It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: It's not just that - people appearing from the aether, grabbing a game and vanishing without a further word at all is also bad form. Of course, they may have all talked with the gifters via PM, but I doubt it somehow.
Indeed, I always try to thank people both publicly and privately. One can never be too thankful.

I think there are situations where one might forget or might not get around to it right away though too, such as winning a game and you just headed out for a 2 week vacation, or some other situation like that although those would be relatively rare exceptions than the norm I imagine.

I always try to make a point to thank people and if it ever appears that I've forgotten to anywhere for any reason, someone prod me and say "hey, did you get hit by a truck or something?" :) IMHO it would be embarrassing to not thank someone for their generosity.

QuantumLeapFrog: Sword of the Stars (Steam), to the first to respond with the name of a star.
Solaris
Post edited November 12, 2013 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow:
Yes, but I really meant more about general chatter - ie joining in. My major bugbear with the "grabbers is the distinct lack of that. They're just here for the games and don't actually want to get to know any of us / have a laugh or do anything but grab more games... and they never stop!
QuantumLeapFrog: Sword of the Stars (Steam), to the first to respond with the name of a star.
Andromeda ?
Dorothy Stratten
tinyE: Dorothy Stratten
I alsways knew you were a friend of dorothy!
tinyE: Dorothy Stratten
Sachys: I alsways knew you were a friend of dorothy!
Never met her. I was four when she died. :-(
Sachys: I alsways knew you were a friend of dorothy!
tinyE: Never met her. I was four when she died. :-(
...and yet a brain is still on your wishlist! O_o7
Sachys: Yes, but I really meant more about general chatter - ie joining in. My major bugbear with the "grabbers is the distinct lack of that. They're just here for the games and don't actually want to get to know any of us / have a laugh or do anything but grab more games... and they never stop!
Yeah, it's a bit antisocial I guess. There's a lot of good folk here and good humour, personality/character in the community that is worth spending some time with. It's more than just getting a free game here and there IMHO. The odd game freebie is just a nice bonus on top of the great community and treasure trove of game related information, kickstarter info, game deal info, and all sorts of other random chatter. I guess every community always ends up with their antisocial members though.
skeletonbow:
I don't even consider those that just grab and leave members - just scammy scummers until they do otherwise!
Same for the people that do chatter but only do it in giveaway threads.
Hopefully more of the latter ones will change though!
Sachys:
skeletonbow: There's a lot of good folk here and good humour, personality/character
...and then there is Sachys and myself. :D
Great game, hope a nice strategically-minded chap nabs it :-)

Though it's saddening how people don't know their stellar fundamentals :(
skeletonbow: There's a lot of good folk here and good humour, personality/character
tinyE: ...and then there is Sachys and myself. :D
No, just you. I don't exist!
tinyE: ...and then there is Sachys and myself. :D
LOL
Sol :D

Edit: Alpha Centauri if you don't wanna count the sun.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by OnyxOutrage
Cygnus X-1?