It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thespian*: I've got a fair rep, but I consider myself kind of a lurker. ;)

I usually prefer reading others' posts instead of writing my own ones (writing walls of text in English is still a painful process for me, and besides, when I learn about a thread, someone else has expressed what I'd have said, only better). :D
With that hair of yours, I don't blame you for being in the shadows...
Post edited October 02, 2013 by KneeTheCap
dragonsreach: Not sure I like the term "Lurker".
joppo: I wouldn't say you're a lurker, you were absent from the forums during all this time. As I understand it a lurker is someone who reads the forum but doesn't post, but is always present, instead of someone who eventually enters GOG, checks the first page, buys (or not) and leave.

For that matter, I also wouldn't call lurkers the guys on that thread based just on having a low rep and old accounts.

Oh and a late welcome to the forums. :)
My response was directly at Celton88. Read below. I may not have 1000+ days yet, but at the time I had less than 5 rep. I fit perfectly with his requirements of a lurker, but I'm not.

Oh, thanks for the welcome and this wasn't a jab at anyone. Just an observation that what you see and what you say are sometimes complete $#!+ and have nothing to do with reality! :-}

niniendowarrior: I think GOG did not consider how much lurkers we have in here. I think they expected only the active members to join in.
Celton88: Ya, I was really surprised at the number of lurkers. Lots of the guys I saw with 1000+ days only had a couple of rep. I didn't bother posting for the same reason as joppo.
Thespian*: I've got a fair rep, but I consider myself kind of a lurker. ;)

I usually prefer reading others' posts instead of writing my own ones (writing walls of text in English is still a painful process for me, and besides, when I learn about a thread, someone else has expressed what I'd have said, only better). :D
KneeTheCap: With that hair of yours, I don't blame you for being in the shadows...
I was thinking about posting in your "Do you write?" thread (I write ocasionally, too. Check this one, for example), but after that remark, I'm not so sure... :p
DeMignon: I guess the title "Forum Day" was a bad pick, because 2/3 of the participants have never been to the forum before, hence the real forum community felt ignored.
Well stated. Better if they had done something like Old Timers' Day or something, to make it clear it was about how long you've been on GOG (which is something you have no control over), versus how active you are in the community (which you directly control). Personally I think it's a pretty duff idea compared to what they could have done, but I look at it as the GOG equivalent of those events where shopping malls give free coffee and muffins to senior citizens. :)
Trid: Well, just want to say that some time ago I hide in my posts codes for Torchlight an[url=5395][/url]d Duke 3D.

So if any1 still not have one of this, they can be found in some of my olders posts (one is in gifting topic), hf looking :P.
te_lanus: Naughty Naughty Trid :D

Nicely done :D
I'm trying, but not many Ninja without this games I guess :)
IAmSinistar: ..., but I look at it as the GOG equivalent of those events where shopping malls give free coffee and muffins to senior citizens. :)
As long as they don't come by car themselves ;-)

(Just a joke, I'm well aware of the age of some most appreciated GOGlodytes)
niniendowarrior: Nobody should be surprised. People give free games here and draw so many of them over...

In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
DyNaer: sign up to EA"s support as tech buddy :D
I am so not qualified to be EA's tech buddy. In order for me to earn my stripes I have to be unable to fix anything. :D
Greetings ninjas, how you doing.

So apparently I pissed off somebody or a group of them and now I'm getting downrepped, what's wrong with people and the (-) button?
Crsldmc: Greetings ninjas, how you doing.

So apparently I pissed off somebody or a group of them and now I'm getting downrepped, what's wrong with people and the (-) button?
Hell it just means you made it big! Heheh!

- to be honest its happened to me a bunch of times - i think i hit the 200 mark about five times in a row and if i count up (roughyl) all the lost rep from such incidents / numptitude i'd be somewhere around 600 by now. ultimately it dont matter though as we all know you're a git anyways! ;)
Crsldmc: So apparently I pissed off somebody or a group of them and now I'm getting downrepped, what's wrong with people and the (-) button?
Who knows what crawls into some folks panties that morning. Don't let it bother you mate.

Just noticed I got a couple Garshasp keys from the Flying Bundle, must've been the unlocks I never checked back on. Anyway, they are Steam only, so I won't be using them myself. Any of you regulars been looking for these?
Crsldmc: Greetings ninjas, how you doing.

Sachys: Hell it just means you made it big! Heheh!

- to be honest its happened to me a bunch of times - i think i hit the 200 mark about five times in a row and if i count up (roughyl) all the lost rep from such incidents / numptitude i'd be somewhere around 600 by now. ultimately it dont matter though as we all know you're a git anyways! ;)
Yup, I guess I'll move under the radar for a while, atleast till I get to 220 or 230, I just want to enter the 200 hehe.

Yeah I guess there are ups and downs, but hey I have manners... most of the time I think. :)
Crsldmc: So apparently I pissed off somebody or a group of them and now I'm getting downrepped, what's wrong with people and the (-) button?
IAmSinistar: Who knows what crawls into some folks panties that morning. Don't let it bother you mate.

Just noticed I got a couple Garshasp keys from the Flying Bundle, must've been the unlocks I never checked back on. Anyway, they are Steam only, so I won't be using them myself. Any of you regulars been looking for these?
Exactly, wrong place wrong time, thanks mate.

Also thanks for the drops. +1
Post edited October 02, 2013 by Crsldmc
IAmSinistar: Just noticed I got a couple Garshasp keys from the Flying Bundle, must've been the unlocks I never checked back on. Anyway, they are Steam only, so I won't be using them myself. Any of you regulars been looking for these?
I have the 1st one on Desura and still haven't bothered to play...

I wonder why they haven't included that?
Sachys: Hell it just means you made it big! Heheh!

Crsldmc: Yup, I guess I'll move under the radar for a while, atleast till I get to 220 or 230, I just want to enter the 200 hehe.

Yeah I guess there are ups and downs, but hey I have manners... most of the time I think. :)
you could go on a question answering quest and boost your standing - utterly defeating the point of derepping you
Stooner: I have the 1st one on Desura and still haven't bothered to play...

I wonder why they haven't included that?
Who knows? I have suspicions about why things are offered as Steam only when other versions exist, but nothing factual to back those up.

Sachys: you could go on a question answering quest and boost your standing - utterly defeating the point of derepping you
I try to counter those downreps as well. When someone is chickenshit about downrepping, basically hitting the button on a post with no clear reason as to why it is being downrepped, I uprep the post in kind.
Crsldmc: Yup, I guess I'll move under the radar for a while, atleast till I get to 220 or 230, I just want to enter the 200 hehe.

Sachys: you could go on a question answering quest and boost your standing - utterly defeating the point of derepping you
I guess you're right!