It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adambiser: It didn't work. Steam's keys suck that way.

But that's OK. Thanks anyway, tarunmutreja!
tarunmutreja: Hey no harm in trying... now i know how steam keys work ;)
We all learned something. =)
http://www.humblebundle.com/
Can anyone gift me an gift url? 1 dollar ( I don't want the Above the Average)
It seems my card is not getting accepted...
Thank you in advance.
laur3ntziu00: I used Steam and i really want to try metro 2033 and saints row 3...
Sorry mate adambiser tried it.. but it doesn't work... apparently steam keys are not like GOG keys

If you want you can grab these and many other games at https://www.humblebundle.com/

Min. Price = $1
tarunmutreja: I have a bundle code for steam... i already owned some of the games on the bundle so they might still be there

If anyone does not have Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033 post here and i will send you the code

Don't blame me if it doesn't work.. cause i honestly don't know if it will
One the bundle page it should say somewhere that "Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own". Sadly, that's the way Steam codes work, as other have said already, with the exception of a select few. GOG's way is much better.
Post edited November 29, 2012 by Vorax
Vorax: One the bundle page it should say somewhere that "Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own". Sadly, that's the way Steam codes work, as other have said already, with the exception of a select few. GOG's way is much better.
It's right, but sometimes it's better. For example, I received in my inventory BIT.TRIP RUNNER 24 hours after redeemed the HIB 6 (I already had it before buying HIB 6). So maybe a miracle can arrive in the next days :-D
Vorax: One the bundle page it should say somewhere that "Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own". Sadly, that's the way Steam codes work, as other have said already, with the exception of a select few. GOG's way is much better.
Just read that... I was really hoping to give those away... In fact I didn't want to redeem all the games in the first place.. just wanted one game from the bundle
tarunmutreja: Just read that... I was really hoping to give those away... In fact I didn't want to redeem all the games in the first place.. just wanted one game from the bundle
Well, one solution to that would be if the Humble Bundles contained individual keys to each of the games, but they don't, because technically you're not supposed to give the keys away.
tarunmutreja: Just read that... I was really hoping to give those away... In fact I didn't want to redeem all the games in the first place.. just wanted one game from the bundle
Vorax: Well, one solution to that would be if the Humble Bundles contained individual keys to each of the games, but they don't, because technically you're not supposed to give the keys away.
Yeah that is what the problem is.. they usually provide separate keys for all the games in the bundle... why should it be an issue if i give away keys to somebody else... its not like two people are playing a game on a single key... if you can gift a bundle... one should certainly be able to give away keys
tarunmutreja:
I could try it, I don't have any of those... pretty please~! :D
tarunmutreja:
Azrael360: I could try it, I don't have any of those... pretty please~! :D
adambiser already tried... it doesn't work... i have edited the post above now
tarunmutreja: adambiser already tried... it doesn't work... i have edited the post above now
Don't worry and I hope I didn't bother you. Thanks anyway and +1 to you for your generosity.
tarunmutreja:
Azrael360: I could try it, I don't have any of those... pretty please~! :D
adambiser already tried
Post edited November 29, 2012 by laur3ntziu00
tarunmutreja: adambiser already tried... it doesn't work... i have edited the post above now
Azrael360: Don't worry and I hope I didn't bother you. Thanks anyway and +1 to you for your generosity.
No Prob... I forgot to make the edit.. i wanna thank you rather for reminding me ;)
tarunmutreja: Yeah that is what the problem is.. they usually provide separate keys for all the games in the bundle...
In my experience they don't. I don't have all bundles but I think the keys are always grouped. There's one key for the $1+ package, another key for the "beat the average" package and IIRC there's usually another one for all games that are added when the bundle has already been available for some time.

Stupid story btw: I basically only bought the bundle for the OSTs and Saints Row as I already owned all other games, HOWEVER, I only had the "Eastern" version of Darksiders which did not contain the original English language version and does not support Steamcloud, so I wasted all other games just to finally get the English version of that one. Gotta *love* Steam and HB. -.-
tarunmutreja: Yeah that is what the problem is.. they usually provide separate keys for all the games in the bundle...
F4LL0UT: In my experience they don't.
The only time I've experienced them giving individual steam keys is for the Android bundles. All other ones I've purchased have 1 mass key that unlocks all the games you purchased. You're redeeming a Humble Bundle Key, not individual game keys.

Steam does not give you extra keys of duplicates you have unless it's explicitly stated that they will. I forget what few game bundles will let you have the extra keys (I think they may be Valve specific bundles).

EDIT: I think the individual keys for the android bundles are due to the fact that phone games are not always available on PC and so the whole bundle is not put in a steam key (and future PC releases aren't gauranteed to the bundle owner) so the developer gives their game's steam keys. The other bundles are PC specific so the entire "humble bundle" is already steam and made into one bundle.
Post edited November 29, 2012 by Braussie