It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spinorial:
and sausages in the right mash pile with loadsa gravy!
*looks at blakstar
Sachys: and sausages in the right mash pile with loadsa gravy!
*looks at blakstar
The gnu approves!
Sachys: and sausages in the right mash pile with loadsa gravy!
*looks at blakstar
Spinorial: The gnu approves!
The vulcan buggered and murdered the gnu, put it in the boot of a car and dropped it off a cliff into the ocean months ago... :(
Post edited November 12, 2013 by Sachys
Mmmm, I just took some chorizo out of the freezer to cook up tomorrow and make soup.
skeletonbow: Mmmm, I just took some chorizo out of the freezer to cook up tomorrow and make soup.
*watches sachys urinate in the pot for tomorrow's soup*

.... Oh, I see you're having pee soup.
Leucius: Oh these sorts of rants happen, it's just they're happening more frequently this year.
dragonsreach: Well, you might notice my rep/registered date don't match too well. That's because until recently I never participated in any of the forums. My previous experiences with forums, like yahoo and others, led me to seriously dislike most forum posting. Then one day I decided to check out the forums here on GOG and what do you know, lots of people with similar interests, friendly, helpful and I couldn't find a lot of ranting going on. So the last month has been a joy, as well as a strain on my free time (read ME TIME) and it has been worth it. Now I check on numerous threads tonight, even though I don't feel like it really, and my brain is being bashed by all the ranting going on, not just on this thread. It's like a bad dream come true. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go away till I feel better. I hope everyone gets all their bugs worked out of their arses! :)
Yeah, I hear you...getting pretty tired of asking down-reppers to stop with the negitivity in the non-gog ask thread. It just is such a drag seeing peeps geting neg-repped for asking in a thread specifically designed for people TO ASK. I mean wtf is up with that - I mean just ignore it if it bothers you but why down-rep? I don't get it...I really don't :-(
skeletonbow: Mmmm, I just took some chorizo out of the freezer to cook up tomorrow and make soup.
Braussie: *watches sachys urinate in the pot for tomorrow's soup*

I was going to say skeletonbow should make sure Sachys didn't swap the chorizo for caca.
Momo1991: Yeah, I hear you...getting pretty tired of asking down-reppers to stop with the negitivity in the non-gog ask thread. It just is such a drag seeing peeps geting neg-repped for asking in a thread specifically designed for people TO ASK. I mean wtf is up with that - I mean just ignore it if it bothers you but why down-rep? I don't get it...I really don't :-(
We've established that that's probably a script, designed precisely to piss off decent folks like you. There's no rhyme or reason to the down-repping so it's best not to pay it any mind, just up-rep what needs up-repping.

mondo84: I was going to say skeletonbow should make sure Sachys didn't swap the chorizo for caca.
... Maybe the soup will have sachys's ... Dumplings....
dragonsreach: Well, you might notice my rep/registered date don't match too well. That's because until recently I never participated in any of the forums. My previous experiences with forums, like yahoo and others, led me to seriously dislike most forum posting. Then one day I decided to check out the forums here on GOG and what do you know, lots of people with similar interests, friendly, helpful and I couldn't find a lot of ranting going on. So the last month has been a joy, as well as a strain on my free time (read ME TIME) and it has been worth it. Now I check on numerous threads tonight, even though I don't feel like it really, and my brain is being bashed by all the ranting going on, not just on this thread. It's like a bad dream come true. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go away till I feel better. I hope everyone gets all their bugs worked out of their arses! :)
Momo1991: Yeah, I hear you...getting pretty tired of asking down-reppers to stop with the negitivity in the non-gog ask thread. It just is such a drag seeing peeps geting neg-repped for asking in a thread specifically designed for people TO ASK. I mean wtf is up with that - I mean just ignore it if it bothers you but why down-rep? I don't get it...I really don't :-(
I can understand the reasoning behind the neg-repping, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Generally, and I'm trying to help those who are new here, the rules to follow for the gifting threads seem to be:

1. Don't ask for too much at once
2. Don't repeat your requests too often
3. Try to limit any requests to items that are on sale/not newly released
4. Don't forget to thank anyone that grants your request
5. Overall be polite and considerate

I'm not saying that I'm an expert on these matters, but from repeated observation the above rules seem to be the ones to follow.

Granted, they don't always work, as some forum veterans probably know, but hopefully should help!

(And for everyone else, sorry for the newbie instruction manual :-))

EDIT: Sorry, dragonsreach, I wasn't classing you as a newbie, but with the sudden seeming influx, and the talk of neg-repping, this seemed the best place to reply/put my post!
Post edited November 13, 2013 by blakstar
Spinorial: We've established that that's probably a script, designed precisely to piss off decent folks like you. There's no rhyme or reason to the down-repping so it's best not to pay it any mind, just up-rep what needs up-repping.
It doesn't piss me off - it saddens me. There is a difference. And if it's a script then why do some posters get down-repped and others don't? But yeah, you're right though cleaning up after asses does actually piss me off. Hey, I clean the bathrooms in my house - isn't that enough for a momo?

mondo84: I was going to say skeletonbow should make sure Sachys didn't swap the chorizo for caca.
*points at poo tassles, points at stage.
Soap-box mode finished -- I'll get back to sausages soon enough! :-)
Momo1991:
my best guess is (as regards to the regulars being derepped on said thread) its the same person or people that grab every naked code going (through bots or gluttony), anything else going and uprep drops of dozens of exploited keys every time they are posted. my wisdom and my gut feeling says its not a lurker either - it does inf act suggest an idiot with multiple accounts. thats all i have to say on that. would you like a chocolate?

There are exceptions of course such as a new user with a big ask, then at least i can see another angle on the derep initiative whther i think its right or not (i'd rather the derepper explain why it might be bad form in such a case), but as to regulars... my above words stand!
blakstar:
narp!
Post edited November 13, 2013 by Sachys
Momo1991:
Sachys: my best guess is (as regards to the regulars being derepped on said thread) its the same person or people that grab every naked code going (through bots or gluttony), anything else going and uprep drops of dozens of exploited keys every time they are posted. my wisdom and my gut feeling says its not a lurker either - it does inf act suggest an idiot with multiple accounts. thats all i have to say on that. would you like a chocolate?

There are exceptions of course such as a new user with a big ask, then at least i can see another angle on the derep initiative whther i think its right or not (i'd rather the derepper explain why it might be bad form in such a case), but as to regulars... my above words stand!
blakstar:
Sachys: narp!
Ohhhh, chocolate??? ~forgets everything else and sits up and drools~ ;-p
blakstar: I can understand the reasoning behind the neg-repping, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Generally, and I'm trying to help those who are new here, the rules to follow for the gifting threads seem to be:

1. Don't ask for too much at once
2. Don't repeat your requests too often
3. Try to limit any requests to items that are on sale/not newly released
4. Don't forget to thank anyone that grants your request
5. Overall be polite and considerate

I'm not saying that I'm an expert on these matters, but from repeated observation the above rules seem to be the ones to follow.

Granted, they don't always work, as some forum veterans probably know, but hopefully should help!

(And for everyone else, sorry for the newbie instruction manual :-))

EDIT: Sorry, dragonsreach, I wasn't classing you as a newbie, but with the sudden seeming influx, and the talk of neg-repping, this seemed the best place to reply/put my post!
Agreed that ALL of your points are common sense but not everyone has had a mother instill (read bash) that into their behavior (read head). BUT despite bad manners and overly reaching requests, no one should be neg-repped. It doesn't take too long for these peeps to get that those asks do not get fulfilled. So they either go away or they get a clue and read what requests DO get fulifilled and adjust their requests.... THE THREAD is self-regulating and THE GIFTERS make it so, Sulu ;-p
Post edited November 13, 2013 by Momo1991