It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yeah, that makes sense, since FO3 was developed by Bethesda ;)

New Vegas is definitely a different animal, though if you dislike the core mechanics of the Gamebryo engine, you still won't like the game.

The similarities between New Vegas and Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay mechanics, yeah, I can agree they are pretty similar. In terms of depth of story and actually making an impact via factions, it hits much closer to the original Fallout and Wasteland (New Vegas, that is).

I'm not trying to persuade you to play it, but if you haven't, it's a bit unfair to judge it wholly on gameplay mechanics.
Post edited July 28, 2013 by CymTyr
high rated
Incoming rant...

It was around 10 o'clock on a beautiful Friday morning. Day 14 of my time in the wilderness. It had taken some effort to find some gold rocks to mine, but I was now equipped with two machines that would enable me to craft essential survival items. Hoping to have plenty of manure to fertilize my newly acquired berry bushes, I had set up my camp near a herd of beefalo. Bee hives to the East would provide honey, and spider nests to the North would provide silk and spider glands. I had also managed to shave six of the bovine beasts during the night. Now with plenty of wool, food and tools, I was hopeful to survive the winter in relative comfort. I was just about to start building some walls around my camp when someone knocked on my door. It was a representative from my cable company. He had come to my home, at 10 o'clock on a Friday morning, to give me a sales pitch! For 20 minutes he rambled about bundles, three year contracts and movie packages, and insisted that I could save a lot of money by spending more. Apparently "no" wasn't a part of his vocabulary, but he finally left when I brought up the possibility of cancelling my account on the spot. I made my way back to the computer, intending to verify that this oddity wasn't a scam before continuing my game, and was struck with horror as I laid eyes on the screen. Yeah, I'd forgotten to pause the fucking game, and now I was dead. Now, in general, I'm pretty calm and level headed, so it shames me to admit that it took quite a bit of will power to not go after the poor sales rep. that had just vacated my door step and give him a piece of my f̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ mind. And turns out it wasn't a scam. Some marketing genius at my crappy cable company figured bothering existing customers with door to door sales was a brilliant idea! I may just cancel my account yet, if only I had another viable option in terms of cable companies...

Anyway, now that I got this off my chest, this is the Ninja thread, therefore I must have a game to give away!
The first person to guess which game I was playing last Friday gets a GOG copy of it!
CymTyr: Fallout New Vegas was developed by Obsidian with programming assistance from Bethesda.
niniendowarrior: They were built on Bethesda's engine for Fallout 3. I just don't see how a third party developer can fix the stuff I don't like about that engine.

An added bonus is me blacklisting Obsidian for their chopshop job on KotOR 2.
That was all Lucasarts fault in the horrible 'rush it out for Christmas' move that most big game publishers push on the developers. Obsidian has done great work since then and KOTOR 2 shouldn't be what stops you from checking them out.
NameGoo: Incoming rant...

It was around 10 o'clock on a beautiful Friday morning. Day 14 of my time in the wilderness. It had taken some effort to ...

Anyway, now that I got this off my chest, this is the Ninja thread, therefore I must have a game to give away!
The first person to guess which game I was playing last Friday gets a GOG copy of it!
" It had taken some effort to find some gold rocks to mine, but I was now equipped with two machines that would enable me to craft essential survival items."

Don't Starve ?
Post edited July 28, 2013 by lemuria

It was around 10 o'clock on a beautiful Friday morning. Day 14 of my time in the wilderness. It had taken some effort to ...

lemuria: " It had taken some effort to find some gold rocks to mine, but I was now equipped with two machines that would enable me to craft essential survival items."

Don't Starve ?
Yeah, it's Don't Starve! You're a smart fast ninja, you are!

lemuria: " It had taken some effort to find some gold rocks to mine, but I was now equipped with two machines that would enable me to craft essential survival items."

Don't Starve ?
Congratulations!
And have fun! It's a very addictive little game.
CymTyr: yeah, that makes sense, since FO3 was developed by Bethesda ;)

New Vegas is definitely a different animal, though if you dislike the core mechanics of the Gamebryo engine, you still won't like the game.

The similarities between New Vegas and Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay mechanics, yeah, I can agree they are pretty similar. In terms of depth of story and actually making an impact via factions, it hits much closer to the original Fallout and Wasteland (New Vegas, that is).

I'm not trying to persuade you to play it, but if you haven't, it's a bit unfair to judge it wholly on gameplay mechanics.
I'm actually very much in agreement with much of what you say. New Vegas likely has some differences in depth of stories and such. The problem I have is that if I don't enjoy the gameplay which is pretty much 90% of what a player will be inundated with, then I'd kinda rather watch paint dry. LOL. I'm not saying New Vegas is a horrible, horrible game (for the general public). I'm saying that given the signs, I'd give the game a pass on my books.

niniendowarrior: They were built on Bethesda's engine for Fallout 3. I just don't see how a third party developer can fix the stuff I don't like about that engine.

An added bonus is me blacklisting Obsidian for their chopshop job on KotOR 2.
grunthos64: That was all Lucasarts fault in the horrible 'rush it out for Christmas' move that most big game publishers push on the developers. Obsidian has done great work since then and KOTOR 2 shouldn't be what stops you from checking them out.
That makes a lot of sense. Except Obsidian released NWN2 which seems rather buggy as hell as well.
Post edited July 28, 2013 by niniendowarrior

Don't Starve ?
NameGoo: Congratulations!
And have fun! It's a very addictive little game.
Thank you so much!
niniendowarrior: I'm actually very much in agreement with much of what you say. New Vegas likely has some differences in depth of stories and such. The problem I have is that if I don't enjoy the gameplay which is pretty much 90% of what a player will be inundated with, then I'd kinda rather watch paint dry. LOL. I'm not saying New Vegas is a horrible, horrible game (for the general public). I'm saying that given the signs, I'd give the game a pass on my books.
And that's why I love discussing games with you. We can usually agree to disagree and no one gets pissed or hits the minus button.

Have a good one, my friend :)
niniendowarrior: I'm actually very much in agreement with much of what you say. New Vegas likely has some differences in depth of stories and such. The problem I have is that if I don't enjoy the gameplay which is pretty much 90% of what a player will be inundated with, then I'd kinda rather watch paint dry. LOL. I'm not saying New Vegas is a horrible, horrible game (for the general public). I'm saying that given the signs, I'd give the game a pass on my books.
CymTyr: And that's why I love discussing games with you. We can usually agree to disagree and no one gets pissed or hits the minus button.

Have a good one, my friend :)
It's nice to have a civil conversation and not resort to name calling. But I will hit the minus button just the same. KIDDING! LOL.
te_lanus: http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/hHBaesPs

Weee, something to keep the Gray stuff occupied :D
Just solved it, but if it's not redeemed I don't know whether it's something I want. What's the key good for?

Edit: nevermind, it's written on the puzzle. And it's redeemed BTW, not by me. Thanks for the puzzle and the game.
Post edited July 28, 2013 by joppo
joppo: Edit: nevermind, it's written on the puzzle. And it's redeemed BTW, not by me. Thanks for the puzzle and the game.
Yeah, there was one solver already some four hours ago, I guess they took it. Funny, that a Bible-read person wouldn't say thanks like that...

Care to share the answers? Some context would also be appreciated :-)

Oh, and +1s to te_lanus, NameGoo, and all other gifters!
high rated
War of the Human Tanks
http://www.gamersgate.com/giftcard/C297105197
assassin33: War of the Human Tanks
http://www.gamersgate.com/giftcard/C297105197
Awesome, I got it! Always dig a story-based strategy game :D Thanks!
NameGoo: [snip]

Brilliant game!