It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Same here, I've hit a kind of cap where my character doesn't live long enough to accumulate enough for upgrades. And since you have to pay all your remaining reserves to re-enter the castle, it doesn't help the next descendant. Perhaps if I get better at it I can get past this grinding.
Well there are runes that really help you staying alive like the double jump, and also some that give extra money on each coin you get. You'll eventually get them, but yeah you definitely need to improve yourself more than the character. So do I.

IAmSinistar: Ah, thanks, that's a good suggestion. It might be just the character saying certain things in combat, as Thespian (perhaps jokingly) suggests. I confess I don't pay attention to that area of the screen much when fighting enemies.
Coprolalia is one trait that does exactly that. Every time your character is hit he'll say some cuss words represented by a small comic-book balloon.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by joppo
IAmSinistar: Yes we are, your pinkness. It has a very addictive "one more go" dynamic alright.
Schnuff: Lord and Lady Schnuff counts in the hundrets ;-)
Umm, it sounds like something dangerously addictive...

Kinda like "FTL" for me. :D
Post edited October 01, 2013 by Thespian*
Thespian*: Yeah, I'm just kidding, as usual. ;)

(hope my lame joke didn't offend to anyone)

Agreed.
well, I hope my comment has not sounded offensive too. not my goal.
Schnuff: Lord and Lady Schnuff counts in the hundrets ;-)
Thespian*: Umm, it sounds like something dangerously addictive...

It is...but now i am stuck....i need around 10 tries to get another addition.
IAmSinistar: I hope it's not considered a detrimental trait, as that would be an unfortunate attitude on the part of the game creators. Hopefully it just has cosmetic effects like some of the other traits.
Well just like genetics itself there's every sort of trait on a descendant and some of them are bad but some are great too. I avoid vertigo like the plague because it causes you to play the game upside-down. It did give me a headache when I tried.
On the other hand you can have eidetic memory. It causes you to see your enemies on the minimap. That's a great help.

Schnuff: It is...but now i am stuck....i need around 10 tries to get another addition.
Keep trying. Nothing can defeat the good old stubborness. ;)

joppo: Well just like genetics itself there's every sort of trait on a descendant and some of them are bad but some are great too. I avoid vertigo like the plague because it causes you to play the game upside-down. It did give me a headache when I tried.
On the other hand you can have eidetic memory. It causes you to see your enemies on the minimap. That's a great help.
OMG! I still remember a certain game (I'm not going to say its name, to avoid spoilers) in which the controls are inverted while fighting the final boss (so if you press up in the controller, you get down, and left for right). But that trait seems worse yet.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by Thespian*
joppo: Well there are runes that really help you staying alive like the double jump, and also some that give extra money on each coin you get. You'll eventually get them, but yeah you definitely need to improve yourself more than the character. So do I.
Just so. And I did get one of the Bounty runes that increases the gold, it's just that I've hit the level where all the upgrades cost a bit more than I seem to be able to collect before death. Being a better player is most certainly the key at that point.

IAmSinistar: I hope it's not considered a detrimental trait, as that would be an unfortunate attitude on the part of the game creators. Hopefully it just has cosmetic effects like some of the other traits.
joppo: Well just like genetics itself there's every sort of trait on a descendant and some of them are bad but some are great too. I avoid vertigo like the plague because it causes you to play the game upside-down. It did give me a headache when I tried.
Yes, I'm fine with there being positive and negative traits, as well as decorative ones (I tend to get Coprolalia a lot, as well as Nostalgia, which makes everything sepia tinted.) I just hope that being gay isn't considered a negative trait, as that's would be an unfortunate attitude to have. As I said, I suspect it just has some kind of minor decorative effect that I haven't noticed yet.

EDIT: And I did try a character with Vertigo once and actually got quite far with them. Having to think about the controls seemed to make me play more carefully and not barrel into traps and such.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by IAmSinistar
The sepia one looks cool.
high rated

Schnuff: It is...but now i am stuck....i need around 10 tries to get another addition.
If only it wasn't that expensive. Even on sale, I thought about getting two others before Rogue Legacy. Anyway, looks like I have to give myself a push one day. People talking about it always makes it enticing.

For everybody else, who'd rather like to visit tactical space fights:
Obliterate Everything 2 Gold (on Desura) for the first replier.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by DeMignon
DeMignon: If only it wasn't that expensive. Even on sale, I thought about getting two others before Rogue Legacy. Anyway, looks like I have to give myself a push one day. People talking about it always makes it enticing.

For everybody else, who'd rather like to visit tactical space fights:
+1 NR
DeMignon: For everybody else, who'd rather like to visit tactical space fights:
I already have it, but thanks for your generosity, mate! :)
If you don't find anyone, maybe this guy?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post46104
DeMignon: Obliterate Everything 2 Gold (on Desura) for the first replier.
I appreciate the offer, but don't think I'd play it, and I try not to hoard games I won't play. NR, but +1
Stooner: If you don't find anyone, maybe this guy?
You should postulate to GOG , for remplacing the search function :D
Post edited October 01, 2013 by DyNaer
Stooner: If you don't find anyone, maybe this guy?
DyNaer: You should postulate to GOG , for remplacing the search function :D
Well, it kinda works.. but only sometimes..