It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: 1) Be polite, friendly, and helpful at all times.
2) To avoid criticizm, judgment, insults and blame (towards anyone or anything).
3) To be grateful to others for what they provide (assistance, free games, etc.) but to not expect anything of anyone or feel entitled to anything.
4) To observe and respect the traditions and customs of the forums in general, and individual threads and their conventions, and try to adapt to what others expect.
5) To not be concerned about the rep score as it is almost meaningless except for some giveaways and it will grow naturally over time by simply posting regularly and maintaining an overly positive demeanour along with the tips I've suggested above.
Sums things up fairly well.
Hello ninjas!

Nothing to drop at this point in time, but don't you hate it when you work an evening shift and you get home, feeling tired, lay down to go to bed, and you're all wound up from work and it takes 3 hours to pass out? I hate it.

~Leucius
Leucius: Nothing to drop at this point in time, but don't you hate it when you work an evening shift and you get home, feeling tired, lay down to go to bed, and you're all wound up from work and it takes 3 hours to pass out? I hate it.
The perversity of neurochemistry, with the brain so often working against its own best interests.

Maybe there's something in the air right now, so to speak. I had a night terror last night, which I haven't had in a while. Very disconcerting.
Post edited December 11, 2013 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Maybe there's something in the air right now, so to speak. I had a night terror last night, which I haven't had in a while. Very disconcerting.
But you do love horror games, right? So that must have been be a nice experience for you... :P
Thespian*: But you do love horror games, right? So that must have been be a nice experience for you... :P
I do, horror games and movies and books. This was... something other. If you've never had a night terror it's hard to convey the experience. But since I have an anxiety-based disorder, the effect is quite profound. It's hard to shake off even once one is fully awake and alert. And the imagery is unlike conventional horror, it taps into personal places in deeply unsettling ways.
IAmSinistar: I do, horror games and movies and books. This was... something other. If you've never had a night terror it's hard to convey the experience. But since I have an anxiety-based disorder, the effect is quite profound. It's hard to shake off even once one is fully awake and alert. And the imagery is unlike conventional horror, it taps into personal places in deeply unsettling ways.
I do know, I've got a recurrent nightmare since childhood and doesn't matter how many times I experience it, it's always disturbing...
IAmSinistar: Maybe there's something in the air right now, so to speak.
Venusian nanobots!
IAmSinistar: I do, horror games and movies and books. This was... something other. If you've never had a night terror it's hard to convey the experience. But since I have an anxiety-based disorder, the effect is quite profound. It's hard to shake off even once one is fully awake and alert. And the imagery is unlike conventional horror, it taps into personal places in deeply unsettling ways.
Thespian*: I do know, I've got a recurrent nightmare since childhood and doesn't matter how many times I experience it, it's always disturbing...
I had a recurring nightmare as a child, haven't had it in many many years thankfully, which was utterly terrifying for no apparent reason at all (it did involve the house being broken into but that, in and of itself, wasn't the scary part). Man did I hate that dream.

I've almost entirely stopped remembering my dreams at this point.
Post edited December 11, 2013 by deryni
The other night I had a dream I was eating a hot fudge sundae. When I woke up I had a spoon sticking out of my ass.
Post edited December 11, 2013 by tinyE
Thespian*: I do know, I've got a recurrent nightmare since childhood and doesn't matter how many times I experience it, it's always disturbing...
deryni: I had a recurring nightmare as a child, haven't had it in many many years thankfully, which was utterly terrifying for no apparent reason at all (it did involve the house being broken into but that, in and of itself, wasn't the scary part). Man did I hate that dream.
Recurrent nightmares are often incubated by an actual traumatic event (physically, mental, and/or emotional). The mind wraps it in subconscious symbolism to allow it to be re-experienced and processed somewhat distantly. The actual mechanism has much in common with PTSD. Ceasing to have the dream can mean one has worked through the underlying trauma, sometimes without ever being consciously aware you have done so.
Sorry all the people for thats nightmares, im bored sometimes, u know...

cya all im back tonight :)
tinyE: The other night I had a dream I was eating a hot fudge sundae. When I woke up I had a spoon sticking out of my ass.
That reminds me of the "call girl & pineapple sundae" joke, which is not suitable for mixed company.
deryni: I've almost entirely stopped remembering my dreams at this point.
About two nights per week, for me. To remember a dream you must wake up while you're still experiencing REM (Rapid Eye Movement, usually associated with dreaming). If you wake up during another phase of your sleep, you won't remember any of them.

IAmSinistar: Recurrent nightmares are often incubated by an actual traumatic event (physically, mental, and/or emotional). The mind wraps it in subconscious symbolism to allow it to be re-experienced and processed somewhat distantly. The actual mechanism has much in common with PTSD. Ceasing to have the dream can mean one has worked through the underlying trauma, sometimes without ever being consciously aware you have done so.
Interesting. I've PTSD, indeed. ;)
Post edited December 11, 2013 by Thespian*
Evening everyone,anyone here plays Simpsons Tapped out?
deryni: I had a recurring nightmare as a child, haven't had it in many many years thankfully, which was utterly terrifying for no apparent reason at all (it did involve the house being broken into but that, in and of itself, wasn't the scary part). Man did I hate that dream.
IAmSinistar: Recurrent nightmares are often incubated by an actual traumatic event (physically, mental, and/or emotional). The mind wraps it in subconscious symbolism to allow it to be re-experienced and processed somewhat distantly. The actual mechanism has much in common with PTSD. Ceasing to have the dream can mean one has worked through the underlying trauma, sometimes without ever being consciously aware you have done so.
I have nightmares about being late for work, and the other common one is being back in school and being older while everyone else thinks I'm their age.