It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: That works. Me, I like Earth vs The Flying Saucers. Black-and-white stop-motion cheese all the way!

Game on the way, try not to move as the white light envelopes you. Your memory will be wiped when we finish.
Sachys: This Island Earth is better!
I'm on the fence between those two, but I'd probably have to go with a third choice: The Day the Earth Stood Still -- the original one, not the awful, crappy remake!

And yes, I've got them all! I love classic sci-fi :-)
Sachys: This Island Earth is better!
blakstar: I'm on the fence between those two, but I'd probably have to go with a third choice: The Day the Earth Stood Still -- the original one, not the awful, crappy remake!

Same - though its the brainbug (also used in invaders from mars) ad the giant foreheads in TIE that really gets me

Edit: and for those who have no clue and no taste:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-lEGrRNUU
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Sachys
blakstar: I'm on the fence between those two, but I'd probably have to go with a third choice: The Day the Earth Stood Still -- the original one, not the awful, crappy remake!

I was thinking of that movie, too. :)

And don't forget Forbidden Planet. ;)
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Thespian*

Thespian*: I was thinking of that movie, too. :)

Got that one as well! Although, after checking my DVD catalogue, I don't have Invaders from Mars.

I wasn't sure about Forbidden Planet -- you can't really call a flying saucer manned by humans a UFO (since that's what started this little conversation).

Or were you simply referring to the fact that it's classic sci-fi? :-)

EDIT: That's handy, Invaders from Mars is on YouTube!
Post edited October 09, 2013 by blakstar

YES!

I sampled the hell out of that back when I was still chopping and programming beats

blakstar: Got that one as well! Although, after checking my DVD catalogue, I don't have Invaders from Mars.

I wasn't sure about Forbidden Planet -- you can't really call a flying saucer manned by humans a UFO (since that's what started this little conversation).

I meant classic sci-fi, but nonethless a human flying saucer could be an UFO to our alien neighbors, don't think so? ;)
blakstar: Got that one as well! Although, after checking my DVD catalogue, I don't have Invaders from Mars.

Thespian*: I meant classic sci-fi, but nonethless a human flying saucer could be an UFO to our alien neighbors, don't think so? ;)
No, they'd probably be siccing their alien lawyers on us for infringing on their IP! :-D
Thespian*: I meant classic sci-fi, but nonethless a human flying saucer could be an UFO to our alien neighbors, don't think so? ;)
blakstar: No, they'd probably be siccing their alien lawyers on us for infringing on their IP! :-D
They'd freeze up as soon as we threaten them with anal probes, IP or not. :D
IAmSinistar: Who wants an anal probe? UFO Afterlight (Steam) to the ninja that names a movie with UFOs in it.
I remember Ufo Aftermath, i played this game demo when i was in military service. That was nice game.
...And sticking with my sci-fi theme, I thought I'd mix things up a bit, since I can't think of a suitable puzzle at present.

First person to name a sci-fi (not fantasy, so Pirates of the Caribbean or its sequels don't count) movie with "Pirates" in the title gets a Steam code for Pirates of Black Cove Gold.
Post edited October 09, 2013 by blakstar
blakstar: ...And sticking with my sci-fi theme, I thought I'd mix things up a bit, since I can't think of a suitable puzzle at present.

First person to name a sci-fi (not fantasy, so Pirates of the Caribbean or its sequels don't count) movie with "Pirates" in the title gets a Steam code for Pirates of Black Cove Gold.
cobra: the space pirate

Edit: not so sure if a real movie, by the way.
Post edited October 09, 2013 by dizcology
blakstar: ...And sticking with my sci-fi theme, I thought I'd mix things up a bit, since I can't think of a suitable puzzle at present.

The Ice Pirates (1984)

darkplanetar: The Ice Pirates (1984)
Ha! Nice. Good movie. :)

The first that came in mind was Pirates of Silicon Valley, of course :D

dizcology: cobra: the space pirate

Edit: not so sure if a real movie, by the way.
More at IMDbPro »
Cobra: The Space Pirate
Action | Adventure | Drama | See all in-development titles on IMDbPro
i think it's not sci-fi, interesting name though
Post edited October 09, 2013 by darkplanetar