It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: well I'll guess

"Appare Isshin Tasuke" then
Nope, it's newer than that.
I wouldn't have thought it's that hard.

Here's another pic.
Attachments:
Yezemin: I wouldn't have thought it's that hard.

Here's another pic.
I haven't seen it and was just guessing Kurosawa movies. I wanted to lay off on the guessing to give others a chance.
I wouldn't have thought an ancient black and white foreign film would be so hard...

Sorry, just ignore my usual complaining, shut up bad_fur_day, you've got no taste.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
ooooooooo! I think I've seen this one. Is it Throne of Blood?
Is it "Kakusareta hageta dansei no chika toire no himitsu"
bad_fur_day1: I wouldn't have thought an ancient black and white foreign film would be so hard...

Sorry, just ignore my usual complaining, shut up bad_fur_day, you've got no taste.
Well, I've read this complete thread in the past and saw a lot of Kurosawa fans hang out here. So I was kinda banking on them. That's why I thougt it wouldn't be so hard.

I'm well aware that not everyone likes or even watches old movies. I didn't mean to be condescending.

Also, here's another hint: It's based on a Russian play, and it was not the first time this play was adapted.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by Yezemin
Yezemin: I'm well aware that not everyone likes or even watches old movies. I didn't mean to be condescending.
Oh, you weren't, bfd was the one being condescending, he dun like old movies (not trying to start anything bfd, just telling yez...)

I'll guess another kurosawa I guess, no one else seems to be chiming in:

Donzoko (based on a play, Gorky is russian right? so figure it's a good guess)

and you said "enter the lady"...landlady?

think I've got it...
Post edited January 28, 2016 by drealmer7
Yezemin: I'm well aware that not everyone likes or even watches old movies. I didn't mean to be condescending.
drealmer7: Oh, you weren't, bfd was the one being condescending, he dun like old movies (not trying to start anything bfd, just telling yez...)

I'll guess another kurosawa I guess, no one else seems to be chiming in:

Donzoko (based on a play, Gorky is russian right? so figure it's a good guess)

and you said "enter the lady"...landlady?

think I've got it...
Yep, that's the one.
didn't have the energy to figure out and do a clip in the wee hours this morning, so now that I'm awake...NEXT:
Attachments:
not a single guess? okay then, here's another shot:
Attachments:
The first screenshot looks familiar, but I can't place it right now.
drealmer7: not a single guess? okay then, here's another shot:
Aces High?
Post edited January 30, 2016 by Strijkbout
drealmer7: not a single guess? okay then, here's another shot:
Strijkbout: Aces High?
yep!
Next.
Attachments:
stopwatch.jpg (105 Kb)