It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MunkiSiren: Hey all :)
Hi, And merry xmas
MunkiSiren: Hey all :)
Merry Christmas!
te_lanus: Hi, And merry xmas
Merry Christmas :) Did you have a good one??

robb5: Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!! :)
I am sure that Install means simply adding Left 4 Dead 2 to your games library. What it means is if we don't click on install in these 24 hours to add the game to our account then we'll miss out. That is what I got from the promo press release. Once the game is added it cannot just disappear its the same as buying a game, do we have to install every game we buy to keep it in our library? No. So just relax people it will be fine. :)
Post edited December 26, 2013 by stg83
stg83: I am sure that Install means simply adding Left 4 Dead 2 to your games library. What it means is if we don't click on install in these 24 hours to add the game to our account then we'll miss out. That is what I got from the promo press release. Once the game is added it cannot just disappear its the same as buying a game, do we have to install every game we buy to keep it in our library? No. So just relax people it will be fine. :)
On further analysis, I am lead to believe that the install/download process has to be started. Checking the L4D2 store page with the game in my account. It says "Play Game" with a note saying to "Collect your free copy", click on "Play Game". The URL is basically to initiate the install process.
stg83: I am sure that Install means simply adding Left 4 Dead 2 to your games library. What it means is if we don't click on install in these 24 hours to add the game to our account then we'll miss out. That is what I got from the promo press release. Once the game is added it cannot just disappear its the same as buying a game, do we have to install every game we buy to keep it in our library? No. So just relax people it will be fine. :)
niniendowarrior: On further analysis, I am lead to believe that the install/download process has to be started. Checking the L4D2 store page with the game in my account. It says "Play Game" with a note saying to "Collect your free copy", click on "Play Game". The URL is basically to initiate the install process.
I just checked the store page as well it says "You already own Left 4Dead 2" with a Play Now button so it is the same for every game you own just like when you go to the store for another game that you've bought and haven't installed. It will have the Play Now button and when you click, it will prompt the installation process. But if you don't install it, you'll still have the game in your library, it won't go away.

EDIT: I am using the Steam application not using the steam store on the web browser.
niniendowarrior: On further analysis, I am lead to believe that the install/download process has to be started. Checking the L4D2 store page with the game in my account. It says "Play Game" with a note saying to "Collect your free copy", click on "Play Game". The URL is basically to initiate the install process.
It's just worded weirdly. If it's in your licenses/subs, it's not gonna get removed. I can test this by reporting what happens to it on my alt account later. I highly doubt you have to play or download the game.
spoderman: It's just worded weirdly. If it's in your licenses/subs, it's not gonna get removed. I can test this by reporting what happens to it on my alt account later. I highly doubt you have to play or download the game.
^This^ exactly. :)
what I get when going to the store page:
http://i.imgbox.com/ach8i2V7.png
Mass ninja event for whomever it may concern:
http://www.dreamtheater.net/news/happy-holidays-dream-theater-88331
spoderman: It's just worded weirdly. If it's in your licenses/subs, it's not gonna get removed. I can test this by reporting what happens to it on my alt account later. I highly doubt you have to play or download the game.
stg83: ^This^ exactly. :)
I wish this is true. Frankly, it is what I expect. But me and my buddy are going to go at it and I need to make sure it doesn't disappear. Erring to the side of caution.
stg83: ^This^ exactly. :)
niniendowarrior: I wish this is true. Frankly, it is what I expect. But me and my buddy are going to go at it and I need to make sure it doesn't disappear. Erring to the side of caution.
I understand, better safe then sorry is always a good strategy. :)
good afternoon everybody
Schnuff: good afternoon everybody
Hello Schnuff :)
Hello ninjas!