It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: So, um, I was thinking before, if DRM-free becomes the norm everywhere, what will GOG's point of difference be?
Their excellent support and well-written installers? I'm a bit spoiled by those when I contrast them to the plain ZIPs I sometimes get from other DRM-free vendors.

But really, worrying about this is like worrying what all the soldiers are going to do when we stop fighting wars.

Austrobogulator: Hm, I was fairly certain that ss was commonly used in favour of ß now.
Only in Anglicisation, I believe, where you get things like strasse for street. Similar to how sometimes the double-dotted-i gets left out of naive, or the c-cedilla in facade. The words are still more properly written straße, naïve, and façade, they just get converted by English typists who don't have familiarity with generating the extended characters.
Post edited December 09, 2013 by IAmSinistar
Austrobogulator: Hm, I was fairly certain that ss was commonly used in favour of ß now.
IAmSinistar: Only in Anglicisation, I believe, where you get things like strasse for street. Similar to how sometimes the double-dotted-i gets left out of naive, or the c-cedilla in facade. The words are still more properly written straße, naïve, and façade, they just get converted by English typists who don't have familiarity with generating the extended characters.
Is it similar to the way you Americans can't seem to generate an extra "u" in words like "colour"? :-D

Seriously, though, "facade" and "naive" aren't really unfamiliarity with extended characters, so much as modern English spelling, and we don't have the cedilla or "ß" in use anyway -- not that the second character really matters, since straße is not used in English anyway!

You don't see many older characters anymore either -- such as the "thorn", eg. "Ye" is actually pronounced "The", or many of the older spellings with the "ae" or "oe" running together, such as "mediaeval" (although I prefer the older spelling, and, unfortunately, my tablet can't type the characters!)
Post edited December 09, 2013 by blakstar
Sausageageddon!
Sachys: Sausageageddon!
Huh?
ßaußageageddon? :-P
You brat! That has to be the wurst thing I've seen out of your mouth yet!
ggf162: You brat! That has to be the wurst thing I've seen out of your mouth yet!
you love it in yer piehole!
high rated
anyone want Ring Runners - Flight of the Sages for desura?
Giltonnam: anyone want Ring Runners - Flight of the Sages for desura?
Nope.

But good on you for giving it away.

;)
Giltonnam: anyone want Ring Runners - Flight of the Sages for desura?
misteryo: Nope.

;)
i would like to have please
misteryo: Nope.

;)
xckx: i would like to have please
PMd :)
xckx: i would like to have please
Giltonnam: PMd :)
Thx Alot :)
Who wants a Shiny Loot key for Gravi?
ggf162: Who wants a Shiny Loot key for Gravi?
I'l l take it if it hasn't been PM ninja'd by now.
ggf162: Who wants a Shiny Loot key for Gravi?
deryni: I'l l take it if it hasn't been PM ninja'd by now.
PM sent