It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MBiL_248: (In Germany we will never see it anyway ...)
Grargar: Apparently (if I understood the article correctly), the games won't be regionally-locked in Germany.
You can read German? You really never stop to astonish me. ;-)

The article says only, that Germans will be able to activate the game on Steam with a German IP, but there will be rather sure no German shop page.
Grargar: Apparently (if I understood the article correctly), the games won't be regionally-locked in Germany.
Yeah, but I believe that mostly means that buying and redeeming Steam keys won't be a problem. Just a few days ago, I could still see the Remastered editions of DI and Riptide in the German Steam store, and now they're gone. >_>
NuffCatnip: I'm even more confused than before, why was Dying Light taken from the store for german users?

Nevermind: It seems like there is a Nazi reference or something in the game.

Anyhow, if we get Dead Island, maybe Deep Silver decides to release another game of their catalogue. *crosses fingers for SRIV* :P
Well Deep Silver is not interested in region locking (yet?) - which is good. I mean they didn't region locked their Humble Bundles which included the uncensored versions of SRII, SRTT, DI and DI:R.
MBiL_248: You can read German? You really never stop to astonish me. ;-)

The article says only, that Germans will be able to activate the game on Steam with a German IP, but there will be rather sure no German shop page.
No, I don't know German. I just recall seeing this article posted somewhere else and assumed that "Dead Island without Region Lock for Germany" meant that it will be available for purchase for German IPs, but I forgot that regional locking can have many forms on Steam.
Nergal01: Yeah, but I believe that mostly means that buying and redeeming Steam keys won't be a problem. Just a few days ago, I could still see the Remastered editions of DI and Riptide in the German Steam store, and now they're gone. >_>
Oh well. That settles it.
Post edited May 12, 2016 by Grargar
NuffCatnip: *crosses paws for SRIV* :P
Grargar: Hmmm...
Oh, right, damn it....sorry. :P
NuffCatnip: I'm even more confused than before, why was Dying Light taken from the store for german users?

Nevermind: It seems like there is a Nazi reference or something in the game.

Anyhow, if we get Dead Island, maybe Deep Silver decides to release another game of their catalogue. *crosses fingers for SRIV* :P
ElTerprise: Well Deep Silver is not interested in region locking (yet?) - which is good. I mean they didn't region locked their Humble Bundles which included the uncensored versions of SRII, SRTT, DI and DI:R.
Let's hope it stays that way! :D
Post edited May 12, 2016 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: Let's hope it stays that way! :D
Indeed
Hoping for GUN, that was an awesome game!

The great Bethesda backlog dump of 2016 is (supposedly) scheduled for next Tuesday, right?
fronzelneekburm: Hoping for GUN, that was an awesome game!

The great Bethesda backlog dump of 2016 is (supposedly) scheduled for next Tuesday, right?
If the leak is right at this point, then yes.
Doom 3 for celebrating upcoming DOOM.
Azhdar: Doom 3 for celebrating upcoming DOOM.
Nah, today they will cancel region locks on GoG!
Well, at least we can dream of that.
OBLIVION!

I'm kind of looking forward to next Tuesday, but, at the same time, I can't help but feel that the rumour will turn out to be horribly wrong.

Well, at least if I expect to be disappointed, then it'll be great if the games do turn up. If not, then it'll be just another normal Tuesday. :-)
Post edited May 12, 2016 by blakstar
fortune_p_dawg: OBLIVION!
I don't get it, why do so many want Oblivion on here? The game is already DRM free on the CD version? NewVegas and Skyrim would be far more beneficial as there is no legal way of getting them DRM free?
fortune_p_dawg: OBLIVION!
nightcraw1er.488: I don't get it, why do so many want Oblivion on here? The game is already DRM free on the CD version? NewVegas and Skyrim would be far more beneficial as there is no legal way of getting them DRM free?
I'd much rather have Skyrim here too, but I'm just being realistic. And I'd much rather have a DRM-free digital edition of Oblivion than this disk copy I've been playing.

Yes, and it will leave quite a hole in my virtual wallet if it happens. On the other hand, I saved a lot in the past few weeks. And Shadwen is confirmed to release on that day too, so I know it won't be complete disappointment even if the rumors are false.