It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Punished_Snake: I can quote too!
I never doubted you... :p
Post edited January 21, 2014 by Thespian*
Schnuff: Can't quote...so Thespian* check PM and Have Fun
Stooner: Of course you can! You quoted me...
yes, but after that my post just hangs....
edit:
eeeekk, and now its possible again...the wonders of GOG forum :p
Post edited January 21, 2014 by Schnuff
Stooner: Of course you can! You quoted me...
Schnuff: yes, but after that my post just hangs....
Do not say I'm holding you. That's a lie.
Schnuff: eeeekk, and now its possible again...the wonders of GOG forum :p
Yep. :D
Post edited January 21, 2014 by Stooner
benderz: You can add /download to the url to get some DRM free download links.
For example, for AR-k, the Desura url is http://www.desura.com/games/ar-k
You can download the game here : http://www.desura.com/games/ar-k/download

This tip works with games you bought, and for some free games (but not all of them).
Yup, for the games i've bought there is no problem dl them direct (thanks again for all the help i got here).
Only those free games...well I'll try it with the next Freedom Friday.
Schnuff: Yup, for the games i've bought there is no problem dl them direct (thanks again for all the help i got here).
Only those free games...well I'll try it with the next Freedom Friday.
Gonna quote my reply to benderz, just in case you didn't see it, Schnuff:

Thespian*: Umm, I've tried with Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor, both of which I already own, to no avail. Only got the usual "you need the app to install it" screen...
Thespian*: Gonna quote my reply to benderz, just in case you didn't see it, Schnuff:

Thespian*: Umm, I've tried with Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor, both of which I already own, to no avail. Only got the usual "you need the app to install it" screen...
Thespian*:
I've tried it with my games, and its np with them. Can't check it with Shadowgrounds cause they are games i've on
other sites. But its still worth a try. Some of those free games are so interesting. If nothing helps....well i hope for the
next free-bundle.
edit:
and for the retro bundle tomorrow from groupees....now that are games i would love to see on GOG.
Post edited January 21, 2014 by Schnuff
Some games doesn't have direct downloads on Desura, Shadowgrounds and S Survivor are some of them.

Schnuff: and for the retro bundle tomorrow from groupees....now that are games i would love to see on GOG.
Me too.. but not a high probability...
Schnuff: I've tried it with my games, and its np with them. Can't check it with Shadowgrounds cause they are games i've on
other sites. But its still worth a try. Some of those free games are so interesting. If nothing helps....well i hope for the
next free-bundle.
I guess the tip is actually a shortcut to the download screen (when I've tried with games which have standalone downloads, I got the list of available downloads, too) but don't solve the issue of some games needing the client.

One of the few things that annoy me about Desura.

Schnuff: and for the retro bundle tomorrow from groupees....now that are games i would love to see on GOG.
Maybe someday... ;)

Stooner: Some games doesn't have direct downloads on Desura, Shadowgrounds and S Survivor are some of them.
I know, but it's really frustrating. I might understand it in the case of free stuff and very recent games (as a temporary measure while readying the standalone downloads), but the SGs are from 2005 and 2007, respectively!
Thespian*: I guess the tip is actually a shortcut to the download screen (when I've tried with games which have standalone downloads, I got the list of available downloads, too) but don't solve the issue of some games needing the client.
Exactly. It just allow some free games to be downloaded without client (because free games don't show download links on the game's front page all the time).
benderz: Exactly. It just allow some free games to be downloaded without client (because free games don't show download links on the game's front page all the time).
Yep, it's a bit incoherent to offer direct links in the gamecard in some cases, and in others, to force you to click the Free button to get the "You need Desura..." screen, and then to click the "download direct" link there.
Don't know how many of you realise, but tomorrow is the SECOND ANNIVERSARY of ninja thread!

...also on that topic: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/absent_friends_hopefully_temporary_giveaway_14_are_they_all_ninjas_o_o/post1
Sachys: Don't know how many of you realise, but tomorrow is the SECOND ANNIVERSARY of ninja thread!

...also on that topic: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/absent_friends_hopefully_temporary_giveaway_14_are_they_all_ninjas_o_o/post1
Tomorrow the site is gonna crash again...sigh.
Sachys: Don't know how many of you realise, but tomorrow is the SECOND ANNIVERSARY of ninja thread!
Long live the NiNjas!
Hail to the ninjas :)
truhlik77: Hail to the ninjas :)
A ninja is silent