It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cj13810: its only 400 pages you 20 post a page buffoon
dracomage1996: Actually, it is 1101 pages. It says it right on the top and the bottom of the page.
Just above the New Post button at the top, just left of the Help button, there is a button "My Settings" in here you will find an option to display 50 posts per page. I suggest you use it, it is far more sensible for GOG posts.
dracomage1996: Actually, it is 1101 pages. It says it right on the top and the bottom of the page.
For us... default 20 posts per page buffoons it is :-(... For the expert readers, at 50 posts / page or so, it's much much less.
N0x0ss: Wow.... 1101 pages already !
441 actually
Robette: But Wpegg doesn't have an exhausting authority over what people make of his thread...
I agree with Azrael and Keeveek since having codes just vanish in the Internet nirvana does get very annoying and spoils the fun of giving anything. I really fail to see why someone would make this a matter of principal in regards of keeping the original arbitrary rule-set when it obviously struggles to handle the situation appropriately.
Indeed I don't, and I wouldn't enforce any if I did. My comments were meant to indicate the spirit this thread was started in. It was fun at the start, just me giving away, but people all joined in with the banter, and there were no scripters. Once the thread went a little more general with the giveaways then the scripters appeared (I think they were just warming up when I was doing it). So once the scripters showed up it did of course have to change. However as GR said, there are other places to give games away, I'd hope people could keep the spirit of the thread going (all welcome, bar scripters) given how it attracted many people to GOG, and really showed our community's kindness.
Trid: I think you exaggerating a little here. It's thread for giving away games in fast way, that's all.
WPegg(OP) stated several pages back that this thread was made to give anyone a chance to win a game quickly....no limits intended.

IMO riddles and the like allow anyone(with some effort) to grab said codes, while rep limits/join date limits unfairly limit some(albeit a small number) from getting a chance to win those games and I think it goes against the intent/"spirit" of the thread.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just stating how I feel on the matter.

Robette: But Wpegg doesn't have an exhausting authority over what people make of his thread...
I agree with Azrael and Keeveek since having codes just vanish in the Internet nirvana does get very annoying and spoils the fun of giving anything. I really fail to see why someone would make this a matter of principal in regards of keeping the original arbitrary rule-set when it obviously struggles to handle the situation appropriately.
wpegg: Indeed I don't, and I wouldn't enforce any if I did. My comments were meant to indicate the spirit this thread was started in. It was fun at the start, just me giving away, but people all joined in with the banter, and there were no scripters. Once the thread went a little more general with the giveaways then the scripters appeared (I think they were just warming up when I was doing it). So once the scripters showed up it did of course have to change. However as GR said, there are other places to give games away, I'd hope people could keep the spirit of the thread going (all welcome, bar scripters) given how it attracted many people to GOG, and really showed our community's kindness.
Dammit, ninja'd by the original ninja himself. *bows*
Post edited March 27, 2013 by GameRager
Trid: I think you exaggerating a little here. It's thread for giving away games in fast way, that's all.
GameRager: WPegg(OP) stated several pages back that this thread was made to give anyone a chance to win a game quickly....no limits intended.

IMO riddles and the like allow anyone(with some effort) to grab said codes, while rep limits/join date limits unfairly limit some(albeit a small number) from getting a chance to win those games and I think it goes against the intent/"spirit" of the thread.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just stating how I feel on the matter.
I know and I understand that, but I was here when the "scamer boom" happened so I understand keeveek too.

The topic evolved a little from that time (I guess it's not that fun to "ninja" game like it was before[url=D3N?-RUT4-CZ9X-NEX8][/url]) but in the end it's still about giving games to ppl and that's why I think you exaggerating that thing with req A little, it's not like it happen every day :)
Post edited March 27, 2013 by Trid
Trid: I know and I understand that, but I was here when the "scamer boom" happened so I understand keeveek too.
----------------------------
The topic evolved a little from that time (I guess it's not that fun "ninja" game like it was before) but in the end it's still about giving games to ppl and that's why I think you exaggerating that thing with req a little, it's not like it happen every day :)
I'd understand more if they chose to give as they wanted in other threads because of scammers, but why do it in this one as well?
---------------------
I admit it doesn't happen every day(requirements such as these). I didn't rave like a madman over Keeveek doing it, though. I simply stated how I felt, is all.

(But I ask: Why "evolve" anything rules-wise about thiss thread when there are other threads set up to allow similar gifting quickly but with requirements?)
high rated
6KMDW
M2R0*
0WVDT

*=0-9

YOUR MOM EATS POO IF YOU TAKE THIS KEY AND YOUR REP IS BELOW 100!
wpegg: Indeed I don't, and I wouldn't enforce any if I did. My comments were meant to indicate the spirit this thread was started in. It was fun at the start, just me giving away, but people all joined in with the banter, and there were no scripters. Once the thread went a little more general with the giveaways then the scripters appeared (I think they were just warming up when I was doing it). So once the scripters showed up it did of course have to change. However as GR said, there are other places to give games away, I'd hope people could keep the spirit of the thread going (all welcome, bar scripters) given how it attracted many people to GOG, and really showed our community's kindness.
Just to mention that, my comment wasn't meant in a snotty way, more in the sense of: "getting something started does not keep people from bringing their own take of it into the mix".
Trid: I know and I understand that, but I was here when the "scamer boom" happened so I understand keeveek too.
----------------------------
The topic evolved a little from that time (I guess it's not that fun "ninja" game like it was before) but in the end it's still about giving games to ppl and that's why I think you exaggerating that thing with req a little, it's not like it happen every day :)
GameRager: I'd understand more if they chose to give as they wanted in other threads because of scammers, but why do it in this one as well?
---------------------
I admit it doesn't happen every day(requirements such as these). I didn't rave like a madman over Keeveek doing it, though. I simply stated how I felt, is all.

(But I ask: Why "evolve" anything rules-wise about thiss thread when there are other threads set up to allow similar gifting quickly but with requirements?)
Cuz it's popular :)
GameRager: (But I ask: Why "evolve" anything rules-wise about thiss thread when there are other threads set up to allow similar gifting quickly but with requirements?)
Where are those threads? I can't see them. :p
Cleidophoros: 6KMDW
M2R0*
0WVDT

*=0-9

YOUR MOM EATS POO IF YOU TAKE THIS KEY AND YOUR REP IS BELOW 100!
NR +1 though
GameRager: (But I ask: Why "evolve" anything rules-wise about thiss thread when there are other threads set up to allow similar gifting quickly but with requirements?)
triock: Where are those threads? I can't see them. :p
1. Making one's own personal giveaway. 2. While not explicitly setup for that purpose, one could also use the "Gah, i've had enough of this forum" thread. 3. Pancakes
triock: Where are those threads? I can't see them. :p
Mostly give aways... They pop up from time to time...
Robette: Just to mention that, my comment wasn't meant in a snotty way, more in the sense of: "getting something started does not keep people from bringing their own take of it into the mix".
Not who you replied to, but: I never took it in a snotty way(just you offering your two cents).