It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

QuantumLeapFrog: Fermat
Rats, too late. Thanks anyway Sinistar, +1
triock: Nvm, I though I have a spare copy, but apparently no, sorry. :I
Haha, no problem triock, it's the thought that counts.
IAmSinistar: Oo, splendid choice mate! What a quirky mind he had. Key on the way.
Spinorial: Personally would have gone with Mandelbrot, but the Greek will do ;)
First name that came to mind...

:)
Spinorial: Personally would have gone with Mandelbrot, but the Greek will do ;)
Aye, that (and Julia) would have been the most apt, given the game. :)

triock: Nvm, I though I have a spare copy, but apparently no, sorry. :I
QuantumLeapFrog: Haha, no problem triock, it's the thought that counts.
Agreed, thanks for giving it the attempt.
Thespian*: Hehe, I missed all the fun while PM'ing a recalcitrant forum member. :D

He's refusing to accept a gift from me and I'm thinking about starting a flood campaign against his PM inbox, until he complies. :D

Someone wants to participate? :p
Spinorial: Ready, willing, able!
Great! :)

I'm going to give him the weekend to see the error in his ways, but if that's not enough, I'll contact with you. :D

Sachys: So I missed Lucius due to a visit from a black cat...
And me Postmortem: One Must Die and Undead Legions (for different reasons than yours) :D
Post edited October 25, 2013 by Thespian*
IAmSinistar: One more giveaway, a key for Fractal (Steam) to the first ninja that can name a famous mathematician.
Isaac Newton
IAmSinistar: One more giveaway, a key for Fractal (Steam) to the first ninja that can name a famous mathematician.
Elrinda: Isaac Newton
Touche. Not many people know he invented Calculus.
IShoot4lolz: Touche. Not many people know he invented Calculus.
Fewer still that Leibniz did, too ;)
fluxions:p
Spinorial: Fewer still that Leibniz did, too ;)
Well said. :) Myself, I like the fringe mathematicians whose work produced beautiful results, such as Poincare and Sierpinski, as well as Mandelbrot and Julia. Not that their work doesn't have practical applications, as it certainly does, but rather that I admire the aesthetic output just as much.
IAmSinistar: Agreed, thanks for giving it the attempt.
Well, at least I gave him something as a consolation prize. :)
Spinorial: Fewer still that Leibniz did, too ;)
IAmSinistar: Well said. :) Myself, I like the fringe mathematicians whose work produced beautiful results, such as Poincare and Sierpinski, as well as Mandelbrot and Julia. Not that their work doesn't have practical applications, as it certainly does, but rather that I admire the aesthetic output just as much.
Seems to me, the fringe mathematicians have more practically-applicable results, with the theory being mostly coined by the mainstays. Also, funny to hear Poincare referred to as "fringe" ;)
Post edited October 25, 2013 by Spinorial
Spinorial: Seems to me, the fringe mathematicians have more practically-applicable results, with the theory being mostly coined by the mainstays. Also, funny to hear Poincare referred to as "fringe" ;)
Aye, that's more on me than Henri. :) His work is definitely canon, it's just that some of the fields he touches on (non-Euclidean geometry, manifolds, chaos mathematics) are dear to the fringe. A brilliant pillar of mathematics wherever one regards him from, however.
high rated
First reply - Tiamat X for desura! (the devs send me an extra key :P)
nadenitza: First reply - Tiamat X for desura! (the devs send me an extra key :P)
NR +1.
nadenitza: First reply - Tiamat X for desura! (the devs send me an extra key :P)
NR.but thank u.