It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

akhliber: "As your new forum moderator, I would like to inform you of some changes to the forums. First of all, the rep system now works as follows:
'+' = give rep
'-' = fling poo

Thank you for your time."
'+'
akhliber: '+' = give looroll
'-' = fling poo
akhliber: "As your new forum moderator, I would like to inform you of some changes to the forums. First of all, the rep system now works as follows:
'+' = give rep
'-' = fling poo

Update to the previous message:

As from now on, '+' = fling poo, '-' = fling poo, too.

fling poo, too
Thespian*: As from now on, '+' = fling poo, '-' = fling poo, too.
This service will be backdated to cover all rep gain / loss since your arrival.
So I could type "lol" right now and actually mean it. That's kind of... weird...
akhliber: So I could type "lol" right now and actually mean it. That's kind of... weird...
Good one! +1 Lol
Sachys: This service will be backdated to cover all rep gain / loss since your arrival.
Oh, no!

*runs to take a dozen of sonic showers*

As I said in another thread, hope you'll get better soon, Sachys. ;)

---

Two doubts of mine (for all of you):

I tend to use "mate" to address forum members (rarely "fellow", when I speak of someone in third person). I guess "dude" is a bit derisive, then?

Which word would be the polite equivalence for a woman? The one I know is "lass", but I don't know whether could be interpreted as derisive.
Post edited October 18, 2013 by Thespian*
Thespian*:
Depends - for me I just don't like the term "dude" in reference to me - varying reasons.

Lass is four fifths of class! - That's what we say oop north!

*adjusts flatcap and whippet

Oh, and cheers!
Post edited October 18, 2013 by Sachys
Sachys: snip
Thespian*: As I said in another thread, hope you'll get better soon, Sachys. ;)

Two doubts of mine (for all of you):

I tend to use "mate" to address forum members (rarely "fellow", when I speak of someone in third person). I guess "dude" is a bit derisive, then?

Which word would be the polite equivalence for a woman? The one I know is "lass", but I don't know whether could be interpreted as derisive.
I'd say that "lass" and " dude" are on the same level. It depends on the reciever to decide which one would be more " unpolite". I never used "dude " as derisive. I'd had other expressions, if I would willingly insult someone.

Adressing a woman... for the most part it's "mostly" inappropriate to adress someone who's sexualtiy isn't known. Considering the internet... thinkin mostly that "guys" sitting on the other side of the screen. I willinlgy use "dude" to express my gratitude
Post edited October 18, 2013 by Elrinda
Thespian*:
Sachys: Depends - for me I just don't like the term "dude" in reference to me - varying reasons.

Oh, and cheers!
Glad to see the cold has failed to deprive you of your sense of humor. ;)

Elrinda: Adressing a woman... for the most part it's "mostly" inappropriate to adress someone who's sexualtiy isn't known. Considering the internet... thinkin mostly that "guys" sitting on the other side of the screen. I willinlgy use "dude" to express my gratitude
I mean, when you DO know you're adressing a woman. :D

(I know is hard to tell in these Internet days, but let's assume it, as a hypothetical case) :D
Sachys: Depends - for me I just don't like the term "dude" in reference to me - varying reasons.

Oh, and cheers!
Thespian*: Glad to see the cold has failed to deprive you of your sense of humor. ;)
No, but nearly slipping a disc coughing earlier did turn down the volume of my laughter glands!
Thespian*: Glad to see the cold has failed to deprive you of your sense of humor. ;)
Sachys: No, but nearly slipping a disc coughing earlier did turn down the volume of my laughter glands!
If only other glands or yours could behavior like that... :D

*putting on his bio-hazard suit over his last clean uniform*

Oh, and cheers!

Elrinda: Adressing a woman... for the most part it's "mostly" inappropriate to adress someone who's sexualtiy isn't known. Considering the internet... thinkin mostly that "guys" sitting on the other side of the screen. I willinlgy use "dude" to express my gratitude
Thespian*: I mean, when you DO know you're adressing a woman. :D

(I know is hard to tell in these Internet days, but let's assume it, as a hypothetical case) :D
Hmm, when u know if the the person is a female?

How's it going beauty?

I kinda like to hear that =)
Post edited October 18, 2013 by Elrinda
Sachys: No, but nearly slipping a disc coughing earlier did turn down the volume of my laughter glands!
Thespian*: If only other glands or yours could behavior like that... :D

*putting on his bio-hazard suti over his last clean uniform*
watch out, there 's a hole in the suit , now you're doomed ;)