It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

niniendowarrior: Question. I noticed that I have Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta on my Steam account. How did I get this? Where did this come from?
dizcology: Once in a while I see games out of nowhere, perhaps it is followed by a time limit, like "13 days left"? I never played those, but presumably you can play those games only within the time limit.
Wouldn't Steam advertise it first though? As a Weekend free thing?
niniendowarrior: If I could give it to you, I would. :( I don't know how I got it in the first place.
Momo1991: Well do I look like that kind of girl ;-p

Srsly, will post the link I was referring to...;-)
Your post made me think that you'd want it. Oh there I go again looking like a buffoon.
Post edited June 05, 2013 by niniendowarrior
Well you are dressed like a southern gentleman, so I'd never, ever call you a buffoon! Ever...
Okay. I just poked through Steam a bit. It's just a clever time-demo.

"Open Beta Now Available

Join the Open Beta Now! Plus, if you purchase you can continue your progression and maintain your unlocks from the Open Beta to the full game!"
I was referring to this;

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/to_steamthanks/post1
Momo1991: Well you are dressed like a southern gentleman, so I'd never, ever call you a buffoon! Ever...
Why thank you. You look like a... ummm.... wide mouthed stick person? LOL. Here, have a KFC!
niniendowarrior: Okay. I just poked through Steam a bit. It's just a clever time-demo.

"Open Beta Now Available

Join the Open Beta Now! Plus, if you purchase you can continue your progression and maintain your unlocks from the Open Beta to the full game!"
Yup. GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY...
mondo84: Anybody in a rush for some oil?
te_lanus: me
Sent. :)
niniendowarrior: Okay. I just poked through Steam a bit. It's just a clever time-demo.

"Open Beta Now Available

Yup, just a tidbit of the actual game, just remember, the first one's free.
Momo1991: I was referring to this;

Well, I'll be damned. It's Steam and their clever slip of Beta passes to get players hooked at the game and then take it away from them when the game finally launches.

"Open Beta Now Available

MeImNot: Yup, just a tidbit of the actual game, just remember, the first one's free.
Then, this is the same deal as the Arma 3 Lite stuff.
Post edited June 05, 2013 by niniendowarrior
Momo1991: I was referring to this;

niniendowarrior: Well, I'll be damned. It's Steam and their clever slip of Beta passes to get players hooked at the game and then take it away from them when the game finally launches.
Clever marketing tactic but a bit underhanded if you ask me.
Personally it makes me less likely to play the game in the first place. Seeing that it has a time limit makes me think "What do I do when that time limit is up?" and the answer is....buy the game. And I am a cheap person so I probably won't buy it. If I did play it, then I'd have sunk time into a game that I probably won't ever play again. Time that could be spent on other games...
Post edited June 05, 2013 by MeImNot
MeImNot: Personally it makes me less likely to play the game in the first place. Seeing that it has a time limit makes me think "What do I do when that time limit is up?" and the answer is....buy the game. And I am a cheap person so I probably won't buy it.
Yeah, it is bound to backfire for many users but I bet it makes them a lot of dough.
niniendowarrior: Well, I'll be damned. It's Steam and their clever slip of Beta passes to get players hooked at the game and then take it away from them when the game finally launches.
Momo1991: Clever marketing tactic but a bit underhanded if you ask me.
It feels a bit like those freemium MMOs... dangling the carrot in front of you and then asking you to pay up.

"Open Beta Now Available

It is somewhat intrusive to my already crowded library :-(

They should at least have a smart algorithm or something that calculates the users' genre preferences before forcing a demo on us.

"Open Beta Now Available

dizcology: It is somewhat intrusive to my already crowded library :-(

They should at least have a smart algorithm or something that calculates the users' genre preferences before forcing a demo on us.
I suspect they are giving away these open betas to steam users who own Company of Heroes 1. Just a hunch.