It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Robette: Zafehouse Diaries(Desura):

5GYOS-N7E9L-7BSIG-D?XF-PLRCU

RN=?
Marauders in game coupon... whatever that even is:

HXG-WZ3-HZK
Snatched Zafehouse, thank you.
Robette: Zombusters(Desura):

R75BQ-1UL0L-M9JVW-T?2WA-L7X4R

?=C
Me sorry Me ook this one also.

me went to check and no-one has taken it, thus I'm a slow ninja
te_lanus: Me sorry Me ook this one also.

Better you than that leech xenatar or w/e its name :-)

Also, vielen dank für die Geschenke, Robette!

Spinorial: Better you than that leech xenatar or w/e its name :-)

We dont speak of xenatar here
Spinorial: Better you than that leech xenatar or w/e its name :-)

kkreo: We dont speak of xenatar here
Just searched "xenatar" on the forums. Only thing I pulled up was posts of him grabbing games. He that bad of a leech?

Also, wassup people? :D
Robette: Zombusters(Desura):

R75BQ-1UL0L-M9JVW-T?2WA-L7X4R

?=C

I'm OK with that. Have fun.
JohnWalrus: Just searched "xenatar" on the forums. Only thing I pulled up was posts of him grabbing games. He that bad of a leech?
Define "that bad of a leech"? Aren't there a lot of people in this and any manner of ninja or code dropping threads across the internet who take multiple codes for themselves? Only difference between this xenatar person and some others is s/he was silent thru it all. Ok, so they were silent and leeched a few code drops the other day. There was a guy a few days ago who got like 4-5 drops in a row, a guy a month or two ago who got every code drop for that particular day - were they leeching even if they said thanks? Or is it not the case if they say "thanks", and I'm willing to guess that even some of those who say thanks don't say it all the time either. Does that make them a part-time leech and part-time ninja? Full-time both?

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that if you drop a code in the open, isn't the purpose of it to make it fair game to all who see it? Sure, its good manners and appreciated if the grabber/ninja/leecher/whomever says thanks and all but if the code is there and someone takes it and not say anything, you can't really blame them can you? Free games is kind of serious business in many places these days. I visit 2 ninja type threads and I'm slow 99% of the time and 99% of that time when I'm not slow, the name of the game isn't there so I still am hesitant to grab it since I don't want something I'm not interested in.
But the arguments and comments in both these threads is always the same. Don't leave a code for bots to take, ask for a pm, say what the game is, make it harder for those who don't say good morning to take a code, and so on. Sound familiar? The person dropping the code is free to do it anyway they please since its their code. A lot of people here get pm'd with a code. A lot of people get almost all their games for free by making it a full time job looking for codes instead of playing their games. Where is the line from leecher to ninja to community member? Is it solely in not saying thank you? What if one of the "leechers" says good morning or hello all the time but never lets anyone know when they've taken a Steam or GG code? Cuz I bet that happens at times too. Would we raise pitchforks and go after this person should they be found out?

I'm not defending the leeching behavior here. I'm just commenting on the calling out of one because these types of threads anywhere bring about that behavior in people. Free is great isn't it? Just like a cornered animal will defend itself to the end, a ninja thread and a keydrop will bring about the same behavior anywhere. Natural behavior is natural. Just know it will happen again and again and no sense in stopping it or calling out cuz I guarantee xenatar and the thousands like them don't care. My posts always end up too long - sorry. Out.
JohnWalrus: Just searched "xenatar" on the forums. Only thing I pulled up was posts of him grabbing games. He that bad of a leech?
teshra: -
The only reason I asked was because he was mentioned. Whenever a random code-grabber is mentioned by name, I think they've attained legendary status or something, like an old myth passed through the ages. Thought maybe it was some ancient GOG forum story or something, but I guess it's just some person. Didn't mean to call anyone out, just wanted to know. And trust me, I'm the last person to denounce for grabbing games! Although it's nice to say "thank you", and it's probably better anyways to ask for a reply. Not that I don't like the thrill of a ninja grab...that rush of adrenaline flowing through your veins as you furiously copy and paste the code...no, I promised I would kick the junk! I gotta go lie down! :P
teshra: Define "that bad of a leech"? Aren't there a lot of people in this and any manner of ninja or code dropping threads across the internet who take multiple codes for themselves? Only difference between this xenatar person and some others is s/he was silent thru it all. Ok, so they were silent and leeched a few code drops the other day. There was a guy a few days ago who got like 4-5 drops in a row, a guy a month or two ago who got every code drop for that particular day - were they leeching even if they said thanks? Or is it not the case if they say "thanks", and I'm willing to guess that even some of those who say thanks don't say it all the time either. Does that make them a part-time leech and part-time ninja? Full-time both?

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that if you drop a code in the open, isn't the purpose of it to make it fair game to all who see it? Sure, its good manners and appreciated if the grabber/ninja/leecher/whomever says thanks and all but if the code is there and someone takes it and not say anything, you can't really blame them can you? Free games is kind of serious business in many places these days. I visit 2 ninja type threads and I'm slow 99% of the time and 99% of that time when I'm not slow, the name of the game isn't there so I still am hesitant to grab it since I don't want something I'm not interested in.
But the arguments and comments in both these threads is always the same. Don't leave a code for bots to take, ask for a pm, say what the game is, make it harder for those who don't say good morning to take a code, and so on. Sound familiar? The person dropping the code is free to do it anyway they please since its their code. A lot of people here get pm'd with a code. A lot of people get almost all their games for free by making it a full time job looking for codes instead of playing their games. Where is the line from leecher to ninja to community member? Is it solely in not saying thank you? What if one of the "leechers" says good morning or hello all the time but never lets anyone know when they've taken a Steam or GG code? Cuz I bet that happens at times too. Would we raise pitchforks and go after this person should they be found out?

I'm not defending the leeching behavior here. I'm just commenting on the calling out of one because these types of threads anywhere bring about that behavior in people. Free is great isn't it? Just like a cornered animal will defend itself to the end, a ninja thread and a keydrop will bring about the same behavior anywhere. Natural behavior is natural. Just know it will happen again and again and no sense in stopping it or calling out cuz I guarantee xenatar and the thousands like them don't care. My posts always end up too long - sorry. Out.
Yeah,but leeches who use scripts are...really really evil
kkreo: Yeah,but leeches who use scripts are...really really evil
Yes, but my point was how is that different from posters and members who use scripts? We have no proof that those who don't say thanks actually use scripts, maybe they are just fast and F5 very frequently. Similarly, we have no proof that someone who does say thanks is just fast and uses F5 very frequently. Maybe they use a script.
As I said before, free games is some serious stuff even if the atmosphere around it is generally good natured. People want advantages over the next person and saying thanks or good morning 50 times a day doesn't actually prove the person behind the key grab is who we think they are. That's all I was trying to say.
Is a lynch mob forming for this script user? How exciting!
Well,i dont know how its related to ninjas,but i think its funny and weird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfYRfpaBwnc
kkreo: Yeah,but leeches who use scripts are...really really evil
teshra: Yes, but my point was how is that different from posters and members who use scripts? We have no proof that those who don't say thanks actually use scripts, maybe they are just fast and F5 very frequently. Similarly, we have no proof that someone who does say thanks is just fast and uses F5 very frequently. Maybe they use a script.
As I said before, free games is some serious stuff even if the atmosphere around it is generally good natured. People want advantages over the next person and saying thanks or good morning 50 times a day doesn't actually prove the person behind the key grab is who we think they are. That's all I was trying to say.
I agree completely, and another thing is there are a few GOG'ers keep taking stuff but never give anything back. These guys aren't so different than those silent leechers imho, even if they thank and actively post to the forums. And I'm not only talking about the new users, there are ancient GOG'ers doing this, I won't name them of course but they know themselves.
Post edited July 17, 2013 by grynn
I have to say that when I can, I give games (I already gave two little games) because I want to thank the guys here ^^
But sometimes I really don't have money so it's hard to give.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and if someone is interested about a -10% coupon on TokiTori2+, just tell me, but I don't know how to give it, I think that it has to be traded... ?
grynn: ... there are a few GOG'ers keep taking stuff but never give anything back.
Yep, there are both good and bad :) There's also a lot that goes on privately that we may not know about. For instance, some thank the person privately, or give games to others to post on here. They don't always ask for credit, nor do they want attention. Usually, they don't want anything in return. Others offer the ninja-gifter a game in return as a thank-you, in PM.

"Things are not always as they seem to appear."

I'm just thankful that there's a site like GOG out there, and that i've "met" some pretty great people here. Ninjas, Giveaway-ers, Troubleshooters, and Informants. :) Thanks to all of you :)