It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Laziter: Sorry to say this; But I really hope this thread dies out.
As of late, I've been keeping a track of those who claimed codes from here.
Many are there same, just lurking in the shadows pressing F5 to find the next code.
In the spirit of all kindness, that's not the way to pull it.. It ruins the entire idea of the Ninja.
I've been having some PM exchanges with other users, and we've come the conclusion that the basic idea of this thread is dead.
No codes can be left naked as there will always be a F5'er out there.
Make a GA thread instead, seems like the best way to be a nice guy.
I wouldn't go so far as to say this thread should die out but you are 100% absolutely correct in saying its the same people day in and day out who grab keys in here. Then those same people go to other threads to grab keys. Then those same people go into giveaway threads and enter for each other to win more keys. And some of those same people go into other threads and drop hints for keys w/o outwardly begging for them so people who know them from this thread will offer up those keys to them when they read those hints.
It works so you don't blame any of these people for using all these tricks to keep getting more and more games. But it really makes you wonder, when do they ever play these freaking games if all they are always doing is looking around the corner for the next game? Some regularly nab 5+ keys a week, upto 20-25 every month.
For all the comments about how awesome this community is, I'm more and more inclined to believe its for the giveaways for the most part and take those away and these forums will become like the Steam forums.

Elvin37: Because undeserving people tend to get the code, some people just sit here and take codes left and right without even ever thinking about playing the game so the game goes to waste
Who's to say who is undeserving or not? That person with 500 rep is doing the same thing as that person with 20 rep or -5 rep...they've just been doing it for longer and have smarter tricks up their sleeve so as not to seem "greedy".

My personal opinion is anyone who lives and dies in this thread for the majority of their day are leechers and feeding off the generosity of others solely to add to their gaming collection whether they know about the game being offered or not. They see free and they want free.

niniendowarrior: We advise people to do it one a first reply. That's still being a good fast ninja and still showing yourself instead of being an F5 lurker.
First reply is really no different than ninja grabbing a dropped code. Instead of nabbing a dropped key quickly, all the first reply does is be quickest at saying "may I?" Do you really think every single person who says "me?" really knows what that game is about for all the time the first reply happens 1 second after the gift post? If you look at the evidence over the last 6-8 monhts, people saying ""may I" are fans of every single genre out there from grand strategy to platformers to shooters to adventure to everything else. Call me naïve but in my gaming history, I've never met a single person who is a fan of every single genre out there. And especially not to the ratios who see in these free games threads.
gbaz69: Wow. I haven't noticed same person getting all the codes, myself got 3-4 of them, but I also gave out at least 3-4.

That is what ninja thread is, its not a club for people to give codes to a select group back and forth.

I say I like the spirit of this thread, and thank all the givers, and congragulate the fast redeemers.
Sachys: I appreciate you gave as you got, but you have hardly spent enough time here to really understand how this thread works.
I could reference several posts from wpegg (who started it) as example...

but without seeing anything else, your posts suggests you took 3-4 games in succession - could you clarify a little please?
3-4 codes over the course of October. (I only just started posting/lurking in the forums October... now into November.
I did grab up some from mr.goo during halloween event if I recall correctly. Been such a huge flood of incoming games from my purchasing, sort of got lost in the jumble.
DeMignon: Furthermore the Ninja thread is always a good dump for games you don't want to make a giveaway for.

Obliterate Everything 2 Gold (Desura) for the first to reply ;-)
I can take it but...
I wont lie: it's looks rather strange to me but may as well try it for a little longer, then when I get how it works I replay in more serious way. ;-)
gbaz69: 3-4 codes over the course of October. (I only just started posting/lurking in the forums October... now into November.
I did grab up some from mr.goo during halloween event if I recall correctly. Been such a huge flood of incoming games from my purchasing, sort of got lost in the jumble.
That makes more sense. Thanks!
DeMignon: Furthermore the Ninja thread is always a good dump for games you don't want to make a giveaway for.

Obliterate Everything 2 Gold (Desura) for the first to reply ;-)
HenitoKisou: I can take it but...
I wont lie: it's looks rather strange to me but may as well try it for a little longer, then when I get how it works I replay in more serious way. ;-)
Sure, give it a try. PM is on its way.
nadenitza: or using some scrips
Well, theres at least one user doing that - and with multiple accounts at least.
Elvin37: Its not that its when the same person just persistently grabs codes not giving anyone else a chance sure one code once in a while is fine but when you go out of your way and literally grab everything then its just greed
nadenitza: Well that's hard to happen - one person taking all the loot here. He may try but the traffic this thread gets will mess his plans. You either need to be 24/7 f5-ing or using some scrips to put the matrix to shame, or both :P
I saw it happen plenty of times lets not forget Xenatar he did it quite a few times grabbing all the codes that get dropped before anyone else gets a chance to
high rated
Also, lets not kid ourselves, the majority of the code given out (since the time I started posting in forums, October) where games people got from bundles/promos/free/etc.

I'll drop a new gog The Witcher EE key:
PVMM-ME5C-V5FW-HLRK

my previous one still not redeemed:
HHL8-LYK9-AGF2-TWKA
teshra:
Teshra, whilst I do not dispute some of your observations, you post is a little "ranty" for someone who rarely is seen to post in these forums, and who (even rarer still) has anything but a "rant" to post.
You are free to disagree of course, but I don't think you're helping in any way right now.
gbaz69: Also, lets not kid ourselves, the majority of the code given out (since the time I started posting in forums, October) where games people got from bundles/promos/free/etc.

PVMM-ME5C-V5FW-HLRK

HHL8-LYK9-AGF2-TWKA
grabbed the new one, tyvm
gbaz69: Also, lets not kid ourselves, the majority of the code given out (since the time I started posting in forums, October) where games people got from bundles/promos/free/etc.

PVMM-ME5C-V5FW-HLRK

HHL8-LYK9-AGF2-TWKA
got it thanks :D
+1
high rated
First to reply get a gift url for Batman AA
DyNaer: First to reply get a gift url for Batman AA
me
For those who say that the first reply system is still down to the quickest ninja, at least it gives the person giving away the code a chance to say "No, you've had too many."

Just seems like common sense, unless you're just dropping codes (like I still sometimes do) and you don't mind who grabs it, whether they say thanks or not.

EDIT: I know I'm late to the party, but I just thought I'd have my little say :-)
Post edited November 05, 2013 by blakstar
DyNaer: First to reply get a gift url for Batman AA
Thank you so much!

+1 rep
Post edited November 06, 2013 by briareoushex