It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
stg83:
IAmSinistar: I was sort of hoping that GOG would have a good prank for us, such as pre-orders of the whole LucasArts catalogue or a new agreement with Bethesda. But seeing how such pranks have turned around and bit them in the pASSt, I can see why they forborne.
Fixed that for you ;-p
stg83: I think you have earned enough good will on these forums that pulling a harmless prank is not going to get you down repped. Or not as you can see by my current status I am no expert on this. ;)
IAmSinistar: True enough, most folks here have a decent appreciation of humour. :)

I was sort of hoping that GOG would have a good prank for us, such as pre-orders of the whole LucasArts catalogue or a new agreement with Bethesda. But seeing how such pranks have turned around and bit them in the past, I can see why they forborne.
I still remember the PR stunt like it was yesterday. You DO NOT tell the whole community that you have just gone offline and will be gone for good.

If GOG ever does shut down I hope we get at least a 30 day warning so I can go out and get an external hard drive or three and put all my games on there.
grunthos64: If GOG ever does shut down I hope we get at least a 30 day warning so I can go out and get an external hard drive or three and put all my games on there.
I'll get a shrink too, just in case. :D
Post edited April 01, 2014 by Thespian*
IAmSinistar: I was sort of hoping that GOG would have a good prank for us, such as pre-orders of the whole LucasArts catalogue or a new agreement with Bethesda. But seeing how such pranks have turned around and bit them in the past, I can see why they forborne.
My guess was that there would be a news topic (starting with the words "Good news!") in which they state that there will be DRM for some new games on GOG. Because it is industry standard today and they couldn't get an agreement with the publishers otherwise.

Would've been hilarious!
stg83:
IAmSinistar: such as pre-orders of the whole LucasArts catalogue
That would be going too far. If they did that I'd be in a tower with a high powered rifle. :D
IAmSinistar: True enough, most folks here have a decent appreciation of humour. :)

I was sort of hoping that GOG would have a good prank for us, such as pre-orders of the whole LucasArts catalogue or a new agreement with Bethesda. But seeing how such pranks have turned around and bit them in the past, I can see why they forborne.
Yeah, after the whole regional price fiasco it seems like they are treading carefully so as not to offend anyone and face the wrath of over 10K comments, a funny one would have been if every game on the website changed into Jack Keane 2 as soon as you added it to cart. :P
Post edited April 01, 2014 by stg83
grunthos64: If GOG ever does shut down I hope we get at least a 30 day warning so I can go out and get an external hard drive or three and put all my games on there.
Thespian*: I'll get a shrink too, just in case. :D
I think it will be much more likely that they would get bought out by a big company than go out of business, but then the DRM would show up and I would still have to go out and get those hard drives.

Of all the services that could disappear tomorrow, DotEmu is by far the most likely. Its so damn small its almost sad and cute all at the same time.
tinyE: I'd be in a tower with a high powered rifle. :D
Again? Man, you're incorrigible. :P

grunthos64: I think it will be much more likely that they would get bought out by a big company than go out of business, but then the DRM would show up and I would still have to go out and get those hard drives.

Of all the services that could disappear tomorrow, DotEmu is by far the most likely. Its so damn small its almost sad and cute all at the same time.
That happened with Desura, but fortunately no changes in their business model. :)
Thespian*: Again? Man, you're incorrigible. :P
Oh come on I was drunk, you can't hold that against me!

You Vulcans. You think you are all so superior to everyone else because you never bounce checks, go on shooting sprees, or get caught masturbating in public. Your entire species makes me sick! :O
Thespian*: Again? Man, you're incorrigible. :P
tinyE: Oh come on I was drunk, you can't hold that against me!
so what your blame your spotter?

e: hello all!
e1: correct quote! - meh near enough
e2: and a linky in case anyone doesn't know what a spotter is.
Post edited April 01, 2014 by chezybezy
tinyE: Your entire species makes me sick! :O
Quite common issue on Chulthonian entities. Have you gone to a doctor for an antihistamine? ;)
Some great prank ideas you all have. I'd like to have seen an announcement for a regionally-priced, standard-versus-deluxe-edition, pre-order of Jack Keane 3. With DRM.

Alternately, displaying every price in zloty would have been pretty damn amusing too. :D
IAmSinistar: Some great prank ideas you all have. I'd like to have seen an announcement for a regionally-priced, standard-versus-deluxe-edition, pre-order of Jack Keane 3. With DRM.

Alternately, displaying every price in zloty would have been pretty damn amusing too. :D
Or in Zimbabwe dollars
IAmSinistar: I considered creating a set of five fake keys for some popular game, so that the first letters of the keys spelled out APRIL and the last letter FOOLS, but I figured I'd get downrepped back to single digits for that. ;)
Like so ?
A1E2F-P1T6O-R2S4O-I8F7L-L0R5S
(that's a key I totally just made up for the lolz, don't try to redeem it :-)

Anyways, being in a gifting mood today, first one to reply gets a GOG key for Defender's Quest(from Humble Bundle Weekly) !
IAmSinistar: I considered creating a set of five fake keys for some popular game, so that the first letters of the keys spelled out APRIL and the last letter FOOLS, but I figured I'd get downrepped back to single digits for that. ;)
Treasure: Like so ?
A1E2F-P1T6O-R2S4O-I8F7L-L0R5S
(that's a key I totally just made up for the lolz, don't try to redeem it :-)

Anyways, being in a gifting mood today, first one to reply gets a GOG key for Defender's Quest(from Humble Bundle Weekly) !