It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirEyeball: HOI 3 is excellent BTW
Sachys: It's deep! Still trying to figure out the basics
I actually like Hoi2 better but that is because I still need to figure all the new stuff in hoi3 I think. There are a lot of changes and I am not sure all are for the better I think I have to do a marathon sometime to get to the bottom of it
SirEyeball: It is a safe bet to say Steam unless otherwise stated. Though it just a guideline.
Landeril: Makes sense. Thank you. :)
np
Post edited March 10, 2013 by SirEyeball
SirEyeball: I actually like Hoi2 better but that is because I still need to figure all the new stuff in hoi3 I think. There are a lot of changes and I am not sure all are for the better I think I have to do a marathon sometime to get to the bottom of it
I think most Paradox aficionados grade HoI2 higher than the sequel - the old Europa engine certainly has its fans, myself among them. I still need to try Darkest Hour or AoD, though - they are undoubtedly a definitive improvement over the original. Pdox modders know their stuff :-)
SirEyeball:
Never played the others, but used to play similar tabletop games in the 90s. Think I've been spoiled by many PC strategies though - I've had HOI3 for about a week and still eeking into utter basics of the interface and whatnot. Though I'm sure it will keep me goinf for a long time once I get around that
SirEyeball: I actually like Hoi2 better but that is because I still need to figure all the new stuff in hoi3 I think. There are a lot of changes and I am not sure all are for the better I think I have to do a marathon sometime to get to the bottom of it
Spinorial: I think most Paradox aficionados grade HoI2 higher than the sequel - the old Europa engine certainly has its fans, myself among them. I still need to try Darkest Hour or AoD, though - they are undoubtedly a definitive improvement over the original. Pdox modders know their stuff :-)
Thats true the same goes for CK2 that one improves greatly with mods so HOI 3 would too I guess. I actually never played with any mods for any of theHOI any good ones to recommend besides darkest hour as that one went from mod to game rather fast?
Good thing we got to talking I am installing it as we speak it was a bit forgotten( I always liked EU 3 better but is in a bit of a rut with that one)
SirEyeball:
Sachys: Never played the others, but used to play similar tabletop games in the 90s. Think I've been spoiled by many PC strategies though - I've had HOI3 for about a week and still eeking into utter basics of the interface and whatnot. Though I'm sure it will keep me goinf for a long time once I get around that
that is actually my problem with it. It seems rather intricate and I might even have to read the manual something I abhors ;)
Post edited March 10, 2013 by SirEyeball
Sachys: Never played the others, but used to play similar tabletop games in the 90s. Think I've been spoiled by many PC strategies though - I've had HOI3 for about a week and still eeking into utter basics of the interface and whatnot. Though I'm sure it will keep me goinf for a long time once I get around that
I only got into EU2 when I was stuck on a laptop that could handle little else. Now, it's one of my top-most favourites.
high rated
Harvey's new eyes
Poor ninjas they jump every time this thread gets a post and here its just us discussing fantastic strategy games. I do Think Paradox has made the best of the kind by miles and followed on a distant second by TW (I still need to complete a TW game. Best is Middle ages 2 with the LOTR mod)
hmm posts wont post....

oh typical it posts that for the last 20 mins all iv had was "Please wait. Processing..."

well rewind 20mins and hello guys!
Post edited March 10, 2013 by chezybezy
high rated
Since people refuse to trade Humble Bundle keys I'm hoping this will raise my karma a lil' bit.
Who's looking for some Dynamite?

Edit: Let me rephrase it. If you are looking for Dynamite Jack, say so.
Post edited March 10, 2013 by Zorder
SirEyeball:
Agreed - though I've never played any of the mods as I was one of the people for whom the expansion had an awful CTD problem and the mod requires it i believe.
Ian: Harvey's new eyes
If noone else wants it I'll take it please
chezybezy:
I've had a similar problem today
If I'm not too late, can I?
BlackDawn: If I'm not too late, can I?
sorry got it already
That's ok