It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elvin37: Because undeserving people tend to get the code, some people just sit here and take codes left and right without even ever thinking about playing the game so the game goes to waste
fluent2332: Who are you to say they are undeserving? So people like to sit here and take codes, that's the whole point of the thread. Now, if they don't play the game, that's a waste, but you can't police everyone who gets the codes. I'm sure the majority of the people who redeem the codes at least play the games a bit. Otherwise, what's the point?
I will just say this Greed and owning things for the sake of just owning them or even just taking it so others cant
niniendowarrior: People do leave codes naked, and lurkers grab them. That's just the nature of it all since the beginning. At least that's how I see it. We advise people to do it one a first reply. That's still being a good fast ninja and still showing yourself instead of being an F5 lurker.
Laziter: That's true, but lately alot of new users just pop up out of nowhere claiming a code.
Just go back in this thread to find rather new users claiming one code after another.
That's no ninja tactic, that's leeching off from other other peoples kindness.
It is the very nature of the thread though. You are giving games freely with no strings attached. Any thread involving that would go that very route. You give games knowing that there's the risk someone takes it and not say thanks.
fluent2332: Why do you care so much who redeems the codes? So what if people are out there F5'ing to death, it's all in good fun. Let them have their fun.
I think when you start dropping codes (or have been here long enough to remember when this thread was different you may have a different opinion.

on another note, any joy chasing down a review copy of Avadon 2?
fluent2332: Why do you care so much who redeems the codes? So what if people are out there F5'ing to death, it's all in good fun. Let them have their fun.
Yeah you're right, I could stop caring about it.
I just hate to see it when codes I post are claimed by the same person, and even other peoples codes are claimed by the very same.
But ok, I guess that's what it's all about, people claiming the codes posted.
Laziter: Sorry to say this; But I really hope this thread dies out.
As of late, I've been keeping a track of those who claimed codes from here.
Many are there same, just lurking in the shadows pressing F5 to find the next code.
In the spirit of all kindness, that's not the way to pull it.. It ruins the entire idea of the Ninja.
I've been having some PM exchanges with other users, and we've come the conclusion that the basic idea of this thread is dead.
No codes can be left naked as there will always be a F5'er out there.
Make a GA thread instead, seems like the best way to be a nice guy.
Wow. I haven't noticed same person getting all the codes, myself got 3-4 of them, but I also gave out at least 3-4.

That is what ninja thread is, its not a club for people to give codes to a select group back and forth.

I say I like the spirit of this thread, and thank all the givers, and congragulate the fast redeemers.
niniendowarrior:
Exactly why the first reply system needs to be basically adopted - though i do wonder if a naked code drop after the reciever has said "redeemed" wouldnt be a good idea too...
Laziter: Sorry to say this; But I really hope this thread dies out.
As of late, I've been keeping a track of those who claimed codes from here.
Many are there same, just lurking in the shadows pressing F5 to find the next code.
In the spirit of all kindness, that's not the way to pull it.. It ruins the entire idea of the Ninja.
I've been having some PM exchanges with other users, and we've come the conclusion that the basic idea of this thread is dead.
No codes can be left naked as there will always be a F5'er out there.
Make a GA thread instead, seems like the best way to be a nice guy.
gbaz69: Wow. I haven't noticed same person getting all the codes, myself got 3-4 of them, but I also gave out at least 3-4.

That is what ninja thread is, its not a club for people to give codes to a select group back and forth.

I say I like the spirit of this thread, and thank all the givers, and congragulate the fast redeemers.
True.. I'm just not thinking straight.
Sorry about all of this, just felt a bit annoyed when reading back in this thread.
Of course it's about being fast, doesn't matter who or how many times the same user claims codes.
Again, sorry.
high rated
Furthermore the Ninja thread is always a good dump for games you don't want to make a giveaway for.

Obliterate Everything 2 Gold (Desura) for the first to reply ;-)
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DeMignon
niniendowarrior:
Sachys: Exactly why the first reply system needs to be basically adopted - though i do wonder if a naked code drop after the reciever has said "redeemed" wouldnt be a good idea too...
If someone even bothers to reply... ;-)

First reply is how it moves forward but some gifters don't care if they are redeemed by unthankful leechers. So that's just the way it is.
gbaz69: Wow. I haven't noticed same person getting all the codes, myself got 3-4 of them, but I also gave out at least 3-4.

Laziter: True.. I'm just not thinking straight.
Sorry about all of this, just felt a bit annoyed when reading back in this thread.
Of course it's about being fast, doesn't matter who or how many times the same user claims codes.
Again, sorry.
There is nothing to be sorry about it is a known issue and I agree but not much we can really do about it
niniendowarrior: People do leave codes naked, and lurkers grab them. That's just the nature of it all since the beginning. At least that's how I see it. We advise people to do it one a first reply. That's still being a good fast ninja and still showing yourself instead of being an F5 lurker.
Laziter: That's true, but lately alot of new users just pop up out of nowhere claiming a code.
Just go back in this thread to find rather new users claiming one code after another.
What's wrong if a new guy grabs a code? He's automatically a leecher? Nonsense :P

There entire purpose of this thread was to drop codes, it evolved and got some unwritten rules but everyone can still do as they please...
nadenitza: What's wrong if a new guy grabs a code? He's automatically a leecher? Nonsense :P

There entire purpose of this thread was to drop codes, it evolved and got some unwritten rules but everyone can still do as they please...
Its not that its when the same person just persistently grabs codes not giving anyone else a chance sure one code once in a while is fine but when you go out of your way and literally grab everything then its just greed

I appreciate you gave as you got, but you have hardly spent enough time here to really understand how this thread works.
I could reference several posts from wpegg (who started it) as example...

but without seeing anything else, your posts suggests you took 3-4 games in succession - could you clarify a little please?
Sachys: I think when you start dropping codes (or have been here long enough to remember when this thread was different you may have a different opinion.

on another note, any joy chasing down a review copy of Avadon 2?
How was it in the beginning? Slower ninjas taking the codes? More codes being given out?

There are review copies of gog games at gog? I want in :P

Laziter: True.. I'm just not thinking straight.
Again, sorry.
All good and no worries. Stirring the pot can be a little fun to, whether intentional or not.

I'm just surprised there are not more charity gift codes going out.
nadenitza: What's wrong if a new guy grabs a code? He's automatically a leecher? Nonsense :P

Elvin37: Its not that its when the same person just persistently grabs codes not giving anyone else a chance sure one code once in a while is fine but when you go out of your way and literally grab everything then its just greed
Well that's hard to happen - one person taking all the loot here. He may try but the traffic this thread gets will mess his plans. You either need to be 24/7 f5-ing or using some scrips to put the matrix to shame, or both :P
Post edited November 05, 2013 by nadenitza