It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stooner:
Aye - yer right. Still, shows some stuff that I don't think is in the current build.
im off for tonight
i should be back on tomorrow later on with a few more details :)
have a great evening
Stooner:
Sachys: Aye - yer right. Still, shows some stuff that I don't think is in the current build.
Thanks for your help... ;p
Stooner:
Okay, now we're having multidimensional warp tsunamis
high rated
You know Seanobi, and you too dracomage, I see your rep points generally getting lower and lower whenever I come to these boards and see many of your posts marked "low rated".

Draco has given up a few keys today it seems which is good karma but just some bit of advice for you two if you want to take it and try to turn things around on these forums...

1. Lay low for a good while. You guys are constantly in this thread looking for oppurtunities and asking for keys when those oppurtunities arise. Granted you can ninja keys anonymously when they are posted in any number of threads but hanging around wherever keys may be posted or giveaways are made is not winning you any friends.

2. This may seem minor but you guys constantly talk about giving back and making things right. Well, put your money where your mouth is. Constantly saying you will be part of the community and give back without doing it just makes your words hollow. Again, I understand draco has dropped a couple keys just now from wherever they were obtained from but I started this post before he did that. It still applies though I think.

3. Last, I see you guys in any number of giveaway threads for which you are eligible that don't have rep requirements. Maybe, just maybe, for a while you enter those giveaways for someone else instead of yourselves. Find someone in those threads who have been nice to you or whom you've benefited from and enter on their behalf. There's one giveaway thread going on right now where you can win 5 games and a few forum members have entered on behalf of a certain generous and valued member of this community to give him/her more chances. And yet there you are wanting 5 more games and saying you can't wait to give back one day. Again, it just rings hollow and this is one way to "give back" like you keep saying.

Take this however you will. Its just my opinion and nothing more. It also probably applies to more than just you two but you both are getting picked on a lot more as it is, just for being new, but there are some others who just do it better and more stealthily and have the benefit of being here longer. Its the nature of any website where there is the potential to obtain free games.

I don't know if this is good advice, bad advice or what. Its just something I've been aware of and noticed over the past week or so. It may be better to keep this to myself as everyone won't take it the way I intend and in the end, its always your call with what you do and how you handle adversity. The giveaways will still be there, the ninja thread still exists and free games are free games afterall and that tends to make people behave different than they would otherwise.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by teshra
teshra:
I think the very bones of your post could be turned into a good sticky for the forum actually. Sometimes we all need to place those values against ourselves and ask if we measure up so it's also a good reminder to us all!

Except stooner - but he wears a bib all the time ;)
low rated
teshra: You know Seanobi, and you too dracomage, I see your rep points generally getting lower and lower whenever I come to these boards and see many of your posts marked "low rated".

Draco has given up a few keys today it seems which is good karma but just some bit of advice for you two if you want to take it and try to turn things around on these forums...

1. Lay low for a good while. You guys are constantly in this thread looking for oppurtunities and asking for keys when those oppurtunities arise. Granted you can ninja keys anonymously when they are posted in any number of threads but hanging around wherever keys may be posted or giveaways are made is not winning you any friends.

2. This may seem minor but you guys constantly talk about giving back and making things right. Well, put your money where your mouth is. Constantly saying you will be part of the community and give back without doing it just makes your words hollow. Again, I understand draco has dropped a couple keys just now from wherever they were obtained from but I started this post before he did that. It still applies though I think.

3. Last, I see you guys in any number of giveaway threads for which you are eligible that don't have rep requirements. Maybe, just maybe, for a while you enter those giveaways for someone else instead of yourselves. Find someone in those threads who have been nice to you or whom you've benefited from and enter on their behalf. There's one giveaway thread going on right now where you can win 5 games and a few forum members have entered on behalf of a certain generous and valued member of this community to give him/her more chances. And yet there you are wanting 5 more games and saying you can't wait to give back one day. Again, it just rings hollow and this is one way to "give back" like you keep saying.

Take this however you will. Its just my opinion and nothing more. It also probably applies to more than just you two but you both are getting picked on a lot more as it is, just for being new, but there are some others who just do it better and more stealthily and have the benefit of being here longer. Its the nature of any website where there is the potential to win free games.

I don't know if this is good advice, bad advice or what. Its just something I've been aware of and noticed over the past week or so. It may be better to keep this to myself as everyone won't take it the way I intend and in the end, its always your call with what you do and how you handle adversity. The giveaways will still be there, the ninja thread still exists and free games are free games afterall.
Now that is very sound advice! I really wish I could put my money where my mouth is, but I am unemplyed at the moment. I am trying to do what I can, as far as a job goes. Only time will tell. I really do appreciate the games that people have been throwing out there. Of course, I am considerate myself, and I wait for a while for others to get them, or leave them alone altogether just to others a chance.

It is a hard time on a newcomer, such as myself, and I misunderstood the community at first as well, which also put me in a bad position. I will do what I can, when I can. But again, only time will tell. I know we should lay low for a while. The only games I love are RPGs (75-80% of the time). And otherwise ...

I really do see a nice community here. Things just didn't work out in my favor. Bad things happen to good people too, ya know? I love being here, I just hate I have to lay low, that's the only thing. All in all:

I really appreciate the time you have taken to give us advice, and things like that really mean a lot to me. Hopefully, in the future, we can all be great friends here. It really is just my misunderstanding of the forum, and I can see both sides of the fence, as far as opinions and the way that other people see things go. I like, I mean, LOVE it here...

I just hope people will understand over time. And also, once again, I really appreciate your time giving us advice like this. That truly shows character, and others helping people is absolutely golden... Which pretty much represents the GOG community here. :)
nimbot96: I've decided to go with Bioshock Infinite (Steam) and Alan Wake (GoG)
It juust fits within my giveaway budget, so expect a giveaway in a few weeks :)
dracomage1996: Hey Nimbot, did you ever get in contact with the scammer?
nop :/
Post edited March 15, 2013 by nimbot96
nimbot96:
Thats pants!
Hopefully something will turn out for you!
low rated
dracomage1996: Hey Nimbot, did you ever get in contact with the scammer?
nimbot96: nop :/
terrible. I hate those kinds of people.
teshra:
Sachys: I think the very bones of your post could be turned into a good sticky for the forum actually. Sometimes we all need to place those values against ourselves and ask if we measure up so it's also a good reminder to us all!

I completely second Sachys comments - Excellent points teshra and nicely put in a kind and respectful manner.

Seanobi, I meant every word I said when I posted a few days ago...try to listen to what is being said to you and find a way to be a bit less "needy". I really, really get where you're at - young, unemployed and gee, here is this great place with lots of candy... but life is about balance. If you take this unbalanced attitude into work (when you finally find it), it will get you into trouble. If you take this unbalanced attitude into your relationships...well view what's happened the last few days as a microcosm of life.

And let me remind you that there are plenty of unemployed peeps - you aren't the only person struggling to make ends meet in this community. Being jobless is no excuse for bad behavior - and greediness is bad behavior. No one owes you free RPG's because you don't have a job but many here will gladly gift them to those a bit less fortunate. But thinking and acting like you just got handed the keys to the candy store and can now do whatever you please will absolutely ensure that no one will ever hand you the keys ever again.

Anyway, I hope you can hear what peeps are endeavoring to communicate to you and hear it for what it is - helpful suggestions - not Seanobi bashing.

Dracomage, I do see some effort on your part - now the proof is in the pudding. Keep at it - it won't go unnoticed...

Finally, I realize that my comments are just the opinion of an older female gamer and so easily discounted but I urge you both to heed the words of your peers. This is a great community - let them give you something more valuable than a few free games.
nimbot96: Hey guys

I've been meaning to do a giveaway and want to make it something extraordinary. I thought Borderlands 2 would be a good game to start on, but because of recent events I'm gonna pick another game.. The giveaway itself will happen in a few weeks time because I'll have to save up for it. I want to give the community a game it wants... so

Question: What game do you think I should giveaway? (Budget: Unlimited... well.. I prefer under $100 and preferably steam also)

EDIT: Why when I posted this comment it sent me two pages back?
If I can throw my 2 cents in here (you have the time I gather) I just picked up anno 2070 that is a worthy game for a give away (I already have it but its grand) Maybe the full game with all the DLC. Also before deciding make sure to check whats on sale might be some ducies on at the time.

Well back from X-com (The latest) anything good worth going back for? Otherwise I'll just start from here ;)
Post edited March 16, 2013 by SirEyeball
low rated
Sachys: I think the very bones of your post could be turned into a good sticky for the forum actually. Sometimes we all need to place those values against ourselves and ask if we measure up so it's also a good reminder to us all!

Momo1991: I completely second Sachys comments - Excellent points teshra and nicely put in a kind and respectful manner.

Seanobi, I meant every word I said when I posted a few days ago...try to listen to what is being said to you and find a way to be a bit less "needy". I really, really get where you're at - young, unemployed and gee, here is this great place with lots of candy... but life is about balance. If you take this unbalanced attitude into work (when you finally find it), it will get you into trouble. If you take this unbalanced attitude into your relationships...well view what's happened the last few days as a microcosm of life.

And let me remind you that there are plenty of unemployed peeps - you aren't the only person struggling to make ends meet in this community. Being jobless is no excuse for bad behavior - and greediness is bad behavior. No one owes you free RPG's because you don't have a job but many here will gladly gift them to those a bit less fortunate. But thinking and acting like you just got handed the keys to the candy store and can now do whatever you please will absolutely ensure that no one will ever hand you the keys ever again.

Anyway, I hope you can hear what peeps are endeavoring to communicate to you and hear it for what it is - helpful suggestions - not Seanobi bashing.

Dracomage, I do see some effort on your part - now the proof is in the pudding. Keep at it - it won't go unnoticed...

Finally, I realize that my comments are just the opinion of an older female gamer and so easily discounted but I urge you both to heed the words of your peers. This is a great community - let them give you something more valuable than a few free games.
I completely agree with you... I don't take things for granted, at all... I am 24... It is just how things are right now, and I am not trying to be greedy at all. In fact, I take peoples hearts and souls and thier giving ways, as the gold, and not the materials they present. I am not materialistic in anyway. It may sound like it, but I am not. I take people from who they are, and how they are, as the actual gift. :)

I whole-heartedly agree :)
SirEyeball: I just picked up anno 2070
I hate you!

;)
SirEyeball: I just picked up anno 2070
Sachys: I hate you!

;)
I bought it on sale mind you. So it was not a giveaway.