It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To my previous list of new unfulfilled releases for this thursday I forgot to add (as it wasn't on metacritic's list):

Barrow Hill: The Dark Path
Which was released kind of as a surprise, as it is the sequel for the cult classic Barrow Hill: Curse Of The Ancient Circle. And people have been impatiently waiting for this sequel since 2006. The original was a well received node adventure game in the same vein as the Dark Fall trilogy..
The first one also got released this thursday (yesterday already) , so it would have been a great oportunity to have both featured here. We have the Dark Falls and Scratches, after all; and for all I read, at least the first one is on par. In fact, Matt Clark (Barrow Hill) and Jonathan Boakes (Dark Fall) help each other in their respective games.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by rgnrk
rodrolliv: Yeah, I remember the shit storm over Maxis and Bioware, back when they announced that DRM for both Spore and Mass Effect. They eventually provided an official way to bypass it and switch to a cd check. All that was way before the launch of Origin...
Yeah, I had already had some bad experiences with EA's DRM and other anti-consumer practices at that point to put them on my shit list, but the extreme DRM on Spore not only convinced me not to buy the game, but to put EA on my "dead to me" list back in 2008 or so, and I've never bought a game from them since - except DRM-free here on GOG, which is the only place I'll make exceptions for companies on my boycott list. They have a chance to redeem themselves by releasing games here, but they'll never see my money outside of GOG.
So, my highlighted list of games from tomorrow/today's releases.

<span class="bold">Burly Men At Sea</span>
Hipster comedic adventure. Set in early 20th-century Scandinavia, the game's story branches through a series of encounters with creatures from folklore.
It has several festival awards, a peculiar graphic style, and it's an adventure; so it's probably going to be hated by the regular indie haters.

<span class="bold">Wuppo</span>
Fight, collect and puzzle your way to a new home.
Another good looker -for me- and well hated -for them-.

<span class="bold">Hybrid Wars</span>
Futuristic top-down mech shooter.

<span class="bold">Particle Fleet: Emergence</span>
(Releases tomorrow according to metacritic, but friday according to steam)
Physics/strategy/RTS/fleet hybrid.
Some people were hoping for this one.

<span class="bold">The Metronomicon</span>
Silly rhythm RPG game.
Praised by TB in the last pax.
Post edited September 29, 2016 by rgnrk
rgnrk: <span class="bold">Particle Fleet: Emergence</span>
I am :)
I really loved the Creeper World trilogy, and was hoping for a release of this one here ! So it's great !

The latest release I regret to not see here is the last Soldak Entertainment game : Zombasite. It would have been a nice release during the sale. Well, I hope we'll still see it soon too !

Edit: Oh I think I misread your post it seems... No Particle Fleet here ? Ooooh...
Post edited September 29, 2016 by Splatsch
rgnrk: <span class="bold">Particle Fleet: Emergence</span>
Splatsch: I am :)
I really loved the Creeper World trilogy, and was hoping for a release of this one here ! So it's great !

The latest release I regret to not see here is the last Soldak Entertainment game : Zombasite. It would have been a nice release during the sale. Well, I hope we'll still see it soon too !

Edit: Oh I think I misread your post it seems... No Particle Fleet here ? Ooooh...
No, sorry. My list is of general game releases for today, not on GOG.
I think Wuppo and Hybrid Wars an unofficially confirmed, though.
With EA releasing its games here I was hoping for some older titles like The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes (both games) and Beasts & Bumpkins. One can dream right?
Splatsch: I am :)

rgnrk: No, sorry. My list is of general game releases for today, not on GOG.
Hybrid Wars is on the "upcoming" tab so it is definitely coming. Wuppo is unconfirmed and I really hope that it will be released here.
Where is Thursday's game?

Running late. I think it got detention and had to stay after class. Get it? Back to school sale... school humor. More ill-attempts at academic levity.
Splatsch: The latest release I regret to not see here is the last Soldak Entertainment game : Zombasite.
Do we have positive confirmation that it's not coming to GOG? That certainly wouldn't surprise me considering that they rejected Starward Rogue from Arcen games.
rgnrk: No, sorry. My list is of general game releases for today, not on GOG.
Ahah, no problem, I was simply enthusiastic when I saw the name of the game in this thread :)
(by the way, there is a demo since yesterday for people interested ! :D)

rampancy: Do we have positive confirmation that it's not coming to GOG? That certainly wouldn't surprise me considering that they rejected Starward Rogue from Arcen games.
For now, I only know that they were waiting for an answer from GOG... So nothing positive or negative... But when I see that they rejected Starward Rogue from Arcen Games despite them being here with almost all their games which are of good quality and without any issue, well, we absolutely don't know what will happen. Sometimes I absolutely don't understand GOG :P
But I still keep my hopes :) (and for Starward Rogue, and Particle Fleet, and the Creeper World trilogy too, come on GOG, we want them ! :D).
Post edited September 29, 2016 by Splatsch
rgnrk: <span class="bold">The Metronomicon</span>
Silly rhythm RPG game.
Looks like this one is coming to GOG as well:
https://api.gog.com/products?ids=2023488780
SCPM: Looks like this one is coming to GOG as well:
... coming on Tue Feb 14 01:13:00 2034 (yes I know, it just means they abandoned epoch timestamps as game ID to make brute force finding of unreleased games harder, but it was amusing thought).
huan: ... coming on Tue Feb 14 01:13:00 2034 (yes I know, it just means they abandoned epoch timestamps as game ID to make brute force finding of unreleased games harder, but it was amusing thought).
I don't think they ever did use timestamps as IDs... they just looked a bit similar..
Splatsch: But I still keep my hopes :) (and for Starward Rogue, and Particle Fleet, and the Creeper World trilogy too, come on GOG, we want them ! :D).
Well as much as I know Virgil is planning a gog release of his games sometime after Particle Fleet release. Which might still mean a couple of months though.
Post edited September 29, 2016 by Matruchus
rgnrk: <span class="bold">The Metronomicon</span>
Silly rhythm RPG game.
The website for the game mentions GoG as a partner as well.
http://www.kasedogames.com/themetronomicon