It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

akhliber: Which beta were you playing?
Sachys: the keep stooner asleep demo!
haha :)
Is it working?
Stooner: Is it working?
YES now shut up and stop dreaming about GOG you weirdo!
...and that was a nicely timed finish to Space Marine! On with Spellforce:Platinum when it d/ls!
Sachys: ...and that was a nicely timed finish to Space Marine! On with Spellforce:Platinum when it d/ls!
Space Marine looks really awesome!

edit: I thought it was some kind of expansion for the RTS, but no!
Post edited March 24, 2013 by Stooner
Darthprymus: I think the best my reaches is 35kbs , well 100kbs for a short bit every month.
Damn....what kinda connection is that? Tin cans and string? 0.o

(Probably more like wireless, right?)
buckstone: wow I thought mine sucked at 130kbs..
Sachys: Depends on what you google! ;)

*tumbleweed
*Rimshot*
Sachys: ...and that was a nicely timed finish to Space Marine! On with Spellforce:Platinum when it d/ls!
Stooner: Space Marine looks really awesome!
It's a damn fine game.

Combat isnt as fluid as Batman - though similar for the CQC.

Though, I WILL point out - if yer a long time fan of W40K, you'll be disappointed with some elemtns as its been SLIGHTLY tweaked in the direction of hollywood for one or two minutes of plot.

Otherwise fully solid and immersive.

I only got to play it thanks to winning on SG (Cheers JMich!), but if you can grab it on offer you have a playthrough bargain - it's taken me nearly a week and ive played 3 or 4 hours a day so a good challenge too!
I love the more FPS/3PS W40K games......I have the PS2 W40K game somewhere around the house(Fire Warrior). Fun times.
Sachys: Though, I WILL point out - if yer a long time fan of W40K, you'll be disappointed with some elements as its been SLIGHTLY tweaked in the direction of Hollywood for one or two minutes of plot.
Ya know what makes me laugh & scratch my head/roll my eyes? In the past many people were saying they wished/hoped/dreamed games would become more like movies & become this grand cinematic experience. Now we have such experiences, and some want it to go back to the way it was. Some people i'll just never get. :\

*scratches head*
Post edited March 24, 2013 by GameRager
GameRager:
THAT was horrible! Had zero bearing on the 40k universe at the time and served only to get young kinds into it and sell a new set of badly designed models.

It was shortly before that I stopped collecting miniatures / playing - and id put up woth a lot of crap like that for a long time.

When they did the first DoW I was overjoyed as everything seemed to fit right.
By soulstorm i was underwhelmed in the slew of crap.

I avoided DoW2 on the advice of people I used to play with

Might give it a go now though after SM turned out decent - but I'll expect the same flaws in the universe etc

(in fairness I AHVE been playing 40k since it was still Rogue Trader though, so theres a bit of personal history bias with that)
GameRager: Ya know what makes me laugh & scratch my head/roll my eyes? In the past many people were saying they wished/hoped/dreamed games would become more like movies & become this grand cinematic experience. Now we have such experiences, and some want it to go back to the way it was. Some people i'll just never get. :\
I was never one of those people.
My point of beef being:

SPOILER!

In the 40k universe, women are not imperial guardsmen, they also do not flirt with space marines an the space marines have little or no interest having been both indoctrinated and chemically castrated during their transformation.
the space marines are giants - standing far taller than they appear in game, and the entire codex was thrown out the window with the final scenes.
also, a taint of chaos and exterminatus would have ben unleashed. the inquisition do not have marines, they have terminators.

I won't detail it more
Post edited March 24, 2013 by Sachys
Darthprymus: I think the best my reaches is 35kbs , well 100kbs for a short bit every month.
GameRager: Damn....what kinda connection is that? Tin cans and string? 0.o

Sachys: Depends on what you google! ;)

*tumbleweed
GameRager: *Rimshot*
Virgin mobile broadband2go
GameRager: Damn....what kinda connection is that? Tin cans and string? 0.o

*Rimshot*
Darthprymus: Virgin mobile broadband2go
With those download speeds i think i'd kill myself. I barely have any patience as it is, and i get 3.6MB/s.
Post edited March 24, 2013 by user deleted
Point Man: With those download speeds i think i'd kill myself. I barely have any patience as it is, and i get 3.6MB/s.
I think by now i just accepted my fate lol, still wish i had an alternative but it's either this or dial-up for now. Wish i had a connection like that, used to have a cable connection back in the day when i lived elsewhere miss that so bad 7-15mbs /drool .
Point Man: With those download speeds i think i'd kill myself. I barely have any patience as it is, and i get 3.6MB/s.
Darthprymus: I think by now i just accepted my fate lol, still wish i had an alternative but it's either this or dial-up for now. Wish i had a connection like that, used to have a cable connection back in the day when i lived elsewhere miss that so bad 7-15mbs /drool .
Oh sorry, i meant i get a 3.6Mb/s cap on Steam :p. These are my regular speeds. I can't wait till Google Fiber gets here. 1024Mb/s holy shit :DDDDDDDDDDDD.
Wait a minute.....broadband2go? 130Kb/s? Really? 0.o

Sachys: THAT was horrible! Had zero bearing on the 40k universe at the time and served only to get young kinds into it and sell a new set of badly designed models.
Bah, it was fun and had lots of shootin' & stuff. What's not to like? :P
Post edited March 24, 2013 by GameRager
chezybezy: again i miss all the fun! *stupid beta*

e: anyways im off guys totally shattered
Defiance on the 360 this time :P
i think i perfer it on the 360 to the pc at the moment, not sure why though.

Sachys: the keep stooner asleep demo!
that was an option?! *evil grin*
Post edited March 24, 2013 by chezybezy