It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DeMignon: Pretty much this. The sites are public, you can also find them with Google, so it's no exploit. Gamestar just doesn't care as long as it's not widely abused. Probably they don't want to force their readers (it's a gaming magazine) into creating online accounts.
niniendowarrior: But how is this even used? The most I think is to just get the ones I'm genuinely interested in... but, where do these go?
Gamestar often gives full games away with their magazine (on an included DVD). If they need a key (CD-key) for installation you can grab it on those sites (maybe they aren't even single user keys, but change hourly). The only difference are games from ubisoft that require the uPlay client. You can use the key within the client to add the game to your uPlay-account and get the digital download.
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DeMignon
niniendowarrior: But how is this even used? The most I think is to just get the ones I'm genuinely interested in... but, where do these go?
DeMignon: Gamestar often gives full games away with their magazine (on an included DVD). If they need a key (CD-key) for installation you can grab it on those sites. The only difference are games from ubisoft that require the uPlay client. You can use the key within the client to add the game to your uPlay-account and get the digital download.
I see! Otherwise, it's just a regular legitimate (or not) CD key.
niniendowarrior: I see! Otherwise, it's just a regular legitimate (or not) CD key.
Right. They even don't care making pirated copies legal that way.
The keys aren't illegal, because the sold magazines have no personalization. There isn't even a clause that you're only allowed to install it on one of your PCs. No problem to set up multi-player, with the DVD of only one magazine.
Post edited November 05, 2013 by DeMignon
niniendowarrior: I see! Otherwise, it's just a regular legitimate (or not) CD key.
DeMignon: Right. They even don't care making pirated copies legal that way.
I love Germany! LOL
DeMignon: Pretty much this. The sites are public, you can also find them with Google, so it's no exploit. Gamestar just doesn't care as long as it's not widely abused. Probably they don't want to force their readers (it's a gaming magazine) into creating online accounts.
Quite agree - although I was also alluding to the 30,000 or so Blackwell keys of recent news, and various other freebies that some seem to want to hoard away and then profit from (even just personally) later on.
I dont include DOTA 2 in that though! Heheh! - HOW could I?! Heheh!
Gamestar is a German print gaming mag (i have posted some of their keys here too).
Every month you can get 1 - 3 *free* games on their DVD's included in the mags.
Some of those games are DRM free other need an activation key.
Normally its these keys are printed on the backside of the DVD's.
Or there is a key that you can access a side on gamestar.de for generating the
game key.
Now those keys are only valid for a short time.
My guess, someone at gamestar forgot to erase those sites.

if you find spelling mistakes you can keep them
Post edited November 05, 2013 by Schnuff
Sachys: snip
[sarcasm]

Wait... you mean there are DOTA 2 keys floating around?

[/sarcasm]
Braussie:
if it can be scammed out, somebody will do it!

I really mean the other "free keys" of course (for those just joining the convo) where someone bags a whole bunch, then drip feeds them as gifts or (like on steamgifts) public GAs.

(and on a broader note / tangent)
in the UK, taking one key for personal use counts as a fileshare (which is legal), multiple keys count as piracy as you must have profitered either personally or financially to even had the idea to do so. also the law here applies to citizens of the EU, and any country with an extradition agreement - so if for example someone from the EU on here was to be found to be supplying exploited keys to someone from the UK (or perhaps should there be sufficient evidence to suggest that) then the UK CAN bring charges against them (though it would of course be an EU, rather than a UK court that tries them). Apparently that thinking has been quite succesful too.
It does not however cover the lieks of spare humble keys etc as they are a paid for product and the law regards second hand goods / purchased licences in a different manner (ie its yours - give it away if you want!).
So did Uplay react to this or nothing just yet ;d
simon_vd: So did Uplay react to this or nothing just yet ;d
I think theyll be quite happy if they have more people using / acclimatised to uplay to be honest - thats likely one of the reasons for the site / magazine giving out the games - bit like gog with torchlight in the summer or allowing people to redeem witcher from steam to GOG I suppose. Not just a promotion, but a way to get people engaged!
simon_vd: So did Uplay react to this or nothing just yet ;d
Sachys: I think theyll be quite happy if they have more people using / acclimatised to uplay to be honest - thats likely one of the reasons for the site / magazine giving out the games - bit like gog with torchlight in the summer or allowing people to redeem witcher from steam to GOG I suppose. Not just a promotion, but a way to get people engaged!
I hope so. I just started enjoying PoP TFS.
Sachys: I think theyll be quite happy if they have more people using / acclimatised to uplay to be honest - thats likely one of the reasons for the site / magazine giving out the games - bit like gog with torchlight in the summer or allowing people to redeem witcher from steam to GOG I suppose. Not just a promotion, but a way to get people engaged!
simon_vd: I hope so. I just started enjoying PoP TFS.
I doubt they would remove them anyways. Look at the blood dragon keys that were/ have been going about
simon_vd: I hope so. I just started enjoying PoP TFS.
Sachys: I doubt they would remove them anyways. Look at the blood dragon keys that were/ have been going about
Blood dragon? I've missed this one.
Never heard of the game either.

edit: after fast google'ing (in my case bing'ing) I realised that you are talking about Far Cry 3.
Just read about it a little bit earlier ;d
Post edited November 05, 2013 by simon_vd
Night everyone.
lemuria: Cd Action Magazine from Poland has page like this,
http://www.cdaction.pl/seriale/
its only PL users.
(probably those keys doesn't work on uplay or steam. they basic cd key.)
They actualy printing keys on dvd now, as ppl abused site :)
Post edited November 05, 2013 by Trid