It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

benderz: They make some better deals than before, but EA will always be EA !
DyNaer: yeah..... i never finished the ME series since ME3 need Origin .... :-(

Microsoft with it's crappy GWFL , is close to this crap aswell...
You should. I jumped into Origin because of Battlefield 3, and it's not so bad finally. Better than peoples said.
Tarnicus: <snip>
No need to do anything to balance out a rant :p

DyNaer: <snip>
benderz: You should. I jumped into Origin because of Battlefield 3, and it's not so bad finally. Better than peoples said.
is it orgin that had that you must download within a year thing? and after that your stuffed if you need to redownload / havent downloaded yet?

DyNaer: DLCs for sims 3 -> 267.33 euros o_O no kidding ! (and that's with a 50% discount)
my god!
Post edited July 14, 2013 by chezybezy
DyNaer: yeah..... i never finished the ME series since ME3 need Origin .... :-(

Microsoft with it's crappy GWFL , is close to this crap aswell...
benderz: You should. I jumped into Origin because of Battlefield 3, and it's not so bad finally. Better than peoples said.
you were lucky ; i read some threads which didn't go in this way ....

i will never have more than one client ... and now i pass all EA games , by the way there's so many titles to play :P
Tarnicus: Also fuck regional pricing. Charging 250% in Australia of what people pay in the US is fucked!

Here, have a code to balance out my negative rant :)

Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes (Steam) JN*HG-0L8BA-M4WM*

* = Beatles song about a number
Is it me or there's no ninjas atm :P
Anyway +1

EDIT : Benderz, my only game in origin is Battlefield 3 :D
Post edited July 14, 2013 by varthshenon
high rated
Tarnicus: It was $5 on Origin the other day. Fuck Origin. Fuck. EA. The worst company to fuck up gaming in existence.

I just woke up on the grumpy side of the bed :D
chezybezy: now thats the sorta price it should be, $5 / £5. lord knows they have enough expansions to make the money on!
I used to download a lot of pirate games when I was younger. Now thanks to sites like GoG and games being sold for reasonable prices, I try to be a good citizen to support other people's lives so they can continue to create wonderful works of art for myself and others to play. However, if I am required to use Origin in order to play a game, it's back to my peg-legging parrot days where hopefully EA management are screaming "Yarr me jaxie!" as profits wane from stupid executive decisions like "Sorry you can't buy that game on Steam anymore, it's Origin only"

A New Beginning - Final Cut (Steam) D*P2D-YA35T-TALW0

* Movie title = World War ?
Tarnicus: <snip>
chezybezy: No need to do anything to balance out a rant :p

chezybezy: is it orgin that had that you must download within a year thing? and after that your stuffed if you need to redownload / havent downloaded yet?

DyNaer: DLCs for sims 3 -> 267.33 euros o_O no kidding ! (and that's with a 50% discount)
chezybezy: my god!
was something related to this i believe; can't remember those thread exaclty , but the EA tech savvy , wasn't very helpfull ....
chezybezy: now thats the sorta price it should be, $5 / £5. lord knows they have enough expansions to make the money on!
Tarnicus: I used to download a lot of pirate games when I was younger. Now thanks to sites like GoG and games being sold for reasonable prices, I try to be a good citizen to support other people's lives so they can continue to create wonderful works of art for myself and others to play. However, if I am required to use Origin in order to play a game, it's back to my peg-legging parrot days where hopefully EA management are screaming "Yarr me jaxie!" as profits wane from stupid executive decisions like "Sorry you can't buy that game on Steam anymore, it's Origin only"

A New Beginning - Final Cut (Steam) D*P2D-YA35T-TALW0

* Movie title = World War ?
I was too slow, anyway +1
chezybezy: is it orgin that had that you must download within a year thing? and after that your stuffed if you need to redownload / havent downloaded yet?
I never heard about something like that, tbh. I guess not, I never had any problems like with my games. I'll check the FAQ :-)
But before I have to launch BF3. You know, I speaked about the game, and now I need to play it :-D

@varthshenon : maybe we will see each other one day in game :-)
Post edited July 14, 2013 by benderz
DarthWound: I was too slow, anyway +1
Or were you...? Check your PMs :)
Post edited July 14, 2013 by Tarnicus
awh righty. ill try read up some more, due to the kindness of one very special person i own a game on origin!
does a happy dance, actually thats what im gonna do tomorrow in my 3 hour gap!
G.A.M.E!
Post edited July 14, 2013 by chezybezy
benderz: I never heard about something like that, tbh. I guess not, I never had any problems like with my games. I'll check the FAQ :-)
But before I have to launch BF3. You know, I speaked about the game, and now I need to play it :-D
that's the problem, if you don't get a problem, you're fine :D , but if you start to get one ,in some cases , it's a nightmare. But granted , i heard they made some improvements with their client. Still i stay stick to one client or zero if possible.

And the politic of EA is just crap... never saw a distributor so greedy ....>.>
chezybezy: awh righty. ill try read up some more, due to the kindness of one very special person i own a game on origin!
does a happy dance, actually thats what im gonna do tomorrow in my 3 hour gap!
G.A.M.E!
Get A Midget Euthanised?

Frikkin weirdo! O_o
anyways im off guys im shatterd.
have a great evening.
So I load up Steam, and an example of "Fuck EA" and "fuck regional pricing" jumps out to me straight away with the Sims 3 http://store.steampowered.com/app/47890/

$79.99 reduced by 50% in the sale to $39.99 for a 4 year old game! (yes, a game played exclusively by 4 year olds lol)

Now if I add the magic code to check this out on the US Steam store, we find a completely different story

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47890/?cc=us

$29.99 reduced t0 $14.99

And then printed in big bold letters at the bottom of the page, is a perfect example of what I hate about the gaming industry, in particular EA.

"INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY THE SIMS 3 DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT. ACCESS TO ONLINE SERVICES REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT AND GAME REGISTRATION WITH THE PROVIDED ONE-TIME USE SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE AND ACTIVATE IN-GAME ADVERTISING FOR ALL THE SIMS 3 PRODUCTS PREVIOUSLY OR HEREAFTER INSTALLED."
DarthWound: I was too slow, anyway +1
Tarnicus: Or were you...? Check your PMs :)
Thanks a lot ! +1 again :)