It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

benderz: tl;dr : keep your money for a Steam box

niniendowarrior: Should I get a 3DS XL or Wii U or Vita this holiday season?
benderz: I have a Vita. I use it for... Youtube only :-(
Wii U owners says it's the same right now, but games will be released soon. You have to like Nintendo games, of course.
I guess the better choice is 3DS XL, a lot of good games.
I'd love to have a Steam Box too, but I'm huge on "portable" gaming, so I'd like one that I could play on the go in the house... and I think all 3 choices make that possible. I'm also leaning on the 3DS XL, but I'm thinking folks here might know something that I don't.

BTW, good MK run, mate! I'll start practicing MK2. :D
Post edited June 30, 2013 by niniendowarrior
Sachys: You should get a wacom and a big pile of books and mags on art and writing and spend the excess on related software ya daft numpty bastard! O_o7
niniendowarrior: I just don't happen to see that hobby become anything more than it is right now. ;-)

I just cannot rewire my head, so I'm fairly certain that my skills in painting sucks anyhow.
for the price of the hardware you're looking at you could easily get the pro versions of sketchbook for pc and tablet, a base level wacom (or other brand graphics tablet for far less) and a WHOLE SHITLOAD OF GAMES!

then you would know one way or another - rather than investing in what is likely to be a bad choice - my suggestion will give you several wins whether you continue on the creative front or not.

i can only wish i had that much money to play with / those kind of options in life. if i did, im so used to not having money i'd have to consider how far it can stretch to reach a balance between everything i want.

have you considered a console you dont have for instance - one you could bag cheap or second hand with a bunch of games for half the price?
Post edited June 30, 2013 by Sachys
Sachys: You should get a wacom and a big pile of books and mags on art and writing and spend the excess on related software ya daft numpty bastard! O_o7
Two things.

1. I'm happy were I am now in terms of that and while I'm 99% sure there's a laundry list of errors on my sketches it doesn't bother me because I don't know what they are.
2. I cannot rewire my head any other way and this is the only way I can finish artworks I start. I'd rather finish something than keep tapping 'delete'.

So, I'm fairly certain I'm stuck and limited and perhaps too old to change. :p
niniendowarrior: Two things.

1. I'm happy were I am now in terms of that and while I'm 99% sure there's a laundry list of errors on my sketches it doesn't bother me because I don't know what they are.
2. I cannot rewire my head any other way and this is the only way I can finish artworks I start. I'd rather finish something than keep tapping 'delete'.

So, I'm fairly certain I'm stuck and limited and perhaps too old to change. :p
see above edit
niniendowarrior: BTW, good MK run, mate! I'll start practicing MK2. :D
Not too much, I will loose again :-D

Like I said, I have a Vita. I regret buying this, I guess Wii U is better if you want to play at home. But the problem with the Wii U is the lack of original games from 3rd party editors. Some of them are good, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, etc... But we can play that on PC or others systems like PS3 and X360. That's why I think 3DS is the best choice. There is some good games on it, from Nintendo, 3rd party, indies (but too expensive for them).
niniendowarrior: I just don't happen to see that hobby become anything more than it is right now. ;-)

I just cannot rewire my head, so I'm fairly certain that my skills in painting sucks anyhow.
Sachys: for the price of the hardware you're looking at you could easily get the pro versions of sketchbook for pc and tablet, a base level wacom (or other brand graphics tablet for far less) and a WHOLE SHITLOAD OF GAMES!

then you would know one way or another - rather than investing in what is likely to be a bad choice - my suggestion will give you several wins whether you continue on the creative front or not.

i can only wish i had that much money to play with / those kind of options in life. if i did, im so used to not having money i'd have to consider how far it can stretch to reach a balance between everything i want.

have you considered a console you dont have for instance - one you could bag cheap or second hand with a bunch of games for half the price?
I am particularly waiting for the holidays to see if I can get some nice deals for them. It's a terribly expensive ordeal and if it comes to pass that I cannot afford them, I'll just go through the year without having bought any.

Sketchbook Express has been terribly limited, but it hasn't meant I cannot produce art that I can nod myself and say: "Ok. I accept this work." You're looking at a guy who hit level 32 on SWTOR without spending a dime. I can go much further in the name of "free to play". LOL.

niniendowarrior: BTW, good MK run, mate! I'll start practicing MK2. :D
benderz: Not too much, I will loose again :-D
I'm sure you'll kick my butt on MK2 because I don't have lag to help me anymore. LOL.

benderz: Like I said, I have a Vita. I regret buying this, I guess Wii U is better if you want to play at home. But the problem with the Wii U is the lack of original games from 3rd party editors. Some of them are good, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, etc... But we can play that on PC or others systems like PS3 and X360. That's why I think 3DS is the best choice. There is some good games on it, from Nintendo, 3rd party, indies (but too expensive for them).
Yes. You are right about the Wii U. Initially, since launch, I've always liked the Vita, but it seems that Sony forgot they had that machine. 3DS is going cheap right here in the shops, so... it'll be interesting to see what it looks like in the holidays.
Post edited June 30, 2013 by niniendowarrior
a Vita only if you plan to buy a PS4 later.
WiiU why?
3DS XL has the biggest selection of games
Schnuff: a Vita only if you plan to buy a PS4 later.
WiiU why?
3DS XL has the biggest selection of games
No PS4 for me.

WiiU - I like the TV/Tablet gameplay potential and the tablet-only portable gaming.

3DS XL seems like the logical choice.
niniendowarrior: WiiU - I like the TV/Tablet gameplay potential and the tablet-only portable gaming.

Now the only missing thingies are games....and the release schedule is late this year.

For me it was no question at all, RPGs are scarce on the Vita. And than the quality of
the PSP wasn't the best (2 PSP's died during playing)...so 3DS.

edit:
ahh, here is a question for you too ;-)
i am broke till mid July. So there is only the choice of 4 more games in this sale in the
$2,99 range. Now what would you suggest from this list? They are not very important for me, because
i have them boxed.
Enclave
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (DC)
Etherlords 2
Time Commando
Realms of Arkania 3
Realms of Arkania 1+2
Etherlords
Lords of Magic: Special Edition
Stronghold HD
Master of Magic
Spellforce Platinum
Lands of Lore™ 1+2

Still 5 days left maybe some of them are bundled?
Post edited June 30, 2013 by Schnuff
niniendowarrior: WiiU - I like the TV/Tablet gameplay potential and the tablet-only portable gaming.

Schnuff: Now the only missing thingies are games....and the release schedule is late this year.

For me it was no question at all, RPGs are scarce on the Vita. And than the quality of
Yes. WiiU is missing games and a lot of it. I am in no hurry for any of the 3. 3DS seems to be the most sane of the 3 although I really, really, really wanted to like the Vita.
Schnuff:
oohh Time Commando... I have fond memories of that game... ;p

but Lands of Lore and Etherlords 2 looks pretty good..
Post edited June 30, 2013 by Stooner

Schnuff: Now the only missing thingies are games....and the release schedule is late this year.

edit:
ahh, here is a question for you too ;-)
i am broke till mid July. So there is only the choice of 4 more games in this sale in the
$2,99 range. Now what would you suggest from this list? They are not very important for me, because
i have them boxed.
Enclave
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (DC)
Etherlords 2
Time Commando
Realms of Arkania 3
Realms of Arkania 1+2
Etherlords
Lords of Magic: Special Edition
Stronghold HD
Master of Magic

Still 5 days left maybe some of them are bundled?
$4.99Spellforce Platinum

$2.99Lands of Lore™ 1+2
I think I would pick up Spellforce... I wouldn't pick up Enclave, and Jack Orlando.
niniendowarrior: I really, really, really wanted to like the Vita.
Me too.
The only games i would like to have are:
Persona 4 The Golden (have Persona 4)
Disgaea 3
Dungeon Hunter alliance is shit
XBlaze coming this autumn
Destiny of Spirits winter release, worth a look same goes for:
Warrior's Lair and Final Fantasy 10 HD
not good looking is Lord of Apocalypse (winter)
and that are all games this year.

But maybe with the PS4 and the possible transfer to Vita.....
Schnuff: I think I would pick up Spellforce... I wouldn't pick up Enclave, and Jack Orlando.
niniendowarrior: I think I would pick up Spellforce... I wouldn't pick up Enclave, and Jack Orlando.
THIS!

Enclave (as i sadly found out) is a bit pants!
niniendowarrior: I think I would pick up Spellforce... I wouldn't pick up Enclave, and Jack Orlando.
Sachys: THIS!

Enclave (as i sadly found out) is a bit pants!
Yeah. I played through a few quests and found out it wasn't a very good game.