It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Braussie: I find it easier if you do a series of giveaways instead of just one. Personally, it's a lot easier sort entries for doing a giveaway for 1 game at a time. (though I did just break this rule). I also think it's more fun to see series of giveaways... like a multi-week "New Job Giveaway (week 1)" type of contest. That'll also spread the giveaway over time, and not have you spend that much at once. But then again, it's up to you.

Another option, is to get a bunch of the indie game bundles for giveaways. Though people are more likely to afford them, you can give a person 3-6 steam games for $1, $5, or anywhere in between. Or you can do the generic "winner gets a $5.99 game".

... And congrats on the job! Welcome to the community! Glad to have you here!
Hmm.. I do like the idea of a multi-week giveaway. I don't have a steam account and I don't know much about how that works. I will most likely be sticking with GOG games as i'm ignorant to other distributors. Hahah

Thanks for so many great ideas, I'll definitely be marinating on them a little bit.
It's been a great time here, and I'm glad to be so welcomed! :)

But really, It's you guys who make it so great as it is. You guys are awesome! So thank YOU!
TimTom92: snip
Also, here's a link to a site that lists a bunch of bundled games. They usually do a decent job of listing the current ones, so you'd be able to get plenty of games that way. http://www.indiegamebundles.com/
Has anyone noticed me doing anything particularly evil recently? Because either everyone is, or someone is following and down repping me. I was about 50 rep a week ago now I've dropped below 40. Can you see which of your posts are low rated because I've gone back to various threads but all I can see when I go to my posts is the edit button. If someone doesn't like me I kinda want to know why, quite frankly the not knowing is bugging me more than the lost rep.
theslitherydeee: Has anyone noticed me doing anything particularly evil recently? Because either everyone is, or someone is following and down repping me. I was about 50 rep a week ago now I've dropped below 40. Can you see which of your posts are low rated because I've gone back to various threads but all I can see when I go to my posts is the edit button. If someone doesn't like me I kinda want to know why, quite frankly the not knowing is bugging me more than the lost rep.
It's been happening to a lot of people. They're using a script to derep posts, but not so much that they show up as low rated. If you post in the GOG or Non-GOG Giveaway threads, expect to get derepped by them.
theslitherydeee: You don't have to put too much effort into it. A simple one is to tell people to submit a single picture of (Insert picture idea here) and then go through and find the one that strikes your fancy. Its a good way to find a new desktop background.
That's a neat idea too! I'll have to let all these ideas sink in tonight.
Also, sorry about people downrepping, that's not cool. :/
soulitter: Like some members said you shouldnt overdo it. There are like https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly were you can gift games for 1$ or promos like less 5.99$ that happens in GOG.Do some weekly or monthly giveaways, take your time.You should also see some giveaways to get an ideia there plenty with riddles and so forth.Money should used wisely even for small gestures like a gift.
Thanks for your time, I'll definitely be keeping these thoughts into great consideration.
I like the idea of little gifts more so now because that way, it can be given to dozens of people! :)
Post edited February 10, 2014 by TimTom92
theslitherydeee: Has anyone noticed me doing anything particularly evil recently? Because either everyone is, or someone is following and down repping me. I was about 50 rep a week ago now I've dropped below 40. Can you see which of your posts are low rated because I've gone back to various threads but all I can see when I go to my posts is the edit button. If someone doesn't like me I kinda want to know why, quite frankly the not knowing is bugging me more than the lost rep.
spoderman: It's been happening to a lot of people. They're using a script to derep posts, but not so much that they show up as low rated. If you post in the GOG or Non-GOG Giveaway threads, expect to get derepped by them.
I hardly post there except to talk to people. I'm more active on the classifieds page.
spoderman: It's been happening to a lot of people. They're using a script to derep posts, but not so much that they show up as low rated. If you post in the GOG or Non-GOG Giveaway threads, expect to get derepped by them.
theslitherydeee: I hardly post there except to talk to people. I'm more active on the classifieds page.
Even posting there once is enough, I think they derep people in random giveaway threads too. Not sure if they derep anyone from the classifieds. Once you're in their script, it seems like its impossible to get off.

It's been happening to me too, but I gain enough rep daily so that I barely break even.
Post edited February 10, 2014 by spoderman
theslitherydeee: I hardly post there except to talk to people. I'm more active on the classifieds page.
spoderman: Even posting there once is enough, I think they derep people in random giveaway threads too. Not sure if they derep anyone from the classifieds. One you're in there script, it seems like its impossible to get off.

It's been happening to me too, but I gain enough rep daily so that I barely break even.
That kinda sucks for people like me. Haven't been here long, can't post a ton, can't afford to do many giveaways (though I have given away a few games) and just now approaching 50. Stinks that people act like that because this is a really cool community overall.

Edit: Thankfully it hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood!
Post edited February 10, 2014 by marsrunner
spoderman: Even posting there once is enough, I think they derep people in random giveaway threads too. Not sure if they derep anyone from the classifieds. One you're in their script, it seems like its impossible to get off.

Spoder, you're a good superhero in my books!
Just out of curiosity, what does one even gain from de-repping someone who does not deserve it?

ugh. after playing Killing floor, my brain lagged out and i got my ass handed to me on insurgency.
leonairxxx: Just out of curiosity, what does one even gain from de-repping someone who does not deserve it?
They gain nothing except proving the rep system is broken.
leonairxxx: Just out of curiosity, what does one even gain from de-repping someone who does not deserve it?
Leucius: They gain nothing except proving the rep system is broken.
huh. i'd never find doing anything like that to be satisfying.
It feels like down vote has more weight per vote, then up vote on rep.
1 downvote can ruin dozens of upvotes, it is true.

edit: spelled weight wrong :/
Post edited February 10, 2014 by gbaz69
spoderman: Even posting there once is enough, I think they derep people in random giveaway threads too. Not sure if they derep anyone from the classifieds. Once you're in their script, it seems like its impossible to get off.

The script thing seems logical because my rep drops exactly by 4 points every 48 hours. It is just ridiculous as I have been stuck between 20-25 forever, but what can you do. :/
Post edited February 10, 2014 by stg83
Regarding the rep have any of you looked through this thread?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/please_vote_for_this_wishlist_to_get_a_proper_rep_and_show_appreciation_to_memebers/page1