It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

chezybezy: last laptop i had in with a failed screen - it turned out the internal ribbon cable had worked ever so slightly loose. always worth a check if you feel comfortable taking one apart... maybe??
Ian: **Ian passes hammer :D
GRINS

im thinking either loose cable, loose connection or power issues. but its been a while since ive had my head in the game so maybe best to ignore me :P
Momo1991:
Heheh!

On a related note, how difficult is it to take apart an old laptop, remove the drive and hookup for data retrieval - ive one to do and a mate smashed his (suffers anger issues)?
Momo1991:
Sachys: Heheh!

On a related note, how difficult is it to take apart an old laptop, remove the drive and hookup for data retrieval - ive one to do and a mate smashed his (suffers anger issues)?
on a scale of 1 to 10? - about -3. :)

does depend a little on the laptop but the older ones are usually a lot more modular (refuses to say slid in and out)

but its more finding the correct cable to convert from laptop style hdd's to a standard desktop size connection (sata or ide). a converter is really cheap. i picked up a full conversion kit even with external power for under £3 (for the same data retrieval reasons).
Post edited March 13, 2013 by chezybezy
Elvin37: Good day to you people today I had to switch my laptops monitor to an external one which happens to be widescreen. why does the world hate me haha
Momo1991: If I can buy a replacement screen, google instructions on how to take apart my laptop, unplug the cracked screen and install the replacement then anyone can do it! It helps to have two people though...one to hold the screen and the other to search inside the casing for the dropped screws...
I think for the price of a new screen I could create a far better desktop than this laptop is haha
Sachys: On a related note, how difficult is it to take apart an old laptop, remove the drive and hookup for data retrieval - ive one to do and a mate smashed his (suffers anger issues)?
Not too hard, especially if you have the manual to guide you. The screws might be problematic, though, if they're old and hard to turn.
Spinorial:
probably will be on mine - though i figured id just get mr.rage to "open" it for ease, then put him back in his cage and put the hose on him!
Momo1991: If I can buy a replacement screen, google instructions on how to take apart my laptop, unplug the cracked screen and install the replacement then anyone can do it! It helps to have two people though...one to hold the screen and the other to search inside the casing for the dropped screws...
Elvin37: I think for the price of a new screen I could create a far better desktop than this laptop is haha
I think I paid around $100 for the replacement screen... but then it's a fairly new ASUS so it was pretty easy to find. Too bad it needs recharging though..stupid cord, stupid dark hotel rooms...
Ian hows your day going so far? any better then yesterday?
chezybezy: Ian hows your day going so far? any better then yesterday?
he offered free sex - one way or another, something is "raging" about him! heheh!

SWORD OF THE STARS: BTY2H

Towards the Pantheon you must look at Easter to see what you need next. Find the metal gods amid their intervention!
Post edited July 02, 2013 by Sachys
chezybezy: Ian hows your day going so far? any better then yesterday?
Sachys: he offered free sex - one way or another, something is "raging" about him! heheh!
true!
very true!
Elvin37: I think for the price of a new screen I could create a far better desktop than this laptop is haha
Momo1991: I think I paid around $100 for the replacement screen... but then it's a fairly new ASUS so it was pretty easy to find. Too bad it needs recharging though..stupid cord, stupid dark hotel rooms...
Hm this one is 4 - 5 years old might have trouble finding a replacement
does anyone else have the page refresh to the previous page (394) when they refresh or post a new message, ONLY in this thread?
Momo1991: I think I paid around $100 for the replacement screen... but then it's a fairly new ASUS so it was pretty easy to find. Too bad it needs recharging though..stupid cord, stupid dark hotel rooms...
Elvin37: Hm this one is 4 - 5 years old might have trouble finding a replacement
depends on the brand usually more then age.
Post edited March 13, 2013 by chezybezy
chezybezy: does anyone else have the page refresh to the previous page (394) when they refresh or post a new message, ONLY in this thread?
It goes back like 3 pages for me
chezybezy: does anyone else have the page refresh to the previous page (394) when they refresh or post a new message, ONLY in this thread?
Elvin37: It goes back like 3 pages for me
just started tonight, odd.
at least its not me.
i wonder if yours being 3 pages, is due to me having the number of posts shown per page setting different to yours?
Elvin37: It goes back like 3 pages for me
one page for me, but yeah - found closing the tab and reloading the forum, then the thread every now and then works