJGEL
Thanks and +1:)

I consider myself "fortunate" in that regard, but rep is meaningless, especially since the GOG lords are doing away with this broken system.
Azrael360: Yeah, you're right. Even I was downrepped... (O_o)

Last night I was 1068, today I'm 1066. Still I don't know why I'm been hit with (-2) by the end of the day or early in the morning, and it has been like this all this week... (-_-)

I'm getting tired of this s**t. If I'm still been hit, I will stop giving free keys here on GOG and leave. Period.
For what its worth, Azrael. I appreciate your generosity. One should not put stock on these finicky meaningless numbers, Az. :)
Post edited April 30, 2014 by niniendowarrior
+rep to everyone :))
high rated
First reply gets Darkout Steam Key