It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
Azrael360: Congrats! ^_^
Now you should teach those at EA Support how to do that... (:P)
Does EA have support?! :o
niniendowarrior: In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
I'm ecstatic! Took an apple to hit my head to finally figure it out. :p

To EA... I would like to say... a whole hearted... F*CK YOU.
lukslo: Does EA have support?! :o
They do. Their support involves closing down tickets and thanking you for understanding. :D
Post edited October 02, 2013 by niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior: They do. Their support involves closing down tickets and thanking you for understanding. :D
Hahahahaha well that sounds really like EA :D
niniendowarrior: They do. Their support involves closing down tickets and thanking you for understanding. :D
lukslo: Hahahahaha well that sounds really like EA :D
It's also a true story. On my case alone, EA deleted my tickets and sent me an email to thank me.
lukslo: Hahahahaha well that sounds really like EA :D
niniendowarrior: It's also a true story. On my case alone, EA deleted my tickets and sent me an email to thank me.
Thank god I never needed their support ...
niniendowarrior: It's also a true story. On my case alone, EA deleted my tickets and sent me an email to thank me.
lukslo: Thank god I never needed their support ...
I hope never to need their support again.
Celton88: Ya, I was really surprised at the number of lurkers. Lots of the guys I saw with 1000+ days only had a couple of rep. I didn't bother posting for the same reason as joppo.
niniendowarrior: Nobody should be surprised. People give free games here and draw so many of them over...

In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
Post edited October 02, 2013 by DyNaer
niniendowarrior: I think GOG did not consider how much lurkers we have in here. I think they expected only the active members to join in.
Celton88: Ya, I was really surprised at the number of lurkers. Lots of the guys I saw with 1000+ days only had a couple of rep. I didn't bother posting for the same reason as joppo.
Not sure I like the term "Lurker".

Take me for example. I started buying games years ago but never posted on the forums. About 2-3 weeks ago I checked the "community" to see if there was an answer to something, I don't remember what, and lo-&-behold, I found all kinds of interesting info. Giveaways, answers, ninja's, etc... Notice my time vs. reputation. Since that fateful day I have put in for some giveaways, answered some ?'s to the best of my ability and shared some entertaining (also some depressing) stories, talked about my cats, my kids and my life. Found out I kinda like chatting with people who for all our differences, are very similar.

Maybe this is what GOG had in mind. Let's see if we can get some of those old-timers more involved in OUR community. They may like it!

Just my opinion, not the opinion of this site or any of it's affiliates, employees or vendors. In the event of excessive +'ing all reputations will benefit!
I guess the title "Forum Day" was a bad pick, because 2/3 of the participants have never been to the forum before, hence the real forum community felt ignored.
DeMignon: I guess the title "Forum Day" was a bad pick, because 2/3 of the participants have never been to the forum before, hence the real forum community felt ignored.
That's a good point.
dragonsreach: Not sure I like the term "Lurker".

Take me for example. I started buying games years ago but never posted on the forums. About 2-3 weeks ago I checked the "community" to see if there was an answer to something <snip>
I wouldn't say you're a lurker, you were absent from the forums during all this time. As I understand it a lurker is someone who reads the forum but doesn't post, but is always present, instead of someone who eventually enters GOG, checks the first page, buys (or not) and leave.

For that matter, I also wouldn't call lurkers the guys on that thread based just on having a low rep and old accounts.

Oh and a late welcome to the forums. :)
Well, just want to say that some time ago I hide in my posts codes for Torchlight an[url=5395][/url]d Duke 3D.

So if any1 still not have one of this, they can be found in some of my olders posts (one is in gifting topic), hf looking :P.
Post edited October 02, 2013 by Trid
Granted, I'm not sure that everyone turning up is all that bad -- disappointing for my chances of winning, maybe!

Someone may have joined GOG years ago, not posted on the forums, but may have bought a number of games -- is this still not to the benefit of the community? After all, it's the prime reason GOG exists, and without that we wouldn't all be posting here! :-)
Trid: Well, just want to say that some time ago I hide in my posts codes for Torchlight an[url=5395][/url]d Duke 3D.

So if any1 still not have one of this, they can be found in some of my olders posts (one is in gifting topic), hf looking :P.
Naughty Naughty Trid :D

Nicely done :D
Post edited October 02, 2013 by te_lanus
dragonsreach: Not sure I like the term "Lurker".

Take me for example. I started buying games years ago but never posted on the forums. About 2-3 weeks ago I checked the "community" to see if there was an answer to something, I don't remember what, and lo-&-behold, I found all kinds of interesting info. Giveaways, answers, ninja's, etc... Notice my time vs. reputation. [...]
blakstar: Someone may have joined GOG years ago, not posted on the forums, but may have bought a number of games -- is this still not to the benefit of the community? After all, it's the prime reason GOG exists, and without that we wouldn't all be posting here! :-)
I've got a fair rep, but I consider myself kind of a lurker. ;)

I usually prefer reading others' posts instead of writing my own ones (writing walls of text in English is still a slow and painful process for me, and besides, when I learn about a thread, someone else has expressed what I'd have said, only better). :D
Post edited October 02, 2013 by Thespian*