It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Novotnus: Solution to Ackerman mystery sucks.
Inventory sucks.
3D is tolerable.
New case is fine if you liked Saw movies.
Ian: Apart from this - it was ******* fantastic O_O lmao
LOL. I hope I didn't offend you.

In addition, I think they should have stuck with the Chicago Killer case and fleshed that out into a game instead of rushing the entire thing.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by niniendowarrior
The rest is just like good old Still Life - collecting clues, connecting evidences, doing detective work.
I didn't like those segments where you play as the victim...
niniendowarrior: In addition, I think they should have stuck with the Chicago Killer case and fleshed that out into a game instead of rushing the entire thing.
I must second this statement. The treatment of that part wasn't really satisfying and they picked the most obvious suspect.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by Novotnus
niniendowarrior: LOL. I hope I didn't offend you.
heck no :)
Novotnus: The rest is just like good old Still Life - collecting clues, connecting evidences, doing detective work.
I didn't like those segments where you play as the victim...
I didn't like anything from the new murders. I wanted to stick forks in my eyes.

Novotnus: I must second this statement. The treatment of that part wasn't really satisfying and they picked the most obvious suspect.
Still-Life 1 ended with such a nutty cliffhanger, if there's anything a sequel should do... it's to be disciplined and see through the conclusion. Not start another story with a gas mask wearing dude that has no connection to it.

My idea of SL2 would've been that Vic walks through the LA murders to find out who the suspect is. so it maintains that link of investigating past murders.
niniendowarrior: LOL. I hope I didn't offend you.
Ian: heck no :)
Thank you and thank you for your generosity too.
niniendowarrior: I didn't like anything from the new murders. I wanted to stick forks in my eyes.
I wasn't THAT unhappy about the investigation. Hell, they even got me interested in the killer's identity : )

Novotnus: My idea of SL2 would've been that Vic walks through the LA murders to find out who the suspect is. so it maintains that link of investigating past murders.
I'd be happy with anything that concludes Ackerman's storyline in a good and surprising way. They decided to take boring and unsurprising way and add some south american soap opera - style family stuff.
Thanks for the spoiler-free spoilers to two games I've never played! ;)
niniendowarrior: I didn't like anything from the new murders. I wanted to stick forks in my eyes.
Novotnus: I wasn't THAT unhappy about the investigation. Hell, they even got me interested in the killer's identity : )
Let's just say that I was extremely unhappy with the entire thing. The victim playthroughs suck... and the investigation was pixel hunty.

Novotnus: I'd be happy with anything that concludes Ackerman's storyline in a good and surprising way. They decided to take boring and unsurprising way and add some south american soap opera - style family stuff.
I'd be OK with the resolution they went with, but they need to flesh it out and fix the story telling to make me care about who and why. What they did is just criminal.
Sachys: Thanks for the spoiler-free spoilers to two games I've never played! ;)
We try to keep it spoiler-free...
please can some1 help me please - i have Avencast on steam - is Avencast: Rise of the mage a different game ?
niniendowarrior:
You'd be better to keep it KFC free! O_o
Ian: please can some1 help me please - i have Avencast on steam - is Avencast: Rise of the mage a different game ?
I believe they are one and the same but not entirely sure

Edit just did a quick search and they are indeed the same game ;)
Post edited April 14, 2013 by SirEyeball
Ian: please can some1 help me please - i have Avencast on steam - is Avencast: Rise of the mage a different game ?
It looks like the same game. I'll do more googling.

It says on Steam that you already own Avencast: Rise of the Mage.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/46410/
thank you both - i have not found any information myself yet

errmmm how u know that mate O_O
Post edited April 14, 2013 by Ian
AFAIK it's the same game.
You may not need any further confirmation, Ian. But wikipedia has a lone entry for Avencast:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avencast:_Rise_of_the_Mage]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avencast:_Rise_of_the_Mage[/url]
Ian: thank you both - i have not found any information myself yet

errmmm how u know that mate O_O
I remember reading about avencast at some point and then it came out on steam as Avencast: Rise of the mage so I was not sure at that point but I am fairly sure that they are one and the same as Avencast in itself does not exist on steam (if you search avencast in the european version that is only Avencast: Rise of the mage comes up)