It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What I like about the first reply system is, that ninjas have to step out of the shadow to strike. It's more personal and also more entertaining for everybody else.
DeMignon: What I like about the first reply system is, that ninjas have to step out of the shadow to strike. It's more personal and also more entertaining for everybody else.
yeah , that's why since some time i don't drop codes :D . Otherwise you feed them :/
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DyNaer
teshra:
Sachys: Teshra, whilst I do not dispute some of your observations, you post is a little "ranty" for someone who rarely is seen to post in these forums, and who (even rarer still) has anything but a "rant" to post.
You are free to disagree of course, but I don't think you're helping in any way right now.
Its your prerogative to see things however you want to, just like its mine to see things how I see them. Just because I don't post in this thread at all hours of the day shouldn't preclude me from voicing an opinion on what I observe going on or be accused of a ranter. It may make me one of those "undeservers" you guys frequently speak of but every time that word comes up, it always sounds like people would prefer it become a private community to keep all the newcomers out. All the while forgetting they too were new once.

This thread used to be a lot more friendly and fun and yah, I used to post in it. Not that I need to explain myself and my posting habits, but I don't have the time nor inclination to post in here all the time like a lot of other people do. If that makes me an undeserver and public enemy here, so be it. And even if I don't post in this thread, I post in plenty of other threads from time to time but since they may not be of the gifting variety, you may not have seen them. That doesn't make me ranty as you eloquently put it. I come in here 2, maybe 3 times, a day and hope to get lucky with a code for a game I'd be interested in instead of going for every single game that is offered up here and on steamgifts. But I don't complain (rant) about it or try to say "ooh, too slow" or "is that game really any good" with the hopes someone else sees that and decides to reward me. Tried and true method of getting codes as you have probably observed and opinionated on.

But over the last 8 months or so, while we've had great newcomers like Tarnicus, Schnuff, IAmSinister, blakstar etc., I've also noticed the greed from so many others that come thru this thread and make it their new home as well as those who were already here when I was new. It explains partially why so many people on the other side of the world are awake until dawn regularly and posting in this thread instead of sleeping as most free games are often offered up during the US evening/night. I rarely see any of the conversation as its happening anyways but tonight I did and so, I commented. But I don't chide those who spend days and pages exposing the virtues of sausage and poo on a regular basis. To each their own and if they get joy out of it, great. But honestly, w/o the giveaways, people wouldn't be trying to be friends with others here trying to network it into free gaming connections. And the non-sensical chatter would quickly go the way of the dodo. If you guys are happy here, I have no problem with that. But please, lets call a spade a spade when its so obvious what it is. I'll still make my usual 2-3 passes in here a day, see whats going on and move on. Hope you can be ok with that?
teshra:
As i said before, I dont dispute some of your points, but yet again you rant. I'll leave it at that though eh!
Okay.... We go through this 3-4 times a year it seems. I myself have been guilty of feeling mad at people claiming codes and not saying thanks; in the past I even went on strike and gave my extra games to my actual friends instead of you people here on GOG.

In the end, resentment is just that; resentment. What it boils down to is feeling like people are scamming the system, and unfortunately due to the worldwide economic depression we're in, this is often times a reflection of people's personal feelings outside of the game world.

No one owes anyone anything in the Ninja thread, not even a reply. The whole point of it was to cut down on the insane number of giveaway threads by providing one hot spot where if you got lucky, you got a code.

There were no rules in place in the beginning, because we didn't have people being perceived as claiming 3-4 or more codes in a row. It was an exercise in organized chaos, and in the beginning it worked. But as all organized chaos does, it became unorganized, due to the very nature of chaos.

Whether or not we "need" to adapt to a system for current users is out of the question, because too many people use the Ninja thread now. There's no way to enforce the rules, unless you want to e-thug. And as everyone knows, e-thugging is for losers.

Please everyone, take a step back and remember what brought you to GOG in the first place. If it was for free games, you probably came for the wrong reason. There's so much more to GOG than the Ninja thread and giveaways.

I explained earlier today why I don't advertise my music on here. You know what? That's me taking personal action for what I perceived as an anticlimactic response to my musical endeavors over the past two years, and I'm taking that personal action, not blaming anyone, just observing and modifying my own behavior, because I can only control ME.

Take another step back and stop caring about what other people do on an internet forum, please, for the sake of your collective sanity. This is the internet, not a group of friends hanging out at the bar. The people with bad manners can't get you into a fight with the bouncer unless you choose to get involved in their drama.

Stop fighting; GOG is a better community than that.
Leucius: No one owes anyone anything in the Ninja thread, not even a reply. The whole point of it was to cut down on the insane number of giveaway threads by providing one hot spot where if you got lucky, you got a code.

There were no rules in place in the beginning, because we didn't have people being perceived as claiming 3-4 or more codes in a row. It was an exercise in organized chaos, and in the beginning it worked. But as all organized chaos does, it became unorganized, due to the very nature of chaos.
Sorry mate, but you are not entirely accurate on that: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post1
It was always a mixed bag of fruit!

Your broader message I can basically agree with, though its no less a solution to anything than anything posted already, but I do appreciate! :)
Elvin37: Because undeserving people tend to get the code, some people just sit here and take codes left and right without even ever thinking about playing the game so the game goes to waste
fluent2332: Who are you to say they are undeserving? So people like to sit here and take codes, that's the whole point of the thread. Now, if they don't play the game, that's a waste, but you can't police everyone who gets the codes. I'm sure the majority of the people who redeem the codes at least play the games a bit. Otherwise, what's the point?
I can't be agree with that .

If someone drop a code ; it seems normal , the taker says thanks and he used the code .

If someone grab a code and says nothing , he can do this with every code droped.

It has nothing to do with newcomers / who deserve it or not. It's about having manners.

Now some of us are forced to use retaliations : for example : "the first person reply get the code" instead droping codes in plain sight . I agree some don't care at all, but that just feed the greed of some users who remain silent and hunt for codes droped.... :(
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DyNaer
Sachys: Sorry mate, but you are not entirely accurate on that: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post1
It was always a mixed bag of fruit!

Your broader message I can basically agree with, though its no less a solution to anything than anything posted already, but I do appreciate! :)
Sorry, getting late here and I just got home from work. Maybe I'm working on wanted memories instead of actual memories.

Anyway, let's be nice to each other, everyone, please? GOG is built on having a classy community. Live up to that expectation. I know it's hard, I've slipped myself over the years, but it's doable.
Sachys: rant
You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
Leucius:
s'alreet lad!
DyNaer:
Exactly!
Post edited November 05, 2013 by Sachys
high rated
Super Borthers: Sword and Sorcery Steam Key

TIXCX-B0PLG-J5CXH
Basically, Be Excellent to each other,

AND PARTY ON DUDES! :-D

(Sorry)
blakstar: Basically, Be Excellent to each other,