It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crime scene clue #3;

The mirror was broken on purpose.
bad_fur_day1: Okay, time for the next clue. Can you detect this crime scene and crack the case? There's good clues in there.

Little bit of warning, it's a pretty bad crime scene, probably not good for children.

I accidentally spilt some human ketchup is all officer...
This is why you never trust a fart.
...I'll show myself out.
bad_fur_day1: Crime scene clue #3;

The mirror was broken on purpose.
Red Dragon?
ABH20: Red Dragon?
You deduced the perpertrator of these horrible, senseless crimes.

It was actually Manhunter, 1986. But close enough.

Your turn.
ABH20: Red Dragon?
bad_fur_day1: You deduced the perpertrator of these horrible, senseless crimes.

Your turn.
Huh, didn't know there was a previous movie made from the Red Dragon book.

Anyway, should be a pretty easy clue.
Attachments:
no_door.jpg (228 Kb)
bad_fur_day1: You deduced the perpertrator of these horrible, senseless crimes.

Your turn.
ABH20: Huh, didn't know there was a previous movie made from the Red Dragon book.

Anyway, should be a pretty easy clue.
Ep1?
Njordy: Ep1?
Correct. Your turn.
i think I might watch that today

Got a $500 BluRay player that is still in the box. :P Course I don't own any BlueRays but DVD works. :D
tinyE: i think I might watch that today

Got a $500 BluRay player that is still in the box. :P Course I don't own any BlueRays but DVD works. :D
Wut, why was it so expensive, has it an HDD and recording function?
I won my BD-player 5 years ago with a code that came with a DVD I bought and since I was moving, I needed a DVD player anyway. Only used it for my DVDs for a while until BDs were available for 5€ occasionally.
Have a bright 720p beamer since 2011 and won't go back to DVDs anytime soon. Have fun with it!
tinyE: i think I might watch that today

Klumpen0815: Wut, why was it so expensive, has it an HDD and recording function?
I won my BD-player 5 years ago with a code that came with a DVD I bought and since I was moving, I needed a DVD player anyway. Only used it for my DVDs for a while until BDs were available for 5€ occasionally.
Have a bright 720p beamer since 2011 and won't go back to DVDs anytime soon. Have fun with it!
It has everything, and I mean everything, Problem is I rarely if ever sit down and watch videos and I very specifically told my brother that, but he never listens to me, so now I have this ultra expensive start of the art paper weight here. :P Yes, this is the same brother that got me the Steam card. XD
Klumpen0815: Wut, why was it so expensive, has it an HDD and recording function?
tinyE: It has everything, and I mean everything, Problem is I rarely if ever sit down and watch videos and I very specifically told my brother that, but he never listens to me, so now I have this ultra expensive start of the art paper weight here. :P Yes, this is the same brother that got me the Steam card. XD
*rofl* I remember the giftcard. :D

Is there a long movie series he hates like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Avengers, or something with many long movies?
Get the BDs (extended cut if available) and gift him a movie marathon at your place!
Post edited December 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
tinyE: It has everything, and I mean everything, Problem is I rarely if ever sit down and watch videos and I very specifically told my brother that, but he never listens to me, so now I have this ultra expensive start of the art paper weight here. :P Yes, this is the same brother that got me the Steam card. XD
Klumpen0815: *rofl* I remember the giftcard. :D

Is there a long movie series he hates like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Avengers, or something with many long movies?
Get the BDs (extended cut if available) and gift him a movie marathon at your place!
He lives 2000 miles away. :P

okay, I need to stop derailing this thread. Sorry everyone.
tinyE: blu-rays yada
Klumpen0815: blu-rays yada yada yada
Interesting to hear about.

Having gone from the era of DVDs to blu-ray for some time now with a reflective perspective, I'd like some feedback.

I don't have a blu-ray player, never have even considered getting one. I don't think I will either, everything will switch over to digital distribution in the next 10 years anyway. I can wait, and am a patient person. I have a 720p monitor that is hooked into my HD graphics card and that is it. I use my dvd-r to play DVDs through VLC, stream online (HD where available), and have bunchces of varying quality data files (mmm lots of good old TV and VHS recordings!)

I'm wondering, would either of you (or anyone else, I suppose, not intending to derail more, but, hey, I think the thread can handle it and continue on with its purpose, we're just waiting for njordy) say there's a movie that I absolutely need to check out in HD?

And while I mean mainly for the visual aspect, I wonder too, is there any noticeable/significant difference in sound quality? I don't have HD sound, just 5.1 digital.

I suppose I might get a lot of recommendations for things I've seen in the theater, but I rarely ever go, so it is also highly possible not. Also, please stick to movies that are not of a series (to cut them off at the pass, do not recommend: PotC, SW, LotR, HP, Matrix, and the entire plethora of comic-book movies - THANKS!)
Post edited December 29, 2015 by drealmer7
Klumpen0815: blu-rays yada yada yada
drealmer7: Interesting to hear about.

Having gone from the era of DVDs to blu-ray for some time now with a reflective perspective, I'd like some feedback.

I don't have a blu-ray player,
Want mine? :P
drealmer7: Interesting to hear about.

I don't have a blu-ray player,
tinyE: Want mine? :P
Heck no! I don't want one at all! I'm very happy with my other ways of watching stuff/their quality, I don't see a point in blu-rays for me personally. I think the quality, when I have a quality DVD or stream or file, is quite good. I was just wondering if anyone thought there was something that was a must for HD for some reason or another. More often I am concerned about what I'm watching's audio quality over its video quality. Zoomzooom!