It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good morning!
Morning :-)
Good night :D
Good morning/night/evening/noon/afternoon all :p
Zurvan7: Good morning/night/evening/noon/afternoon all :p
Tomorrows the first will stay away fro probably get joke codes or somethingm forums
Thespian*: Oh, wait, maybe in USA "drunk" is used as a compliment?
ejiki: Thespian*, you're very nice guy, I respect you very much, and I agree almost with anything you just wrote (not because it's you, just because it's right!) but please, tell me, what's wrong about being drunk?
Nothing at all, but to use that reply when another user is trying to elaborate his stance, when one isn't even involved in the discussion, it's pretty dismissive, don't you think so?

Zurvan7: I think qp was referring to the meme thing, he didn't want to insult anyone...
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/go-home-you-are-drunk
I know the meme, but (from the very page you linked): "the phrase has been colloquially used to advise someone against over-drinking or scold him or her for losing self-control".
Post edited March 31, 2014 by Thespian*
ejiki: Thespian*, you're very nice guy, I respect you very much, and I agree almost with anything you just wrote (not because it's you, just because it's right!) but please, tell me, what's wrong about being drunk?
Thespian*: Nothing at all, but to use that reply when another user is trying to elaborate his stance, when one isn't even involved in the discussion, it's pretty dismissive, don't you think so?
Thanks, now I get your point. I still don't think this was a reason for downrep, but I agree this was rude.
low rated
Nice...I just said "Good Morning" and I immediately got down-repped!!
qpKillerqp: Nice...I just said "Good Morning" and I immediately got down-repped!!
Probably some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed and did not agree with you that it is a good morning. :P
qpKillerqp: Nice...I just said "Good Morning" and I immediately got down-repped!!
Come on, it's monday, how the morning can be good? I'd downrep you myself for this, but my script has removed voting buttons :)
high rated
Desura
Cardinal Quest: cc_cq_1AZ720W11990
Thespian*: Nothing at all, but to use that reply when another user is trying to elaborate his stance, when one isn't even involved in the discussion, it's pretty dismissive, don't you think so?
I think this is an issue of language, you can't judge what you hear on how you would speak (or literal interpretations of humour, which would really screw with you if you came to the UK) you have to accept that cultural differences between countries (and even differences in the same countries) can have a big impact on what is said and what that means.

There was nothing wrong with what they said, it was just humour and in no way dismissive (id suggest it was friendly and meant to make the situation better/lighter in fact).

Maybe it is not the type of humour you get and/or use but that does not change its actual meaning or make it wrong.

Thespian*: I know the meme, but (from the very page you linked): "the phrase has been colloquially used to advise someone against over-drinking or scold him or her for losing self-control".
"colloquially" changes across the world, and across same countries that is why colloquialisms are not formal usage. It even becomes more complicated because although technically I have heard it in this meaning, it is dependant on context and how it is said. Like many things in the English language a word or phrase can mean completely different things depending on how and where it is said.

In this case I can see no context where it could possibly mean it in a bad way at all.
Post edited March 31, 2014 by mabrookes
high rated
Trine: P?7B0-5V7XH-Q7?GX ?=same number
EDIT: So did anyone redeem it?
Post edited March 31, 2014 by qpKillerqp
mabrookes: In this case I can see no context where it could possibly mean it in a bad way at all.
If that's the case and I got all wrong, please accept my apologies, qpKillerqp. ;)
mabrookes: In this case I can see no context where it could possibly mean it in a bad way at all.
Thespian*: If that's the case and I got all wrong, please accept my apologies, qpKillerqp. ;)
That's ok :)