It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but where are folks getting these huge piles of games to trade? I've got one game on GOG that I'd trade if I could, but it was part of a bundle so is inextricable. I don't quite get why someone has a stack of 30+ games to trade. Were the games from giveaway promos? Or bought during a sale as a kind of trading investment for when the price went back up? Or just a lot of impulse buys they never got around to playing?

Just wondering, thanks.
IAmSinistar: Sorry to sound like an idiot, but where are folks getting these huge piles of games to trade? I've got one game on GOG that I'd trade if I could, but it was part of a bundle so is inextricable. I don't quite get why someone has a stack of 30+ games to trade. Were the games from giveaway promos? Or bought during a sale as a kind of trading investment for when the price went back up? Or just a lot of impulse buys they never got around to playing?

Just wondering, thanks.
My guess would be some of the various bundles and sales that abound.
Is anyone interested in trading a Gamersgate gift of the Total Annihilation Commander Pack for one of these promo games on GOG: KKND 2: Krossfire, Independence War Deluxe, or Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare? Shoot me a PM. Thanks!
Thanks to klaattu for a successful trade!
I'm in a position where my younger brother is moving from the home. As such, he's taking games, game systems, so forth with him, but some time prior to this while I myself was away for school, our Playstation 2 was damaged, broken, so forth. It won't spin the disks, so it can't read games anymore.

This is where you guys kind of come in. I've tried a few different venues to try and get a replacement. I had someone pegged just yesterday to try and get a replacement for $20, but he didn't give me any ability to do so and hasn't followed up on my offer. So, I'm asking members, if you have any Playstation 2 consoles that you don't need, don't use, don't want, so forth, and I'd like to purchase, or if someone is so generous to offer for free or for just shipping cost. So, I'd like offers, requests, so forth. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from someone.
IAmSinistar: Sorry to sound like an idiot, but where are folks getting these huge piles of games to trade? I've got one game on GOG that I'd trade if I could, but it was part of a bundle so is inextricable. I don't quite get why someone has a stack of 30+ games to trade. Were the games from giveaway promos? Or bought during a sale as a kind of trading investment for when the price went back up? Or just a lot of impulse buys they never got around to playing?

Just wondering, thanks.
bundles, bundles, and more bundles

i have at least a dozen games to eventually put up in the ninja section in the future
QC: I'm in a position where my younger brother is moving from the home. As such, he's taking games, game systems, so forth with him, but some time prior to this while I myself was away for school, our Playstation 2 was damaged, broken, so forth. It won't spin the disks, so it can't read games anymore.

This is where you guys kind of come in. I've tried a few different venues to try and get a replacement. I had someone pegged just yesterday to try and get a replacement for $20, but he didn't give me any ability to do so and hasn't followed up on my offer. So, I'm asking members, if you have any Playstation 2 consoles that you don't need, don't use, don't want, so forth, and I'd like to purchase, or if someone is so generous to offer for free or for just shipping cost. So, I'd like offers, requests, so forth. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from someone.
The Playstation 2 system has a known defect causing disc read errors, you may be experiencing something related to this. Consider contacting Sony. There was a class action suit I believe related to the spindle of the PS2 machine warping and malfunctioning. Although your system is out of warranty it may still be covered under those terms. IIRC part of this is that if you moved your PS2 horizontally or vertically (if could be held stationary either way) the spindle would tend to fall more in that direction. There are some vague details on the PS2 wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2#Disc_Read_Error_.28DRE.29_Lawsuit

I don't know if Sony will still repair PS2s free (they fixed mine) but you would have to send it to them and they returned in a reasonable timeframe. If you contact them PM me with the results, I'd be curious.
QC: I'm in a position where my younger brother is moving from the home. As such, he's taking games, game systems, so forth with him, but some time prior to this while I myself was away for school, our Playstation 2 was damaged, broken, so forth. It won't spin the disks, so it can't read games anymore.

undeadcow: The Playstation 2 system has a known defect causing disc read errors, you may be experiencing something related to this. Consider contacting Sony. There was a class action suit I believe related to the spindle of the PS2 machine warping and malfunctioning. Although your system is out of warranty it may still be covered under those terms. IIRC part of this is that if you moved your PS2 horizontally or vertically (if could be held stationary either way) the spindle would tend to fall more in that direction. There are some vague details on the PS2 wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2#Disc_Read_Error_.28DRE.29_Lawsuit

I don't know if Sony will still repair PS2s free (they fixed mine) but you would have to send it to them and they returned in a reasonable timeframe. If you contact them PM me with the results, I'd be curious.
Wasn't that just with the old model Playstations? (vanishing for a bit, back in an hour)
undeadcow: The Playstation 2 system has a known defect causing disc read errors, you may be experiencing something related to this. Consider contacting Sony. There was a class action suit I believe related to the spindle of the PS2 machine warping and malfunctioning. Although your system is out of warranty it may still be covered under those terms. IIRC part of this is that if you moved your PS2 horizontally or vertically (if could be held stationary either way) the spindle would tend to fall more in that direction. There are some vague details on the PS2 wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2#Disc_Read_Error_.28DRE.29_Lawsuit

QC: Wasn't that just with the old model Playstations? (vanishing for a bit, back in an hour)
I had that problem - it was to do with some cog with different tiers on the disc reader (think each tier was a region) - by finding it and fiddling about you could fix it (give it a google) - hope it helps

QC: Wasn't that just with the old model Playstations? (vanishing for a bit, back in an hour)
I'm not sure, it may be the disc read error material is only relevent to the early model bulky Playstation 2's but if I were you I'd contact Sony just to check on the possibility of a free repair due to faulty part. I don't think I've heard anything abotu Sony changing the defective part and they didn't initially acknowledge any problem with it until settling a lawsuit so changes to later PS2 models seem unlikely but it's unclear.
Crsldmc: Highly Interested in Mount & Blade Collection $17.49 Pick various games from my list and send me your offer so we can get started :)
cdnred: Not that it helps you or anyone else (at this moment), but Amazon has amazing deals with Paradox published titles usually. I got the Mount and Blade collection minus the Napolleonic DLC for $7.50 about a week and a half ago (non-Steam) and their Crusader Kings Pack (CK1 complete + CK2 with all but the most recent Old Gods related DLCs) for $10 last January or February.

I'm not suggesting the current deal on Steam is bad, just that keeping an eye on Amazon (at least for US customers) can net some really cheap deals on Paradox titles.
Thanks for the heads up! I can trade for amazon deals aswell!! I'll go check, thanks!
Alright, I'll see what I can do about that playstation then. Though, I'll still need a second unit for myself to use.
low rated
Anyone at all?

No?

Is anyone interested in my deal?
I want either GTA4 or SR3 or, basically, any other game at all i am interested in.

I will give you 25 steam trading cards for it. Civ 5, Skyrim, Binding of Isaac, CSGO, HL2, L4D2, Steam summer getaway...
alexanderthegrea: Anyone at all?

No?

Is anyone interested in my deal?
I want either GTA4 or SR3 or, basically, any other game at all i am interested in.

I will give you 25 steam trading cards for it. Civ 5, Skyrim, Binding of Isaac, CSGO, HL2, L4D2, Steam summer getaway...
Just sell your cards on the marketplace. Even if you only get $0.20 per card, then you would have $5.00 total in your wallet, which would have been enough to buy GTA4.
Post edited July 12, 2013 by OvaltineJenkins
Have: Civilization IV (Steam Gift ready to trade - meet and trade through Steam interface.)

Want to trade for: Expeditions: Conquistador (On sale, Steam - $9.99)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237430/?snr=1_7_15__13

I would be forever grateful if someone would be so kind. I realize it's not the best deal but I am broke right now and have Civ IV as a Steam gift hoping to make this trade. <fingers crossed>

Thanks for reading! =)