It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blakstar:
Thats what began my interest in it actually - i'd previously written it off, but a glitch in loading the site meant i watched the trailer without the name showing.
The art is utter shite still (as has been for all SOTS true games) but it did look fun in the same vein of what i seek.
KittyRules: Here's another Men of war red Tide for steam

7MR4F-

KNATW-

27GB3

Note: this is a second key from my previous post
Thanks!
Elvin37: Isn't that pretty much the same as dungeons of dredmor's art style?
Yeah.. looks like.
But I find The Pit prettier, and smoother.. ;p

Sachys: Ah see, I've been looking at that for a while, but whilst the gameplay intrigues me, I'd feel dirtied somehow by it as it has bugger all to do with SOTS in my opinion (like a dodgy straight to DVD movie or something). Have to hold off on it until its in a bundle i buy for other games, rather than an outright purchase I think.
It was on a Royale, probably it will be bundled again..
I bought on Steam a week before that and I don't regret a bit (it was dirt cheap anyway)
Wanted the DLC, which was discounted last week, but I had no money..

just forget it is a Sword of the Stars game, and I guess you'll be fine. And even like it.
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Stooner
blakstar:
Sachys: Thats what began my interest in it actually - i'd previously written it off, but a glitch in loading the site meant i watched the trailer without the name showing.
The art is utter shite still (as has been for all SOTS true games) but it did look fun in the same vein of what i seek.
That's sort of what held me off from buying it, as I didn't want anything else in the bundle.

As for Dungeons of Dredmor, I've got it, but I don't really play it much -- it was thrown in with a Humble Bundle. I have a hard time getting into it, not difficulty-wise, but maybe the same problem you have with it!
Elvin37: Isn't that pretty much the same as dungeons of dredmor's art style?
Very - though the gameplay at least looks vaguely promising, whereas DOD just doesnt look so good as the bad art outwighs it from the videos ive seen (i suppose one intrigues me, the other doesnt, they both look like their faces are a bag of smashed crabs or a bulldog licking piss from a nettle!).
blakstar: As for Dungeons of Dredmor, I've got it, but I don't really play it much -- it was thrown in with a Humble Bundle. I have a hard time getting into it, not difficulty-wise, but maybe the same problem you have with it!
as i replied to elvin - "a bulldog licking piss from a nettle!"
Stooner: just forget it is a Sword of the Stars game, and I guess you'll be fine. And even like it.
thats why i want it bundled - or stupid cheap - as if its crap, then what the hell, but i can also drop those bloddy barriers a little easier i reckon.

Any more suggestions?
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Sachys
Sachys: I have a void left by the completion of FTL and Hotline Miami and need to find a new game to fill as they were my goto games between epic lenghted rpg / rts sessions.

Any ideas? (don't wanna make another of THOSE threads!).

For the record, i hate platformers, schmups and people that dont read this far into a post before replying! OOOK!
Spelunky! I hate platformers too, but goodness! I sometimes just can't resist XD
Sachys: I have a void left by the completion of FTL and Hotline Miami and need to find a new game to fill as they were my goto games between epic lenghted rpg / rts sessions.

For the record, i hate platformers, schmups and people that dont read this far into a post before replying! OOOK!
Spinorial: Spelunky! I hate platformers too, but goodness! I sometimes just can't resist XD
I'm just waiting for a person who hates platformers who has a Spelunky code to give away! :-P
niniendowarrior: I did love the Daily Show segment on gun control and Australia. If anything, it highlights some of the insanity of the American politicians compared to your government. :D
Thanks for mentioning that, I haven't watched the Daily Show in ages and am just about to watch that segment :)

Edit: That was hilarious :)
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Tarnicus

Not sure how cerebral you like your games, but if you like puzzlers, you should try SpaceChem or Cogs.

EDIT: Not saying that you do, but only if! :-)
Post edited October 09, 2013 by blakstar
blakstar:
Cheers, but I've a couple of those kind of games and tend to keep them fro breaks from the gamesI use to take a break from other games - so I'm faily casual with puzzlers in short.
blakstar:
Sachys: Cheers, but I've a couple of those kind of games and tend to keep them fro breaks from the gamesI use to take a break from other games - so I'm faily casual with puzzlers in short.
So, so far we're left with rogue-likes, or top-down Miami Hotline style shmups/beat-em-ups, but nothing that's too like a standard shmup! :-)

You are hard to cater for, you know!
blakstar:
Actually as long as it doesn't look like it was drawn by a five year old, isnt a platformer or standard schmup we're still open to suggestions!
Men of War: Red Tide

84VV6-6A8LN-76Y04
yeah spacechem isn't something you can just play casually

you'd have to probably spend hours thinking about how things work and trying various things, though sometimes the solution comes to you while doing something else lol.

I'd say hexagon but i figure you'd probably shoot that down.
mrcrispy83: [snip]

I'd say hexagon but i figure you'd probably shoot that down.
No, he wouldn't -- doesn't like shmups! :-P (Sorry!)