It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timelord1963: I'd been wondering how the rep worked the last few days and I've a related, newbie question: when you +1 someone, is that done by rating their post, or is it something else?
Yeah... if you like somebody else's post..
It's pretty much used for giveaways nowadays..

Welcome to the forums! ;p
Timelord1963: Seems a really nice forum too; hello everyone :)
Howdy and thanks for the awesome offering, broke my F5 trying to redeem; have my +1 :-)

Speaking of which, I can say for certain that you get 1 rep for every day you post. That's 24 h. Checked it, that's how it works. CERTAIN! How much up-voting contributes is still a mystery to me.
Timelord1963: I'd been wondering how the rep worked the last few days and I've a related, newbie question: when you +1 someone, is that done by rating their post, or is it something else?
Stooner: Yeah... if you like somebody else's post..
It's pretty much used for giveaways nowadays..

Welcome to the forums! ;p
Thank you very much! And, now I know I'm doing this correctly, you have a +1 :)
Spinorial: Howdy and thanks for the awesome offering, broke my F5 trying to redeem; have my +1 :-)
I can fix that! *grins*

Timelord1963: <snip>
Hello and welcome :)
Post edited March 25, 2013 by chezybezy
Timelord1963: <snip>
chezybezy: Hello and welcome :)
Timelord1963: Seems a really nice forum too; hello everyone :)
Spinorial: Howdy and thanks for the awesome offering, broke my F5 trying to redeem; have my +1 :-)

Speaking of which, I can say for certain that you get 1 rep for every day you post. That's 24 h. Checked it, that's how it works. CERTAIN! How much up-voting contributes is still a mystery to me.
Thanks! :)

I guess the up-voting makes a fair difference as I've gained three points of rep in around an hour since first posting. Or maybe the lowest rep levels can increase a little more easily? Hmm. On second thoughts, I guess there's no easy way to tell...

In any case, thanks to all for the rep and very warm welcome to the board :)
Anyone want Waking Mars on Steam?
Sure :)

Thank you nightrunner, something to be said for being home sick and so freaking drowsy that you ninja all the other ninja's who seem to never sleep and are always faster than you. May have to try this Nyquil thing more often!
Post edited March 25, 2013 by teshra
DarkoD13: Maybe it fluctuates? Seriously, I've seen my rep increase twice in a day a few times, while other days it just won't budge.
niniendowarrior: It would go up if people up repped you, I think.
THIS......the 1 rep per day is only for posting....one can get extra rep from people uprating their posts or having their answer marked as a solution in a question thread.

firedrake62: I think rep only increase if you post, else it stay where it is after reaching 20. My last post is few days ago which increase the rep to 21; I did not posting since & it had stay at 21 since. I think with this post, my rep will move up by 1 after posting.
As I said, it only goes up a maximum of 1 rep per day when you post on that particular day. If you don't post on a given day then you don't get your 1 rep for posting that day.
Post edited March 25, 2013 by GameRager
GameRager: THIS......the 1 rep per day is only for posting....one can get extra rep from people uprating their posts or having their answer marked as a solution in a question thread.
I had done nothing worth up-repping on the days I noticed the twice-in-a-day increase.
Post edited March 25, 2013 by DarkoD13
GameRager: THIS......the 1 rep per day is only for posting....one can get extra rep from people uprating their posts or having their answer marked as a solution in a question thread.
DarkoD13: I had done nothing worth up-repping on the days I noticed the twice-in-a-day increase.
As long as enough people uprep something/several things you've written your rep will go up a point, even if none of your posts becomes high rated as a result of people uprating you.

P1na: It doesn't do anything, per se.
The rep points...they do nothing!
Post edited March 25, 2013 by GameRager
high rated
DarkoD13: I had done nothing worth up-repping on the days I noticed the twice-in-a-day increase.
GameRager: As long as enough people uprep something/several things you've written your rep will go up a point, even if none of your posts becomes high rated as a result of people uprating you.

P1na: It doesn't do anything, per se.
GameRager: The rep points...they do nothing!
After the bug I found a few hours ago, I'm convinced the rep system is simply broken.
9058W-J6DKK-0IBAI
Post edited March 25, 2013 by DarkoD13
DarkoD13: snip
Somebody ninja-ed it. Thanks anyway and +1 rep, even broken one. :-)
high rated
DarkoD13: snip
Madmate: Somebody ninja-ed it. Thanks anyway and +1 rep, even broken one. :-)
No rep needed, that was just a verification.

But is there a 20+ rep ninja that wants a DEFCON steam key ?
I like driving in muh truck........repping sucks.......um, I like to drive in mah truck......REPPING SUUUUUUCKS.

I like trrrrucks.
GameRager: I like driving in muh truck........repping sucks.......um, I like to drive in mah truck......REPPING SUUUUUUCKS.

I like trrrrucks.
:-))))
I uprepped you for this!!! :-p