It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: Origins is great. Awakening, so-so.
arr0whead: Did you play DAO with the DLCs? If yes, will I miss much if I get just the base game? I've been holding off from buying it because the ultimate edition is region blocked on Steam.
I played DAO with the DLCs. I have the Ultimate Edition on Steam.

DA:O DLCs are very self-contained pieces of stories. I think the only one you might miss is Witch's Hunt (haven't played) but that one only is worthwhile if you romanced a specific NPC. Awakening is kinda meh. The DLC items also tip the difficulty balance of the game in your favour.

DA:O deserves purchase regardless of whether you have the DLC or not. Awakening... well... maybe.

I have heard from friends that Datablitz sells the UE. Just a friendly tip.
Post edited September 13, 2013 by niniendowarrior
arr0whead: Did you play DAO with the DLCs? If yes, will I miss much if I get just the base game? I've been holding off from buying it because the ultimate edition is region blocked on Steam.
niniendowarrior: I played DAO with the DLCs. I have the Ultimate Edition on Steam.

DA:O DLCs are very self-contained pieces of stories. I think the only one you might miss is Witch's Hunt (haven't played) but that one only is worthwhile if you romanced a specific NPC. Awakening is kinda meh. The DLC items also tip the difficulty balance of the game in your favour.

DA:O deserves purchase regardless of whether you have the DLC or not. Awakening... well... maybe.

Witch's hunt is a must-play LOL ;d
night ninjas.
lemuria: night ninjas.
night
niniendowarrior: I played DAO with the DLCs. I have the Ultimate Edition on Steam.

I've seen it on Datablitz but I've read elsewhere that the disc must be in the drive to be able to play it. I like having the disc if it's only for installing the game.

Anyway, thanks. I'll probably get the base game next time it goes on sale.

arr0whead: I've seen it on Datablitz but I've read elsewhere that the disc must be in the drive to be able to play it. I like having the disc if it's only for installing the game.

DA do not have disk check after the latest patch so...

DLCs do require connection although unless you edit the config file.

That's how I did it last time ;d
Post edited September 13, 2013 by simon_vd
arr0whead: I've seen it on Datablitz but I've read elsewhere that the disc must be in the drive to be able to play it. I like having the disc if it's only for installing the game.

simon_vd: DA do not have disk check after the latest patch so...

Really? In that case, I might as well get the retail version of the UE. Thanks for the info.
simon_vd: DA do not have disk check after the latest patch so...

arr0whead: Really? In that case, I might as well get the retail version of the UE. Thanks for the info.
You really should. My friend supposedly bought the tin case version with other extras not in the digital version. It's an awesome deal.
NICE!
Turns out the halloween poster I was comissioned for yesterday is fast taking a Lovecraftian tip - and approved by the comissioner! :)

...nobody want any of these btw?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post44263
Sachys: NICE!
Turns out the halloween poster I was comissioned for yesterday is fast taking a Lovecraftian tip - and approved by the comissioner! :)

How annoying -- top-notch games, and I've got the lot! :-)
Ha origin has the UE wtf
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/dragon-age-1/pc-download/base-game/ultimate-edition
Sachys: NICE!

I think it's a question of WHO meets your criteria, mate. :D

Congrats on the gig!
Well i'm off to bed.
Good Night
simon_vd: Well i'm off to bed.
Good Night
gOOd night
simon_vd: Well i'm off to bed.
Good Night
Good night!