It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to GOG
DarkoD13: No problem. You can always try the cream cheese/sugar mixture to see if it's sweet enough for you. Just remember that the jam and chocolate will add to the overall sweetness.

EDIT: Turns out the glass I used was actually about 350 ml.

No. They have a much more intense flavor. They are cinnamon/caramel biscuits. They are usually advertised as coffee biscuits.
Is the Lotus brand sold in Denmark?
SirEyeball: Not sure will ask my local vendor ;) and yes momo is that not what you do an game sites ;)
You could use digestives, that's the usual choice for cheesecakes. But I loved the cinnamon flavor of speculoos. I also want to try it out with shortbread biscuits at some point. Also, use a machine for mixing the filling. We call them mixers, I'm not sure if that's the correct word.

This was my second baked cheesecake. I had made the first one with Raspberry Marshmallow Fluff instead of sugar, but I didn't like it.
Wellll usually it is me giving away secret recipes but carry on!
rodrolliv: Welcome to GOG
Looks tasty!
SirEyeball: Not sure will ask my local vendor ;) and yes momo is that not what you do an game sites ;)
DarkoD13: You could use digestives, that's the usual choice for cheesecakes. But I loved the cinnamon flavor of speculoos. I also want to try it out with shortbread biscuits at some point. Also, use a machine for mixing the filling. We call them mixers, I'm not sure if that's the correct word.

This was my second baked cheesecake. I had made the first one with Raspberry Marshmallow Fluff instead of sugar, but I didn't like it.
mixers sounds right to me we do have some cinnamon biscuits I think will suit the cake thx
Momo1991: Wellll usually it is me giving away secret recipes but carry on!
Well, as you said, this is the ninja thread. You have to drop a recipe once in a while. Feel free to share! :) Any tips on s'mores? I've wanted to try them out. I have chocolate, fluff, mini marshmallows. I'm not sure what kind of biscuits to use.
Momo1991: Wellll usually it is me giving away secret recipes but carry on!
DarkoD13: Well, as you said, this is the ninja thread. You have to drop a recipe once in a while. Feel free to share! :) Any tips on s'mores? I've wanted to try them out. I have chocolate, fluff, mini marshmallows. I'm not sure what kind of biscuits to use.
graham crackers!

And use the best chocolate you can find...

A campfire helps - just sayin.
Post edited April 03, 2013 by Momo1991
Momo1991: graham crackers!
Not sold here.

And I have no idea what they're supposed to taste like.

Can't I just use some fluff? Do I have to melt marshmallows on the pan?
Post edited April 03, 2013 by DarkoD13
DarkoD13: Not sold here.

WTF? No graham crackers in Greece? That is a crying shame...

Guess you'll need to make your own then, huh?
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/05/graham-crackers/
Post edited April 03, 2013 by Momo1991
Well I will go back to molesting my nvn game see ya all in a while
SirEyeball: Well I will go back to molesting my nvn game see ya all in a while
Bye!

Momo1991: WTF? No graham crackers in Greece? That is a crying shame...

Guess you'll need to make your own then, huh?
From what I see, petit beurre biscuits would be an acceptable substitute.
Are they eaten warm? I could use some vanilla fluff and just put everything in the oven? Or not?

They don't sell graham crackers in Greece!? Do they sell Teddy Grahams? Cause those are basically the same thing, but in the shape of teddy bears. Here are also some pretty good looking recipes for graham crackers, if you're a cooking kind of person:

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/06/26/homemade-graham-crackers-recipe/
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/graham-crackers-recipe/index.html
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-graham-crackers/

Edit: Petit Beurre would be acceptable, if that's the best you can find. You might want to consider adding a dot of honey, because graham crackers are infused with a slight honey taste that I dont think would be in these French biscuit.

And yes, just bake the whole big thing in the oven, until all gooey and warm. Mmm...
Post edited April 03, 2013 by RichieBerry
RichieBerry:
I don't think these products are sold in Europe in general. Wikipedia says digestive biscuits are the British equivalent of Graham crackers, so I might use them. I don't feel like baking at the moment.
Do you have a good s'more recipe to recommend? I currently have both mini marshmallows and fluff, so I'm good on that front.
RichieBerry: Edit: Petit Beurre would be acceptable, if that's the best you can find. You might want to consider adding a dot of honey, because graham crackers are infused with a slight honey taste that I dont think would be in these French biscuit.
OK, good to know. Thanks.
RichieBerry:
DarkoD13: I don't think these products are sold in Europe in general. Wikipedia says digestive biscuits are the British equivalent of Graham crackers, so I might use them. I don't feel like baking at the moment.
Do you have a good s'more recipe to recommend? I currently have both mini marshmallows and fluff, so I'm good on that front.
I'd use dark chocolate in this recipe myself - but then I ALWAYS adjust recipes to suit myself and the ingredient I have on hand - this isn't really baking, which requires a bit more finesse when adjusting so you should be fine.
RichieBerry:
DarkoD13: I don't think these products are sold in Europe in general. Wikipedia says digestive biscuits are the British equivalent of Graham crackers, so I might use them. I don't feel like baking at the moment.
I'd recommend using the mini marshmallows. They sort of puff up in a way that fluff wouldn't do, and the "skin of the marshmallow has a slightly different texture. Here's a recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/sure-fire-no-fire-smores-recipe/index.html
But it's pretty hard to go wrong with a s'more. This recipe does add the chocolate after you cook it, which I suppose would make it a bit less messy.
Post edited April 03, 2013 by RichieBerry