It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: I wanted to dispose of it as quick as I could. Didn't really think of trying to turn a profit. :p
Braussie: If it makes you feel any better, I could only take a carload of stuff when I moved across country... So, I gave my buddy the following:
PS1
PS2 (1st or 2nd gen)
Sega Dreamcast
Supernintendo
Gamecube w/ gameboy advanced attachment
Atari Flashback

... And a bunch of games...
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, X,
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Wing Commander (SNES)
Legend of Legaia
Grandia
Legend of Dragoon
... and a ton more

He was poor and was gonna come 2000 miles for my wedding, so I told him to try and sell the stuff to put towards a ticket or gas to get him out there.
That was a very nice gesture for you. Very awesome!!! :D
Sachys: Stooner moved?!
Braussie: LOL...

... On a different note, I was able to snag the argonauts and overlord bundle off of tremor games. I've been trying to save up for one game on there, but it's just under 6k points. Now I'm back to 3,400. I've played the hades out of Rise of the Argonauts so far though :) Was exactly what I wanted to play!
Glad to hear, Braussie! You deserve a good break after all you've gone through.
Post edited February 09, 2014 by niniendowarrior
If anyone is interested, I'm actually considering doing a giveaway in celebration of getting a second job. Woot!
I'm thinking of going big, giving back to the community.
How does a giveaway of up to $150 in GOG games sound? :P

- Tim
Post edited February 09, 2014 by TimTom92
TimTom92: If anyone is interested, I'm actually considering doing a giveaway in celebration of getting a second job. Woot!

- Tim
You are kidding, right? 150?
OH almost forgot grats on the second job!
Post edited February 09, 2014 by soulitter
TimTom92: If anyone is interested, I'm actually considering doing a giveaway in celebration of getting a second job. Woot!

- Tim
+1 for your big giveaway, good sir! That's awesome for the community. :)
soulitter: You are kidding, right? 150?
OH almost forgot grats on the second job!
Nope, not kidding! And thanks very much. A friend of mine was able to help give me a
good recommendation, and I should be all set to work soon.
niniendowarrior: +1 for your big giveaway, good sir! That's awesome for the community. :)
Thanks for making this site great, all you guys. :)
I'm still new, but its been so much fun here.
Post edited February 09, 2014 by TimTom92
Congrats on the second job!
Impaler26: Congrats on the second job!
Thanks! It's been a hard winter, this will definitely help.

- Tim
First, congratulations for your new job! ^_^
And second, thanks for the thought, it's really appreciated, but that's way too much I think... (:P). It's better to save and prepare for your job, and the winter ;)

- Tim
Congratulations on the second job, but I think that is way too much money to spend for a giveaway.
Azrael360: First, congratulations for your new job! ^_^
And second, thanks for the thought, it's really appreciated, but that's way too much I think... (:P). It's better to save and prepare for your job, and the winter ;)
Why thank you! The money from the job will be a buffer for gas, food and the like,but there is room for some spending.
Luckily, there's now a full tank of heating oil! A storm is coming up north here, it's already snowing. Brrr.

It's a lot of people here, I was hoping to do a giveaway with a first and second prize, with up to 10-15 others getting a set monetary amount. It is a lot, so I'm trying to think of ways of how to be fair.

If not that much money, what would be ideal? I haven't hosted a giveaway before!

- Tim
Too much, pick one or two nice games and do something creative instead. A puzzle or a writing competition, or another good one is a picture competition. Its nice to see giveaways that ask for more than to simply say "I'm in" and it creates a positive vibe.
squidbee: Congratulations on the second job, but I think that is way too much money to spend for a giveaway.
How much money would be ideal for a giveaway? I want to please a lot of people. Haha
theslitherydeee: Too much, pick one or two nice games and do something creative instead. A puzzle or a writing competition, or another good one is a picture competition. Its nice to see giveaways that ask for more than to simply say "I'm in" and it creates a positive vibe.
This is the third time someone has said it is too much..
So I guess Its not to over-do it? Hmm.. It's understandable.

You bring up some really great ideas. I unfortunately, just don't have the time to be so fancy. :/
I was going to pick at random, but there is no time-stamp for this giveaway at the moment... So maybe,
that will give me time to be creative?
Post edited February 10, 2014 by TimTom92
TimTom92: It's a lot of people here, I was hoping to do a giveaway with a first and second prize, with up to 10-15 others getting a set monetary amount. It is a lot, so I'm trying to think of ways of how to be fair.

If not that much money, what would be ideal? I haven't hosted a giveaway before!
I find it easier if you do a series of giveaways instead of just one. Personally, it's a lot easier sort entries for doing a giveaway for 1 game at a time. (though I did just break this rule). I also think it's more fun to see series of giveaways... like a multi-week "New Job Giveaway (week 1)" type of contest. That'll also spread the giveaway over time, and not have you spend that much at once. But then again, it's up to you.

Another option, is to get a bunch of the indie game bundles for giveaways. Though people are more likely to afford them, you can give a person 3-6 steam games for $1, $5, or anywhere in between. Or you can do the generic "winner gets a $5.99 game".

... And congrats on the job! Welcome to the community! Glad to have you here!
squidbee: Congratulations on the second job, but I think that is way too much money to spend for a giveaway.
TimTom92: How much money would be ideal for a giveaway? I want to please a lot of people. Haha
theslitherydeee: Too much, pick one or two nice games and do something creative instead. A puzzle or a writing competition, or another good one is a picture competition. Its nice to see giveaways that ask for more than to simply say "I'm in" and it creates a positive vibe.
TimTom92: This is the third time someone has said it is too much..

You bring up some really great ideas. I unfortunately, just don't have the time to be so fancy. :/
I was going to pick at random, but there is no time-stamp for this giveaway at the moment... So maybe,
You don't have to put too much effort into it. A simple one is to tell people to submit a single picture of (Insert picture idea here) and then go through and find the one that strikes your fancy. Its a good way to find a new desktop background.
TimTom92: This is the third time someone has said it is too much..

Like some members said you shouldnt overdo it. There are like https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly were you can gift games for 1$ or promos like less 5.99$ that happens in GOG.Do some weekly or monthly giveaways, take your time.You should also see some giveaways to get an ideia there plenty with riddles and so forth.Money should used wisely even for small gestures like a gift.