It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: I suppose that means a reduction of horror and more run and gun play? Knowing EA... probably throw in a few in-game purchases for good measure!
Sachys: having redeemed it - a LOT of "pay to win" purchases it seems
There should be a law that a game has to be released for free if it has a certain number of in-game purchases. Feel bad for all the people that plopped down 60 bucks or more on Dead Space 3.
Sachys: having redeemed it - a LOT of "pay to win" purchases it seems
grunthos64: There should be a law that a game has to be released for free if it has a certain number of in-game purchases. Feel bad for all the people that plopped down 60 bucks or more on Dead Space 3.
Yeah! I'm very glad its on that bundle - though it seems that the dlc available is purely aesthetic / pay to win stuff - unlike with ME2 where there were mission packs a plenty
grunthos64: There should be a law that a game has to be released for free if it has a certain number of in-game purchases. Feel bad for all the people that plopped down 60 bucks or more on Dead Space 3.
Sachys: Yeah! I'm very glad its on that bundle - though it seems that the dlc available is purely aesthetic / pay to win stuff - unlike with ME2 where there were mission packs a plenty
That is a darn shame of them to do. I always figured the pay-to-win stuff ought to be for second run play unlockables after finishing the game first.
niniendowarrior:
yeah it all looks like "couriers stash" style dlc and a load of outfits that no doubt make the game easier somehow. big poo!
still, were they free i wouldnt knock em so much, but theyd still dampen the game some - still, there dont appear to be that shit with DS 1
niniendowarrior:
Sachys: yeah it all looks like "couriers stash" style dlc and a load of outfits that no doubt make the game easier somehow. big poo!
still, were they free i wouldnt knock em so much, but theyd still dampen the game some - still, there dont appear to be that shit with DS 1
Outside of the smaller indie stuff, survival horror is dead. Big game publishers think the western market just wants shooter games and nothing else. Dead Space did well and kept survival horror around and along with Bioshock brought some of the feel of System Shock 2 back? Fuck that! Bring out a third person shooter game that will feel like Halo with 'scary stuff' in it.

I miss AAA games giving out more variety with their stuff. Playing it safe just makes things boring.
amok: When you penetrate the matter to the crux of it, and do not provide any smokescreens, there are two issues here:

1) HB kindly asks you to not break up a bundle.
2) GoG thinks breaking up a bundle is "unfair" and says "hog all keys"

That is the crux of it, and none of you address this at all. This has nothing to do about utilitarianism nor legalism
IAmSinistar: I confess I am not surprised by your response, but still sorry to see it thus. I am also sorry that you think my attempt at elucidation was instead obfuscation, and that I somehow seem incapable of addressing the core issue. I have done so, however at odds it is with your philosophy and your inability to entertain any course of reason that does not parallel your own. You in turn fail to address why me spending $5 on 5 bundles and giving them away is perfectly fine, but spending $5 on one bundle and giving pieces of it away is criminal. Apart, of course, from your argument of "because it says so", which is one that ceases to carry weight after about the age of 3.

If the limits of your argument, and thus your chain of reason, is predicated entirely on "it is stated this way in writing here, therefore it must be so", then there is little I can do to show you my own logic, because by your dicta it will be inescapably in error unless it dovetails entirely with your own. It is this kind of surity that makes debate with the zealot and the literalist equally fruitless.

Lastly, you yourself say that "HB asks" and "GoG thinks", neither of which are indicators of unbreakable rules, but rather take the form of requests. I am free to ignore such requests when they conflict with my ethos, without violating any actual rules. Naturally I do my best to honour reasonable requests, but I do not find the discarding of fallow resources a reasonable request. So your problem with me, and those like me, is reduced to that of either a public scold or a bitter defender, angry because others merely do not make the same choices you do.

I sincerely hope you take the time to read my words and understand them this time, rather than look for some fragment of mis-context that you can then use to simply rehash your same argument against. Because I will not engage you again like this otherwise, for reasoned discourse requires parties to be engaged in good faith on both sides.
Well stated, IAmSinistar - thank you.
high rated
Thomas was Alone
X72I*-24JZ*-V*IGQ

*=M
dudetterinazor: Thomas was Alone
Ha! I have been so fast these two days. Redeemed. Thank you so very much!
dudetterinazor: Thomas was Alone
dizcology: Ha! I have been so fast these two days. Redeemed. Thank you so very much!
Cheers! You're welcome, enjoy!
I usually don't say much about the whole "bad dog" commentary since on one hand, I like HiB and I want to support devs. Really. In fact, a while back, amok's comments made me decide to stop trading those keys and basically stop trading altogether with rare exceptions where someone is looking for a game I've bought in another bundle or elsewhere and for the most part I'm not really benefiting (I usually gift the games I got in the trade).

But lately all this "hand-smacking" has gotten out of hand and turned GOG into the kind of place where I'm a bit uneasy and unhappy to hang out... For me, GOG has been a place of refuge, a place where I've made a lot of friends that I truly care about - the world is wide and wondrous;-)

Listen, there are so many real ills and problems in the world - homeless people wandering the streets, stupid idiots texting while they're driving multi-thousand pound weapons of destruction, wars about theocracy , schools failing the children being taught in them - take your pick of real-life issues that could use some passion... Frankly, the argument about bundle keys pales in comparison.

So my take on this is passion is it's amazing but use it to do real work in the world. HumbleIndieBundle is a business and they can take care of themselves in whatever appropriate ways their legal staff feels works to protect their interests - bundling games onto one key or whatever but in the meantime, state your piece once and stop turning GOG into another forum full of bitter, angry commentary. We heard you the first time, amok and we heard you the four-thousandth time. Continuing to argue only makes your point seem pointless and mean but it turns a nice forum into all those other forums that most of us loathe...

So here's my wish - if you're going to respect HiB's wishes, then respect mine too: State HiB's wishes where ever you see a HiB key being gifted and then say nothing else. Then perhaps you'll consider using your amazing passion and energy to do good in the world at your local soup kitchen or food bank - I gotta say that nothing is quite so satisfying as sorting cans or serving food to someone in need of a good meal.
Momo1991: Listen, there are so many real ills and problems in the world - homeless people wandering the streets, stupid idiots texting while they're driving multi-thousand pound weapons of destruction, wars about theocracy , schools failing the children being taught in them - take your pick of real-life issues that could use some passion... Frankly, the argument about bundle keys pales in comparison.

So my take on this is passion is it's amazing but use it to do real work in the world. HumbleIndieBundle is a business and they can take care of themselves in whatever appropriate ways their legal staff feels works to protect their interests - bundling games onto one key or whatever but in the meantime, state your piece once and stop turning GOG into another forum full of bitter, angry commentary. We heard you the first time, amok and we heard you the four-thousandth time. Continuing to argue only makes your point seem pointless and mean but it turns a nice forum into all those other forums that most of us loathe...
While I understand HiB in the situation, as well as GOG for getting in the middle while having nothing to do with the organization, I still agree 100% with what you said there. HiB, or the charities aren't gonna go bankrupt if they lose a number of customers because they got gifted the game(s) they wanted from the bundle. Some people are poor enough not to be able to even hand out money for the $1 tier: if they get the games via a gift, then I think that's some kind of charity too.
tAnt0: Well I've spent most of my evening lurking twitter trying to get amnesia and botanicula codes to no avail, so I'm gonna head to bed. Good night everyone and good luck ninjas :)
Sachys: I really dont see how this is relevant.
Also makes me question your charcater as you've complained about lurkers on here taking codes, yet have just admitted to trying to do it on another site right now.
And since when does anything in this thread have to be relevant?
Also I'm complaining since they can't even bother to register to at least say thanks. No matter where I've gotten a code, I always said thanks, even registered a few places to say it if I didn't have an account.
high rated
back to giveaways...

Origin bundle (below average) - Gift URL

first to PM the correct number (refer to my avatar)
Hint if you don't know the answer: range is from 1 to 50

Only 1 PM per person. If no one gives me the correct number when I check later, I'll randomly pick one from those who sent a PM

Edit: already taken by Aniki

and it's 47
Post edited August 16, 2013 by arr0whead
arr0whead:
I think I know, but just grabbed the below average set. +1 for the giveaway though.
Morning everyone.
Is war over ? :)